ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation of child born in the U.K.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Linet Jose
Newly Registered
India

Naturalisation of child born in the U.K.

Post by Linet Jose » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:57 am

Hello All,

Can someone help with this Query please?

My Son is born in UK (2019) and I have just got a passport (Indian) for him. I have registered his birth here and in Indian Embassy too.
We haven't applied any VISA for him, so as per his status he can't travel out of the Country.
Now My Wife and I have applied for ILR and awaiting decision.
Assuming everything goes well, and we are granted ILR, I would want to know if I can apply for Naturalization/ British Citizenship (MN1) directly for my Son or is there an issue.

srsw

Re: Naturalisation of child born in the U.K.

Post by srsw » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:06 am

Yep, if ILR gets approved for you/your wife, then you can register your kid as British Citizen via MN1 form. Then you apply for his British passport, then you renounce Indian passport/apply for OCI for your kid.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Linet Jose
Newly Registered
India

Post by Linet Jose » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:38 am

srsw wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:06 am
Yep, if ILR gets approved for you/your wife, then you can register your kid as British Citizen via MN1 form. Then you apply for his British passport, then you renounce Indian passport/apply for OCI for your kid.
Hi srsw,

Thanks you so much for your clarification.
So my son's stay without any VISA would be deemed technically illegal till he gets British Citizen via MN1 form?

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:14 pm

Linet Jose wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:38 am
srsw wrote:
Hi srsw,

So my son's stay without any VISA would be deemed technically illegal till he gets British Citizen via MN1 form?
No, it wouldn't be illegal.

Btw, didn't realise you tagged on to other's topic. You need to start your own topic so there's no confusion & also it's not right for the topic owner.

Moderators: pls move this to separate thread.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Linet Jose
Newly Registered
India

Post by Linet Jose » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:35 pm

srsw wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:14 pm
Linet Jose wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:38 am
srsw wrote:
Hi srsw,

No, it wouldn't be illegal.

Btw, didn't realise you tagged on to other's topic. You need to start your own topic so there's no confusion & also it's not right for the topic owner.

Moderators: pls move this to separate thread.
I am sorry, Didn't know if this was not suppose to be here, I am unable to find a option to move or delete.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:37 pm

Query split into separate thread.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.