ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation of child born in the U.K.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mmoeed
Pakistan

Naturalisation of child born in the U.K.

Post by mmoeed » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:33 pm

Hi all,

I have submitted an online application via form MN1 (fees paid) for our son's British Citizenship (UK born before I had ILR), as advised by the guru's on this forum, earlier this year. I need to book an appointment for my son's biometrics and document submission. My Original Passport & BRP (ILR) was sent to the home office last week (25th November 2020), because I have also applied for our newborn's British Passport on 21 November 2020.

I have a couple of questions related to British Citizenship application (MN1) of our son please,

1. At the time of his application, I submitted details of my two friends as first & second referee. After the application was submitted online (and fees paid) on 7th November, I was asked to provide signed referee declarations along with with other documents, in order to complete my application. I have noticed, if the applicant is a child, the first referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker etc.

Instead, I have submitted my friend's details in the application which seems incorrect. I can ask my son's teacher or health visitor to provide their details and fill/sign the first referee declaration form for him. How I can modify/change details of the first referee in online application? If i am not able to make any changes in the online application, and send first referee declaration signed/completed by my friend who has not engaged with our son in a professional capacity, what will happen to the application ? What is the best course of action from here onwards? Please advice.

2. My son's Tier-2 dependant visa was expired in February 2020. I was granted ILR in January 2020. We had no plan to travel this year, therefore we delayed to apply for his British citizenship. My Mrs. in on a valid Tier-2 dependent visa. Since NHS started to end us invoices for our son's treatment, I applied for my son's British Citizenship on 7th November. I have not booked an appointment to submit his biometrics , because as per my understanding I will need to present my original Passport & BRP(ILR) at the time of his appointment (to complete/submit his application to the Home Office). As mentioned earlier my original Passport & BRP(ILR) are with the Home Office (submitted with our newborn's British Passport application), which was received by the Home Office on 25th November 2020. UKVI( Permanent Migration) has sent me a reminder via email on 27th November 2020, to book my son's bio-metric within next 30 working days. Hopefully, I will receive my Passport & BRP(ILR) in a couple of weeks time, but it can take longer which is not in my control.

(This letter serves to remind you that you now have 30 working days (from the date of you notification) in which to make and attend an appointment to enrol your biometrics.).

If you do not attend an appointment and enrol your biometric information your application will be rejected as invalid. This will apply even if you have provided all the other relevant information, evidence and payment required to validate your application.

If there are exceptional circumstances as to why you are unable to enrol your biometric information within 30 working days from the date of this notification you must call the UK Visas & Immigration Contact Centre on 0300 123 2241 or email nationalitybiometrics@homeoffice.gov.uk and explain why you are unable to attend. Please be aware that we may request more information and evidence about why you are unable to enrol your biometric features

I am hoping to receive my Passport and BRP(ILR) soon, and book a bio-metric appointment for our son's British Citizenship (MN1). In case if there is a delay from the Home Office in sending my original documents back, I won't be able to book/submit our biometrics and complete his application. Could you please advice me, should I contact the Home Office and explain to them about this situation beforehand? Does this situation come under exceptional circumstances?

Please advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation of child born in the U.K.

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:38 pm

You only need to scan and upload your passport and ilr brp for MN1. You don't need YOUR originals. Only the child's original passport is needed at the appointment to confirm identity.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmoeed
Pakistan

Post by mmoeed » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Thanks a lot for a swift response CR001. Could you please also advice me on the first question regarding referee.

Regards,
Moeed

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:55 pm

Add a cover letter, provide the new referee details there as asked by the online form, arrange the new referee to sign the referee declaration form.
Upload the new referee declaration and cover letter along with all other documents before biometrics.

If you fail, also read:
For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mmoeed
Pakistan

Post by mmoeed » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:23 pm

Thank you very much for a speedy response. I will press on with the application now. Could you please provide me one last piece of information, if possible. What time of the day, appointment slots for the biometrics made available online.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Moeed

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:31 pm

mmoeed wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:23 pm
Thank you very much for a speedy response. I will press on with the application now. Could you please provide me one last piece of information, if possible. What time of the day, appointment slots for the biometrics made available online.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Moeed
Read the UKVCAS flash message. You will be able to book now on 2nd Dec 00:01 GMT for 29th Dec at the earliest unless you are lucky to get an earlier slot (if there is any cancellation).

