ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from T2 ICT to new skilled work visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Desi_sri
Newly Registered
India

Switching from T2 ICT to new skilled work visa

Post by Desi_sri » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:07 pm

Hi all

I was googling about the subjected topic but not finding clear information. Every where it is mentioned that it is possible to shift from iCT to Skilled worker visas but it is not clear that is it possible to switch to a different employer?

My situation - I have an T2 ICT and a different employer is ready to sponsor me (Skilled worker) in December. First of all, Is it possible? If yes - how will it work interns of serving notice period and termination of employment with previous employer? Coz' my T2 visa clearly says I can't work for another sponsor and I'm guessing as soon as I get the new Skilled worker visa, I should stop working for old employer ?

Thank you
-Sri

code_blue
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switching from T2 ICT to new skilled work visa

Post by code_blue » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes under the new Point Based System which comes into effect from Jan 2021, Tier 2 ICT holders will be able to switch to Skilled Worker Visa (Tier 2 General). Applications can be filed from Dec 1st.

The new Employer who is willing to sponsor can file the application after Dec 1st but the Job Start Date has to be from Jan 2021.

You can submit your resignation once your Skilled Worker Visa is approved but you have to take into account your notice period based on your contract with the current employer. Ideally your start date on Skilled Worker Visa should be after end of employment (end of your notice period) with current employer.