ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My PSW visa application refused

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

opoopo
Newly Registered

My PSW visa application refused

Post by opoopo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:36 pm

Hi all,

My PSW visa application refused by the home office,It is because of the points claimed for post graduate diploma is not equilvalent to Uk's bachlor degree.

Could anybody able to guide me to appeal in my case.

Please,I am looking forward to your replies.

Thanks

hasankhan
Newly Registered

Re: My PSW visa application refused

Post by hasankhan » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:21 pm

opoopo wrote:Hi all,

My PSW visa application refused by the home office,It is because of the points claimed for post graduate diploma is not equilvalent to Uk's bachlor degree.

Could anybody able to guide me to appeal in my case.

Please,I am looking forward to your replies.

Thanks
can you tell me which diploma you have and from which college

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:59 pm

You should have checked points for your qualification (and other attributes) in the points-based calculator before submitting your application.

There is no use of appealing the decision unless you are sure that you have not been awarded points (for qualification) that you are entitled to.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

opoopo
Newly Registered

To Hassan

Post by opoopo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:36 pm

My college gave me a letter stating that my post graduate diploma is equivalent to a Uk's bachlor degree.Will it be fyn to appeal again.

Do you anybody who got their psw by post graduate diploma in management.

Thanks

Ramesh

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: To Hassan

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:45 am

opoopo wrote:My college gave me a letter stating that my post graduate diploma is equivalent to a Uk's bachlor degree.Will it be fyn to appeal again.
Does the policy document state that such a document will be accepted as valid evidence? If so, get it. Else, forget it as it is of no use.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

opoopo
Newly Registered

Post by opoopo » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:36 am

Yes,here I am mentioning the some of home office sources

:)If the qualification is a postgraduate diploma or certificate the letter must also include:

confirmation that the qualification is equivalent to, or above the level of, a United Kingdom bachelor degree

Ramesh

razag
Newly Registered

Post by razag » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:33 pm

yes if your college gave you a letter that your diploma or degree is equivalent to lavel 7 then it will be fine hopefully because my psw was also refused that secretry of state r not satisfied with my diploma that it is equivalent to . i have seen a lot of cases on different forum refused on the basis of this its realy shamed that secretary state even dont know about the diploma or degree equivelnt to.

i have submitted my college leter with appeal that it is equivalent to get 20 points under PSW

A

PLS RESPOND ASAP!

Post by A » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:37 am

OPOOPO: Can you please tell me what ended up happening with regards to your PSW appeal? I am currently going through exactly the same thing and I received the rejection letter last week - currently filling out the appeal form.

Have you had a hearing yet? If so, what was the outcome and how long did the whole appeal process take? Furthermore, on WHAT grounds did you argue your appeal?

Anything you can share with me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
A.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:50 pm

razag

A college can write a letter saying that a qualification is at or above degree level. It does not mean that it is true.

See this database and look at the list of recognised awarding bodies:

http://www.accreditedqualifications.org.uk/index.aspx