ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Queries: Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

British Citizenship Queries: Child

Post by ruzfactor » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:41 pm

Hello all,
I have recently received my ILR (thanks to this forum for support and advice), and started online application for my child who was born in UK.

There's a section where I am stuck at the moment and could not find an option to skip. It asks for previous address in the last 5 years, but my daughter is only 14 months old. Should I put my address history instead?

Also, we applied for Bangladeshi passport when she was only 3 months. Can she have dual nationality?

Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: British Citizenship Queries: Child

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:24 pm

Select yes to address. HO knows the child is only 14 months.
I am unaware about the Bangladeshi Nationality law - you have to check if Bangladesh allows that or not.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:26 pm

Thanks @CULLINAN.

I am almost done with the application, however, the required documents are as perplexing as ever. Any idea what proof should be submitted as parental responsibility?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:47 pm

ruzfactor wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:26 pm
Thanks @CULLINAN.

I am almost done with the application, however, the required documents are as perplexing as ever. Any idea what proof should be submitted as parental responsibility?
UK birth certificate.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:47 pm
ruzfactor wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:26 pm
Thanks @CULLINAN.

UK birth certificate.
Thanks @Cullinan. Regarding the two referees, both of them are professionals and British citizen who know me/my daughter in a personal capacity. However, in the forms guide it is mentioned that If the application is for a child, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion. This is a bit of a problem now. Does it matter for a 14 months old if the referees don't know her in a professional capacity? :? :?

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:28 pm

My concern is why a doctor/health visitor would share personal info like address, DoB, passport no etc. which are required.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:33 pm

For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:39 am

Thanks for that information. I guess I would have to take a chance with the current referees, as it will be difficult to get hold of GP or health visitor at this time. I am not sure about the document to prove that a referee dealt in a professional capacity is not available though.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:13 am

ruzfactor wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:39 am
Thanks for that information. I guess I would have to take a chance with the current referees, as it will be difficult to get hold of GP or health visitor at this time. I am not sure about the document to prove that a referee dealt in a professional capacity is not available though.
You should contact them first and see how they response. If they refuse, you should mention the details in a cover letter and explain the situation. Also, request HO to use other referee given the situation then.

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:12 am

Thanks again @CULLINAN. I have submitted the application. I will provide a cover letter and explain the situation.

One more question though: Is it ok to just upload the birth certificate or do I need to upload duplicate copies with filename as 'Mr. X's Parental responsibility' (this may be a silly question! :P )? Just trying not keep any loose end :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:15 am

UK Birth Certificate is enough as long it has your name as a parent on it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:18 am

Given corona, HO just cant be expecting parent(s) chasing GP’s and health visitor’s for reference. You will not have any issues. Just explain in the cover letter. HO is very lenient when it comes to referee for young children.