ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application Submission and 4 months to IRP Renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

EduZone
Newly Registered
India

Naturalization Application Submission and 4 months to IRP Renewal

Post by EduZone » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:33 pm

I am looking to submit an application for Naturalization by mid of Dec 2020.
I am anxious my IRP card is due renewal in 1st week of April 2021.
I am concerned, should I go ahead and submit the application for Naturalization by mid-Dec 2020 or should I wait until IRP renewal in April 2021?
Kindly advice.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Naturalization Application Submission and 4 months to IRP Renewal

Post by littlerr » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:40 pm

There is no relation between the naturalisation application and your IRP renewal whatsoever.
If you intend to apply for citizenship, you should just go and apply for it (of course, keep in mind that there’s a delay in returning passport in the initial processing stage).

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Post by griffith » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:58 pm

Do you think passport photocopies can be submitted instead of the original.???
Stay strong & never Give up!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:47 am

No. The requirement is black-and-white. Original passport plus a copy of GNIB Stamp pages.

EduZone
Newly Registered
India

Post by EduZone » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:39 am

littlerr wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:40 pm
There is no relation between the naturalisation application and your IRP renewal whatsoever.
If you intend to apply for citizenship, you should just go and apply for it (of course, keep in mind that there’s a delay in returning passport in the initial processing stage).

Thanks for your feedback. I was keenly looking forward to your response. I am skeptical of my passport will be returned on time, to be sent for IRP renewal. Based on your experience, what would you advise?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:17 pm

Well there are almost 5 months in between, so I would be really pissed if INIS couldn't get the initial assessment done within that amount of time.

I honestly don't know. Nobody would know what kind of service level we will have next year. Hopefully with the vaccine getting rolled out during the first quarter, we should see most services getting back to normal.

Do you live in Dublin or not? Is your renewal by post or by in-person visit to a local Garda station? If you live outside of Dublin, you can certainly try to renew early if you can somehow get an appointment. Not much you can do if you live in Dublin though.

I'd say, if you want to apply for naturalisation first, apply for it as soon as your 5 year is up. Do it right away in mid December.

If you need a few weeks to gather all the documents and get them certified/witnessed, OR if there's a chance that you will need to travel abroad for the next few months, apply for it after you get your new IRP.

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Post by griffith » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:28 pm

If the IRP renewal has nothing to do with the ctz3 than does that mean the Gnib card must be valid at the time of application only ???
For instance when submitting ctz3 if the Gnib card is expiring in a month would this make any difference ?
Stay strong & never Give up!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:53 pm

Per new policy, passports are no longer required for IRP renewals.

You can submit your application as long as your IRP is valid at the time when you make your declaration in the application.
You are required to send a copy of the new IRP card to the citizenship team if your current IRP card expires when your application is in progress.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:04 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:53 pm
Per new policy, passports are no longer required for IRP renewals.

You can submit your application as long as your IRP is valid at the time when you make your declaration in the application.
You are required to send a copy of the new IRP card to the citizenship team if your current IRP card expires when your application is in progress.
Can applicant send it by scan and email? I mean new IRP card after renewal

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:10 pm

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be allowed. You can certainly email them first. If they come back and ask for a physical copy, you can then send a letter (but I don’t see the point of that).