ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Passport application questions

Post by tier21419 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:36 pm

I will be applying for my first passport, hopefully soon, and have a couple of questions;

1) I believe the documents required are just naturalisation certificate, passport, and photo?

2) The passport that I used to enter the UK for the first time (I entered in 2008) is lost. I have the police report, what shall I do in this case? Shall I send the police report along with my current passport?

3) I believe the form asks for the passport number that I used to enter the UK? Shall I enter the number of the passport that is lost or the current passport?

4) Can I use "Director of LTD company" as my referee?

5) Anything that I have to keep in mind or forgot to add in the documents or any other important information?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport application questions

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:00 pm

tier21419 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:36 pm
I will be applying for my first passport, hopefully soon, and have a couple of questions;

1) I believe the documents required are just naturalisation certificate, passport, and photo? Yes

2) The passport that I used to enter the UK for the first time (I entered in 2008) is lost. I have the police report, what shall I do in this case? Shall I send the police report along with my current passport? Not an issue - just submit your current passport - happens a lot.

3) I believe the form asks for the passport number that I used to enter the UK? Shall I enter the number of the passport that is lost or the current passport? I don't think so, unless they have changed the form - the number would not be of any use - answer "n/a"

4) Can I use "Director of LTD company" as my referee? if VAT registered Yes.

5) Anything that I have to keep in mind or forgot to add in the documents or any other important information? Note the online form will ask for parent/grandparent details - this is not required in your case - however you may have to fill in some details to enable you ton continue.
Passport Application guidance (paper form): https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 11.19_.pdf
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:22 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:00 pm
tier21419 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:36 pm

1) I believe the documents required are just naturalisation certificate, passport, and photo? Yes

2) The passport that I used to enter the UK for the first time (I entered in 2008) is lost. I have the police report, what shall I do in this case? Shall I send the police report along with my current passport? Not an issue - just submit your current passport - happens a lot.

3) I believe the form asks for the passport number that I used to enter the UK? Shall I enter the number of the passport that is lost or the current passport? I don't think so, unless they have changed the form - the number would not be of any use - answer "n/a"

4) Can I use "Director of LTD company" as my referee? if VAT registered Yes.

5) Anything that I have to keep in mind or forgot to add in the documents or any other important information? Note the online form will ask for parent/grandparent details - this is not required in your case - however you may have to fill in some details to enable you ton continue.
Passport Application guidance (paper form): https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 11.19_.pdf
Many thanks for replying.
So I just don't mention at all about the passport that is lost i.e. don't send them the police report etc and add current passport number when it asks for?

@Referee: It is not VAT registered, I believe I can still use him?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:24 pm

As long you used your current passport to enter UK it is fine. It is not the very first passport. Your current passport and current passport number is enough.

You need someone to confirm identity. It is not a referee.
Follow the guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/confirm-identity-onl ... pplication
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:30 pm

I just realised you are using paper form. Why??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:49 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:30 pm
I just realised you are using paper form. Why??
No, I will use the online form. I heard the Paper form takes longer to be processed.