ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Member

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FreeUyghur
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

EEA Family Member

Post by FreeUyghur » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:41 pm

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well here.

I am confused about 2 items from the checklist:

1. Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period. This should
be evidence that you were here as a worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient, retired or
incapacitated person

2. Proof of living in the UK for Mr <<personal name removed by moderator>> for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if
applying as the spouse of a British Citizen.

I uploaded P60s for 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19, and 2019-20 and all payslips since April 2020. Is this sufficient to satisfy both of the above?

A little bit of background. I am a family member of an EEA national. Arrived in the UK in March 2014 (there is a stamp in the passport, I've uploaded that page) and in May 2014 I've received a Residence Document (Card of a Family Member of an EEA National) which is stamped in my passport, I've uploaded that page as well. Then in April 2019 I've received settled status under EU Settlement Scheme, have a Biometric Residence Card (also uploaded). I was continuously employed full-time since August 2014 with only 2 months gap in 2016.

My question is do the P60s satisfy the 2 items above? Or do I need to provide anything else?

Thanks for your help!

secret.simon

Re: EEA Family Member

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:47 pm

What application are you making? Naturalisation or another immigration application?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

FreeUyghur
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Post by FreeUyghur » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:48 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:47 pm
What application are you making? Naturalisation or another immigration application?
Apologies, looks like I've posted in the wrong section. I am applying for naturalization

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:56 pm

Moved to the correct forum.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:58 pm

Evidence of your residence are yours P60s etc.

However, evidence of lawful stay is related to your EU family member who "sponsored" you. If they were working, you should submit their P60 etc. If they were students they needed to have medical insurance for those 5 years before you all got settled status. Etc.