ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent support needed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joypet
Newly Registered
Nigeria

urgent support needed

Post by joypet » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:38 pm

I just got married to my fiancee in Nigeria and i am on a 5 years route extended family member of an eea which i have my pre settled status in the UK already. we got married last month and i need your support in the best way to bring her into the Uk to join me bearing in mind i am a family member of the household of my brother which is an EU citizen in the UK. I would like a better way which would be of help for her and would not jeopardise my ILR in 4 years to come. your advise would be highly appreciated. thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: urgent support needed

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:03 am

Under UK immigration system you need to have secured the following status to sponsor a none-EU partner:
Apply as a partner or spouse
To apply as a partner, you and your partner both need to be 18 or over.

Your partner must also either:

be a British citizen
have settled in the UK - for example, they have indefinite leave to remain, settled status or proof of permanent residence
have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

joypet
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by joypet » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:40 pm

Thank you very much. Do you mean my status of 5 years route with presettled status can make her apply for her for partner permit?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:03 pm

No. Under Appendix FM, a non-EU national requires settled status, not pre settled status.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

TerryGH
Chile

Post by TerryGH » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:08 pm

You can bring your wife in 4 years once you secure permanent residence in the UK.
Note that you'd need to meet strict financial requirements and the visa itself is quite expensive, so it's better to start preparing now.
More details are here: https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

joypet
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by joypet » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:56 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:03 pm
No. Under Appendix FM, a non-EU national requires settled status, not pre settled status.
Thank you. Is there anyway i can have my wife to join me with my status in the UK or any better option for me to use because it is a fresh marriage and i need her by my side. thanks.

UK245
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by UK245 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:45 am

No. You are do not have permanent residence and are in the UK as a dependent of a family member. You do not have the right to bring your spouse to the UK.
I suggest you move to Nigeria.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:03 am

When was your residence card issued for the first time..

You will be able to sponsor her when you are upgraded to settled status.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors