ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Replacement BRP Question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

claudiadoke
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Replacement BRP Question

Post by claudiadoke » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:29 pm

Hi -

I’ve never posted on here, so I apologise if this is in the wrong board or has already been answered before.

Basically, in August my BRP was lost in the post by Royal Mail. I reported it as lost immediately, and applied for a replacement. I was invited to use the IDV app for biometrics on September 9th, and submitted the biometrics through the app on the same day. I was advised that my biometrics were passed on to UKVI on the 10th. I haven’t heard anything since.

I understand that there is a lot going on with immigration applications at the moment, but I am slightly confused as to why it is taking so long, as it should really just be a matter of confirming my identity. Has anyone else also applied for a replacement BRP? If so, what was the process/timeline like for you? I’m just not certain if it is normal for it to take this long, or if perhaps I should go and do my biometrics in person?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

THC18
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Re: Replacement BRP Question

Post by THC18 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:26 pm

Hello claudiadoke

I wish I had some information that would be of use to you. I am waiting for my brp since being granted leave a month ago. It is my understanding that they are experiencing delays and it is a lottery as to who gets theirs and when.