ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife of British Citizen which categeory is appropriate 5 years partner, 10 years partner,10 years long residence.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Syed01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Wife of British Citizen which categeory is appropriate 5 years partner, 10 years partner,10 years long residence.

Post by Syed01 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:09 pm

Hi All,
Many thanks for your expert input. You all have helped me immensely in the past. I need some advice about next steps.
My wife first entered UK in Feb 2009 as a dependent of Post Study WorkVisa. The Visa was valid until Oct 2010.
She then switched to PBS Dependent from Jan2011 till Jun 2013.
Sheleft for Pakistan in Nov 2011 and reentered UK in Dec 2012.
However, her Visa category had changed from Student Dependent to Tier 2 Dependent , valid from Mar 2012 till Jan 2014 whilst I was in Pakistan.
she then remained on Tier 2 Dependent Visa until Feb 2017.
she went back to Pakistan to switch my Visa category from Tier 2 Dependent to Tier 2 General Migrant. The Visa was valid from Jul 2014 until Sept 2017.
In 2017 ,she applied under catergeory of wife of British citizen, for 5 years rules,but instead of 5 years she was put on longterm partner 10 years route.
Her visa extension is due now so please could you advise us which categeory is suitable for her visa categeory.
As she wanted to continue to apply under 10 years partner.But I was think can she apply for 5 years route again .what if she was not given permission under this route again.As there was a one year continuous gap in her continued stay in the Uk from feb 2009 to October 2020 so I think she is not eligiable for 10 years long term route.Any help will be highly appreciated.Regards

vinny

Re: Wife of British Citizen which categeory is appropriate 5 years partner, 10 years partner,10 years long residence.

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:22 pm

Syed01 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:09 pm
In 2017 ,she applied under catergeory of wife of British citizen, for 5 years rules,but instead of 5 years she was put on longterm partner 10 years route.
Do you know why?
But I was think can she apply for 5 years route again
Possible.
what if she was not given permission under this route again
Then they may make her continue under the 10-year partner path.
As there was a one year continuous gap in her continued stay in the Uk from feb 2009 to October 2020 so I think she is not eligiable for 10 years long term route.
True.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Syed01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Wife of British Citizen which categeory is appropriate 5 years partner, 10 years partner,10 years long residence.

Post by Syed01 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:34 pm

Many thanks Vinny, for your quick reply. I really appreciated it.
It means that its better for her to apply under the same catergeory of 10 years partner route for her 2 nd externsion under this route.Kindly let us know after getting this oncomming visa extension she is also eligible for 10 years long residence .because she has been living in the uk continously since she came back from Pakistan in 2012 December, without gap of more than 30 days.
Please advice us will she eligible for ILR roure in 2022.
Best Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:57 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Syed01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Syed01 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:44 pm

All,
Many thanks for your expert guidance. My wife is now applying to extend the visa but would like to confirm the online form to use please. Her original application under FM-5 year route was rejected 2.5 years ago but she was given visa under FM-10 year partner route. In order to extend the visa, does she use FLR (FP) or FLR (M) online form?
Your help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:50 pm

Syed01 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:44 pm
All,
Many thanks for your expert guidance. My wife is now applying to extend the visa but would like to confirm the online form to use please. Her original application under FM-5 year route was rejected 2.5 years ago but she was given visa under FM-10 year partner route. In order to extend the visa, does she use FLR (FP) or FLR (M) online form?
Your help and advice will be greatly appreciated.
If you want to get it extended under same route then use FLRFP otherwise FLRM where you will have to meet the financial & language requirement. Also, point to note, that FLRM will reset the ILR clock.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Syed01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Syed01 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:03 pm

Hi seagul ,

Many thanks for you quick reply about FLR-FP form.I believe this is the form we need to fill out. Thank for pointing out that FLR-M form will reset the ILR clock we did not know that.We really appreciate it.

Regards
Syed.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:51 am

I think that a successful FLR(M) may restart her on a five year path under the partner rules, but it doesn’t reset her 10 year path under the partner rules.

Syed01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Syed01 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:47 pm

Hi Vinny ,

Many thanks for your reply. She started filing out the FLR (FP) online form but when it came to paying the IHS, the form is showing FLR (M). We made sure we chose the FP type so not sure how it became the M type. Is this because she chose the partner route? Also, she works as a GP, so is she able to claim exemption from paying health surcharge?
Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Regards

ola1980
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ola1980 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:10 pm

Hello, i have encountered the same issues you described whilst completing the FLR FP online form - When I tried to pay for the NHS surcharge the summary of my application had changed to FLR (M)
This doesn't seem quite right and I wondered if you ever manage to resolve this issue. Your response will be very much appreciated.

Syed01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Syed01 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:40 pm

Hi Ola ,

The same thing happened with us but we have submitted the form!
Thanks.

Syed01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Syed01 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:40 pm

Hi Ola ,

The same thing happened with us but we have submitted the form!
Thanks.