ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Navaro2

EU Settlement Status

Post by Navaro2 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:38 pm

My wife is non EU and she holds a permanent residence card that she obtained in 2018 under Lones case as I am dual citizen EU/British that I become in 2017.
Now after contacting HO they said that we have to apply for EU settlement from begining and they sent us an application form (paper by post) and they stated we have to submit all the documents from the begioning and prove that I have been staying here in UK for past years and ect.
The thing is my wife is not in an employment at the moment coz she is looking after our daughter so we have to send all my documents like P:60, 45 to prove my continous income.
I cant figure out why we have to send all those dicuments second time, to be honest:(

Does anybody have similar experience with obtaining his status or can someone give some advice if their have already applied on same Lones/dual citizenship circumstances
I would be grateful if we could learn from someone's experience as my wife is worried about that again:(

kamoe
European Union

Re: EU Settlement Status

Post by kamoe » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:55 pm

Navaro2 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:38 pm
My wife is non EU and she holds a permanent residence card that she obtained in 2018 under Lones case as I am dual citizen EU/British that I become in 2017.
Now after contacting HO they said that we have to apply for EU settlement
Not necessarily.

Are you aiming to obtain British Citizenship for her? Or are you only interested in securing her stay beyond Brexit?

Your wife became eligible for British Citizenship when she obtained the permanent residence card in 2018 (as she is married to a British citizen), and could have applied on the spot. If she applied for British Citizenship now, she could skip the EU Settlement Scheme entirely.

If she is not interested in Citizenship, then yes, she needs to apply for the Settlement Scheme if she wants to stay in the UK beyond June 2021.
they sent us an application form (paper by post)
If she does want to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme, yes, a paper application is what Lounes cases need to go through.
and they stated we have to submit all the documents from the begioning and prove that I have been staying here in UK for past years and ect.
The thing is my wife is not in an employment at the moment coz she is looking after our daughter so we have to send all my documents like P:60, 45 to prove my continous income.
I cant figure out why we have to send all those dicuments second time, to be honest:(

Does anybody have similar experience with obtaining his status or can someone give some advice if their have already applied on same Lones/dual citizenship circumstances
I would be grateful if we could learn from someone's experience as my wife is worried about that again:(
I'll let someone else with more experience on Settled status applications of non-EU family members answer this last point.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Gnud3mn
Nigeria

Post by Gnud3mn » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:59 pm

For your wife to qualify under the EU settlement scheme, you must satisfy the following requirements:

• The dual British/EEA national exercised free movement rights in the UK as a worker, self-employed person, self-sufficient person or student, or had PR status in the UK;

• They acquired British citizenship retaining their EEA nationality; and

• They continue to exercise Treaty rights or hold PR status.

Documents she must provide:

• Valid British passport for the dual UK/EEA sponsor;

• Valid EEA passport or ID card for the dual UK/EEA sponsor;

• Valid passport for the applicant;

• Evidence of family relationship, such as a marriage/civil partnership certificate or birth certificate

• Evidence of UK residence.

Navaro2

Post by Navaro2 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:21 pm

I am really glad about your replies guys and thanks for very detailed information!

When it comes to my EEA/Brithish passports, I have EU passport and I don't hold a british one at all but only "Certificate Of Naturalisation" and "Letter of Confirmation" (Invitation for ceremony)
Can you please advise me which one I should submit with my wife's other supporting documents???

Kind regards

Wal

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:25 pm

Navaro2 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:21 pm
I am really glad about your replies guys and thanks for very detailed information!

When it comes to my EEA/Brithish passports, I have EU passport and I don't hold a british one at all but only "Certificate Of Naturalisation" and "Letter of Confirmation" (Invitation for ceremony)
Can you please advise me which one I should submit with my wife's other supporting documents???

Kind regards

Wal
Just to be sure you understood that she can skip the EU Settlement Scheme? She can apply direct to BC.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Gnud3mn
Nigeria

Post by Gnud3mn » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:50 pm

Navaro2 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:21 pm

Kind regards

Wal
In that case you should submit this new list of supporting documents:

- Certificate of naturalization and letter of confirmation for the dual UK/EEA sponsor;

- Employment contract & pay slips for 6 months to prove you were exercising your treaty right at some point

- Permanent residence document (not compulsory if you have employment contracts and pay slips) but theres no harm in adding them.

- Valid EEA passport or ID card for the dual UK/EEA sponsor;

- Valid passport for the applicant;

- Evidence of family relationship, such as a marriage/civil partnership certificate or birth certificate

- Evidence of UK residence.

Navaro2

Post by Navaro2 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:00 pm

Sorry guys, yes I do understamnd the procedure but we can' t apply for British Citizenship for this moment but only the Settlement.

Regardless of my PR, they never sent i back to me when I was granted my Citizenship but I have the copy of my old blue- paper PR only. However, we are going to send all my P60,P45's and I think I will enclose my working registration scheme too???