ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: email from UKVCAS regarding CSI 2 hours before appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BillyBob2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Urgent: email from UKVCAS regarding CSI 2 hours before appointment

Post by BillyBob2 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:27 pm

I have my biometrics appointment in 2 hours.

I just received an email stating:

Mandatory documents missing. The following mandatory supporting documents could not be found, please ensure that ahead of your appointment you scan and upload these documents to the correct category:

If you have had comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI), please upload a copy of your CSI policy to the "other" category. Please note this is only applicable if you had or currently have a CSI policy to upload.

I am going settled status route for naturalisation, EU national. I have been in the UK for over 6 years, and have been a full time employee since. I have P45s and P60s for the entire duration which I have submitted, thus paying NI contributions.

Do I need to provide anything else? Have I missed anything. Am panicking a little, any advice would be appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Urgent: email from UKVCAS regarding CSI 2 hours before appointment

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:54 pm

If CSI policy does not apply to you, nothing to worry or upload.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

BillyBob2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BillyBob2 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:55 pm

Thanks! That's what I thought. They do like to create panic by email people 2 hours before, with such unclear guidelines...

Thanks again!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:58 pm

BillyBob2 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:55 pm
Thanks! That's what I thought. They do like to create panic by email people 2 hours before, with such unclear guidelines...

Thanks again!
Is CSI policy generating in your checklist?
UKVCAS staff knows nothing about the rules. They just go by the checklist. The checklist is pre-set and based on the answers you provide in the online form. There is a chance CSI is generating in your checklist under the mandatory section as per your answers in the form, hence the query?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Vhaelan
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by Vhaelan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:12 pm

My appointment is a bit further away (and therefore didn't get this email yet), but I also got the CSI document requirement as part of the mandatory documents list. My situation is very similar to OP's, applying with EU settled status and have been employed continuously. Maybe it's the EEA status which triggers this being added to the list.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Vhaelan wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:12 pm
My appointment is a bit further away (and therefore didn't get this email yet), but I also got the CSI document requirement as part of the mandatory documents list. My situation is very similar to OP's, applying with EU settled status and have been employed continuously. Maybe it's the EEA status which triggers this being added to the list.
CSI was a requirement for EEA citizens exercising treaty rights as "student" or "self-sufficient" Does not apply to "workers" or "self-employed" - it's not new. UKVI have decided to check on that requirement which most people didn't know existed.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

BillyBob2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BillyBob2 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:26 pm

Just attended my appointment. I was made sign a waiver that I did not wish to submit the CSI information.

Originally, they asked me to put down on the waiver that I did not have CSI but I refused to give that answer - I actually have had CSI the entire time, despite not needing it, as all my employers provided private medical aid coverage.

On the waiver, I therefore said that I did not wish to submit addition information for CSI (rather than saying did not have it which is what UKCVAS asked me to say).

I also added a cover letter explaining that I was employed the entire time and CSI info should not be required. However, even so, I had additional insurance for my entire stay in the U.K.

I’m hoping that in case of getting caught in some loophole this will allow me to submit further info. In particular, they could point out that at one point my one employment finished on a Friday and the next job only started on a Monday. I’m not sure if I technically would have needed CSI for that weekend? However, since my private medical aid that month covered me until month end, I should be covered. I’d just have to request the confirmation of cover from previous employers...

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:14 pm

Your application and documents will tell them you were employed - hard to see there is a loophole somewhere.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:20 pm

It is always best to add a cover letter in situations like these. Anyways its done now. As I said, UKVCAS staff only go by the checklist, knowing nothing about immigration rules. The waiver they made you sign is a standard procedure for them as the CSI appeared in the mandatory section and was missing. Nothing to worry though.

Abeythedon
United Kingdom

Post by Abeythedon » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:14 am

I'm not that worried about the CSI as my Ex wife was EEA national while I'm NonEea. She was worker throughout when we were together. I first had my PR in October 2018 then apply for settle status Feb 2019 which I was granted February then became student June 2019. It did pop up on my checklist for naturalization to provide CSI. I didn't because I believed I wasn't in that category not sure if I was right.