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mmoeed
Pakistan

Post by mmoeed » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Thanks a million for providing all information and advice.

Regards,
Moeed.

mmoeed
Pakistan

Post by mmoeed » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:23 pm

Hi again,

Last night, I booked a paid appointment for 26th December, which is cancelled today.

Good Afternoon
If you are not the lead applicant please pass this message to the lead applicant as soon as possible.

We are getting in touch with you as unfortunately we had to cancel your appointment scheduled for the 26th of December at our Croydon service point. This is due to closure during the Christmas period. Please do not attend the service point as you will not be serviced. We will refund all fees paid for your appointment within 10 working days to the card used to make the payment.

If a member of the team has already contacted you to re-book please ignore this email.

In order for UKVI to process your application you must book a new appointment. This can be done by logging in to the UKVCAS website or calling our customer helpline on 0330 123 1199, calls to this number are charged at local rates.

Apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.
Yours sincerely
UKVCAS Customer Services
This service is managed and provided by Sopra Steria.

I went to the website but appointment for 26th December is still showing booked. Should i cancel it manually and try to book another appointment tonight ? I have already paid for the first appointment, cancelling an appointment myself will effect the refund ?

Please advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:35 pm

mmoeed wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Hi again,

Last night, I booked a paid appointment for 26th December, which is cancelled today.

Good Afternoon
If you are not the lead applicant please pass this message to the lead applicant as soon as possible.

We are getting in touch with you as unfortunately we had to cancel your appointment scheduled for the 26th of December at our Croydon service point. This is due to closure during the Christmas period. Please do not attend the service point as you will not be serviced. We will refund all fees paid for your appointment within 10 working days to the card used to make the payment.

If a member of the team has already contacted you to re-book please ignore this email.

In order for UKVI to process your application you must book a new appointment. This can be done by logging in to the UKVCAS website or calling our customer helpline on 0330 123 1199, calls to this number are charged at local rates.

Apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.
Yours sincerely
UKVCAS Customer Services
This service is managed and provided by Sopra Steria.

I went to the website but appointment for 26th December is still showing booked. Should i cancel it manually and try to book another appointment tonight ? I have already paid for the first appointment, cancelling an appointment myself will effect the refund ?

Please advice.
Why did you book an appointment when you were advised not to book before 2nd Dec? Did you not read the UKVCAS flash message?

mmoeed
Pakistan

Post by mmoeed » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:47 pm

Sorry about that. :(

I was stressed and tried to book an appointment ASAP. Just read your previous message carefully. I understand, I wont be able to book any appointment before 2nd Dec 00:01 GMT.

Can i check for a cancelled appointments in the mean time ? I can see there are few empty slots available for 23rd December in a Premium Centre (need to pay). I can book an appointment, in order to settle this issue. I am very stressed because to the reminder issued by the Home Office "to book an appointment within 30 working days", which is pretty close.

Please advise.

Regards,
Moeed

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:12 am

mmoeed wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:47 pm
Sorry about that. :(

I was stressed and tried to book an appointment ASAP. Just read your previous message carefully. I understand, I wont be able to book any appointment before 2nd Dec 00:01 GMT.

Can i check for a cancelled appointments in the mean time ? I can see there are few empty slots available for 23rd December in a Premium Centre (need to pay). I can book an appointment, in order to settle this issue. I am very stressed because to the reminder issued by the Home Office "to book an appointment within 30 working days", which is pretty close.

Please advise.

Regards,
Moeed
Please do not stress. HO will not penalise you for late biometrics given covid situation. Yes you can book for 23rd Dec if available or even earlier than that if any cancellations. Utilise this time to look for early cancellations. Do not book any between 24th Dec - 29th Dec. Check the closure dates in UKVCAS flash message.