ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in Uk test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Life in Uk test

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:23 pm

Hello,

I am sitting my life in the UK test on Friday. I have signed up on the TSO website and have done the study and a load of mock tests on there. Is this enough? Are the questions very similar to the actual test.

I tried to look up information on here and people didn't mention the TSO mock tests but other free tests and I am wandering if I need to do these as well?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Leanne

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Life in Uk test

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:40 pm

Aussiewifeinuk3 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:23 pm
Hello,

I am sitting my life in the UK test on Friday. I have signed up on the TSO website and have done the study and a load of mock tests on there. Is this enough? Are the questions very similar to the actual test.

I tried to look up information on here and people didn't mention the TSO mock tests but other free tests and I am wandering if I need to do these as well?

Thanks!
Leanne
Personally, I never or would ever suggest to prepare for it from the anonymous websites despite of anyone having positive fruition out if it rather will always emphasis on the need of relying mainly on the official material which you are already doing. Apart of that, there is another reliable source from the local library which is totally free containing abundance of practical material and tests.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:42 pm

Not sure about the TSO mock tests but the ones mentioned on this forum (15 online exams) is a great option. Pretty much success is guaranteed if you prepare using those exams.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:09 pm

srsw wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:42 pm
Not sure about the TSO mock tests but the ones mentioned on this forum (15 online exams) is a great option. Pretty much success is guaranteed if you prepare using those exams.
Thats right. Myself and loads of my friends have used it with success
Google "life in the uk test web" and take the 15-16 exams
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:29 pm

poper wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:09 pm
srsw wrote:
I know almost 50 people including myself, my wife, my extended family and friends who passed from this. Hence, I always recommend it. We only did these nothing else (without exaggeration). All passed.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:17 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:29 pm
poper wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:09 pm
srsw wrote:
I know almost 50 people including myself, my wife, my extended family and friends who passed from this. Hence, I always recommend it. We only did these nothing else (without exaggeration). All passed.
Indeed, good wine needs no bush.

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:37 pm

Thank you so much everyone! :D

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:37 pm

Thank you so much everyone! :D

NadiiaR
Ukraine

Post by NadiiaR » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:37 am

Aussiewifeinuk3 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:23 pm
Hello,

Thanks!
Leanne
Might not be very helpful. I did those 15 free online tests ( I guess that is everyone is talking about) and they were fine to train myself. But I found questions were different. The best way to train for me was to read the official book and answer question from their official training book. Questions in the training book were exactly the same as during the test.
After this test was very easy. It took me like 6 min to answer all questions.

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:02 pm

Thanks everyone all done and passed

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:23 pm

Aussiewifeinuk3 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:02 pm
Congrats
Did those 15-16 tests help?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:38 pm

poper wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:23 pm
Aussiewifeinuk3 wrote:
Congrats
Did those 15-16 tests help?
exams**
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:57 am

I did do them but I think I would have been ok just doing the offical mock tests. But it all helped thanks! :D

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:00 am

Aussiewifeinuk3 wrote:
Congrats.