ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Visa to UK from Ireland(father residing on Stamp 0 visa)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chandurl
India

Tourist Visa to UK from Ireland(father residing on Stamp 0 visa)

Post by chandurl » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:18 pm

This is a query regarding my widower father-in-law who is currently in Ireland living with his son(Irish citizen) on Stamp 0(zero) visa which is expiring in March 2021.My father in law(76 year old) is an Indian citizen. He wants to visit us here (me, my wife and child) in UK for 2-3 months.
He has a previous UK Visitor Visa refusal in 2015 because of no reason provided by us(we were not aware- it was a genuine mistake from our side, we had no intent of deception)that we had to provide the reason for overstay of 9 months on Irish Visitor Visa in Ireland in 2014 and also both his children r out of India so, UK authorities don't believe he will go back to India. These were the refusal reasons at that time by the UK authorities. After that he was refused Irish Visitor Visa thrice. He came to Ireland in March 2020 on Stamp 0 Visa.

I have legally completed my 10 year stay here in UK. I still have Tier2(ICT) visa till September 2021.I am planning to apply for ILR in another couple of months.

My question is to apply for my father-in-law's UK visitor Visa, where do I apply? The Link from where the application needs to be completed and also the chances of him getting the Visitor Visa to UK, as he is nearing the end of his stamp 0 permit in Ireland. Could that be a reason for rejection for UK Visitor Visa ?/highlight]
My Father-in-law may or may not apply for Ireland extension.
He wants to go back to India and stay there permanently for his future health treatments as he will not get any medical facilities in Ireland or UK and he has medical cover in India, which he can avail. Unfortunately, his children don't live there in India. But, we visit him regularly and help him when he needs it.
Secondly, What should he write in the covering letter as a reason to visit (wants to spend some time with his daughter?) and how much time stay should he mention(2 months or so) , would that be OK?
As we understand Visitor Visa for UK is granted for 6 months but, he has no intention of residing here for 6 months, only till Coronavirus vaccine reaches India, which should be maximum another couple of months( as it's risky for him to travel to India because of his age and as a cancer patient, he is in the high risk category).
Would really appreciate if we can get some guidance on what to write in covering letter as the reason to travel and also the period of stay.
If he applies Stamp 0 extension, he anyways will go back to Ireland before March 2021.

Lastly, is there any risk in my ILR application , relating to my father-in -laws immigration history?

As it is advisable by Government to do only emergency travel because of Covid-19, is there any risk of application getting denied now?

We want my father-in- law's route to be open to visit us in UK in future, from India too, as he will prove his credibility by sticking to Ireland stamp 0 rules(no overstay or not availing any benefits) and also by abiding to UK Visa rules in the same way.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tourist Visa to UK from Ireland(father residing on Stamp 0 visa)

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:20 pm

With an adverse immigration and no apparent strong ties to India, he is highly likely to be refused a visitor visa for the UK.

The UK and Ireland share immigration information too.

Your father's immigration history has nothing to do with your ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chandurl
India

Post by chandurl » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:39 pm

Thanks for the quick response. Can you please let us know the link from where to apply UK visitor visa from Ireland? We are just trying to look at the details and evaluate applying for the same.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:40 pm

It's the same link for anywhere he applies from. There is no specifi link just for applications from Ireland.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chandurl
India

Post by chandurl » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:43 pm

Thanks again! Really appreciate the quick response.

chandurl
India

Tourist Visa to UK from India

Post by chandurl » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:24 am

This is a query regarding my widower father-in-law(Indian citizen) who is currently in Ireland living with his son and his family(Irish citizens) on Stamp 0(zero) visa which is expiring in March 2021.My father in law is 76 year old and a cancer patient.

He is leaving Ireland today and doesn't want to come back to Ireland or apply for an extension in near future because of family problems here at his Son's place.

We would like him to visit us here (me, my wife and child) in UK in future. I am his Son-in-law.

He was refused UK Visitor Visa in 2015, because of no reason provided by us of 9 month overstay in Ireland.(we were not aware that we had to explain 9 month overstay in Ireland to UK authorities).It was a genuine mistake from our side, we had no intent of deception. His wife passed away in 2013 December and his son was trying for stamp 0 at that time when he came to Ireland in 2014 on Irish Visitor Visa. That's why the overstay of 9 months in Ireland.

We didn't know we had to provide the reason for overstay of 9 months on Irish Visitor Visa(3 monthly visa) in Ireland in 2014 and also both his children were out of India so, UK authorities said they don't believe he will go back to India as both his children are residing out of India. These were the refusal reasons at that time i.e 2015 , by the UK authorities. After that he was refused Irish Visitor Visa thrice. He came to Ireland in March 2020 on Stamp 0 Visa.

He also wants to go back to India and stay there permanently for his future health treatments, as he will not get any medical facilities in Ireland or UK and he has medical cover in India, which he can use. Unfortunately, his children don't live there in India. But, we visit him regularly and help him when he needs it.

We want my father in law's route to be open to visit us in UK in future, from India , as he has proved his credibility by sticking to Ireland stamp 0 rules(no overstay or not availing any benefits) and also by abiding to UK Visa rules in the same way, if he gets the UK visa in future.

MY QUESTION IS, AS WE UNDERSTAND, HE NEEDS TO INFORM IRISH AUTHORITIES OF HIS ARRIVAL IN INDIA IN NEXT FEW DAYS AND SEND THE COPY OF THE STAMP OF ARRIVAL IN INDIA FROM HIS PASSPORT.

SO , SHOULD WE WRITE A COVERING LETTER TO IRISH AUTHORITIES MENTIONING THAT DAD HAS GONE TO INDIA, BECAUSE HE IS KEEPING UNWELL AND NEEDS TO GET HIS TREATMENT DONE, POSSIBLY FOR A LONGER PERIOD OF TIME AND THAT'S WHY HE IS NOT PLANNING TO APPLY FOR STAMP 0 EXTENSION IN MARCH 2021?
HOPEFULLY, THIS COVERING LETTER WILL JUSTIFY HIS NON-APPLICATION OF EXTENSION OF STAMP 0.
WE WANT TO GIVE THIS COVERING LETTER SO THAT AUTHORITIES DON'T MISUNDERSTAND US.
AS, WHEN WE ASKED FOR STAMP 0 IN THE FIRST PLACE, WE MENTIONED LONELINESS, OLD AGE,LACK OF FAMILY ENRICHMENT ETC AS OUR MAIN REASON TO CALL HIM TO IRELAND.

NOW, WE VOLUNTARILY WANT TO GIVE JUSTIFICATION TO IRISH AUTHORIITES OF NOT CONTINUING OR APPLYING FOR STAMP 0 IN NEAR FUTURE, AS HE NEEDS MEDICAL TREATMENT AND IT IS NOT POSSIBLE IN IRELAND, BECAUSE HE CAN'T USE GOVERNMENT HEALTH SERVICES IN IRELAND AND HIS HEALTH INSURANCE WILL NOT COVER PRE-EXISTING ILLNESSES AND ALSO EXPENSIVE TREATMENTS.
HOPEFULLY THIS WILL CONVINCE UK AUTHORITES ALSO, IN FUTURE, AS THIS LETTER WOULD BE WITH IRISH AUTHORITIES AND UK CAN CHECK WITH IRELAND ON THIS MATTER AND ALSO, WE WILL ATTACH THIS DECLARATION OF OURS TO IRELAND, WHEN APPLYING FOR TOURIST VISA FOR UK IN ANOTHER COUPLE OF YEARS.

WE ARE PLANNING TO GIVE A LONG GAP OF COUPLE OF YEARS SO THAT UK AUTHORITIES ARE CONVINCED THAT HE HAS LIVED BY HIMSELF IN INDIA FOR THESE COUPLE OF YEARS, ON HIS OWN.
WE KNOW UK TOURIST VISA IS NEAR TO IMPOSSIBLE IN HIS CASE BUT, WE WANT TO BE HOPEFUL.

PLEASE ADVISE WHAT WE SHOULD WRITE IN THE COVERING LETTER FROM INDIA, AS A REASON TO NOT CONTINUE IN NEAR FUTURE IN IRELAND , SO THAT HIS IMMIGRATION HISTORY IS ATLEAST POSITIVE .

HOPING FOR A REPLY SOON.

THANKS