ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application pending

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Syk2018
United Kingdom

Naturalisation application pending

Post by Syk2018 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:14 pm

Hi,

I am naturalised British citizen since August 2019. I got my ILR after completing 5 years on Tier 2 general category. I have applied for the naturalisation application for my wife and my daughter after they completed exactly one year since their ILR through the Tier 2 General dependent visa.
We applied at the UKVCAS center in Croydon on 14th march 2020 along with all the supporting documents and the reference details for my wife and daughter. The biometric was taken on the same day and was told that i should get the response in 4 weeks time. It's been almost 10 months with no clue as how much more time it will take for them to process.

After 6 month from the date of application, I contacted the home office through email on FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk but got the standard reply saying that "my wife application is on process and The Home Office will endeavour to process applications as quickly as possible but in the current circumstances, applications will take longer than normal to process, including applications for British Citizenship."

Can anyone provide some guidance and help as in what I need to do to get the status on the naturalisation application for my wife and daughter. Also any specific reason for them to delay the application. I can understand coz of the Covid applications are delayed but i can see in forums many applicants already received their approval letter even they applied long after our applications date and some who had applied on near date to our applications.

Regards,
Syk

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation application pending

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:38 am

If you are a British Citizen since Aug 2019, your wife and daughter did not have to wait 1 year on their own ILR’s, They could have applied straight away also.

Did you provide all the documents as per Section 6(2) of BNA Act 1981 and meet the 3 years residence requirements including physical presence in UK?

I am assuming you may have relied on 5 years given your understanding in the above post.

Did you instead relied on Section 6(1) for some reason?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Syk2018
United Kingdom

Post by Syk2018 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:45 pm

Hi,

As per ILR rule they need to complete 5 years in UK to apply for ILR which is why they didnt applied along with me.

Yes all documents are provided and they meet the 5year for ILR +1 year to be eligible to apply for naturalisation.

Having said that they did not have any leave for last 1 year before they apply for naturalisation.

Section 6(1) or 6(2) doesn’t apply to them at all.

Thanks,
Syk

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:47 pm

A spouse of a British citizen can apply for citizenship as soon as they get ilr, there is no need to wait 12 months. It is a section 6(2) application based in 3 years residence.

Section 6(1) is based on 5 years residence.

Citizenship for all following ilr is based on either 6(1) it 6(2)!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Syk2018
United Kingdom

Post by Syk2018 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:23 pm

Hi,

But i wasn't a british citizen then when they applied for ILR.

Regards,
Syk

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:26 pm

As soon as you became British, they could have applied for citizenship. This is the point we are making. You said you because British in August 2019.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Syk2018
United Kingdom

Post by Syk2018 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:58 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:26 pm
As soon as you became British, they could have applied for citizenship. This is the point we are making. You said you because British in August 2019.
Hi,

Thanks for the guidance. Unfortunately I didn't have this info earlier, thought they can only apply once they complete 1 year in UK after ILR and will then be eligible for naturalisation. Now with the current pending application for more than 6 months. Is there a way to find out the status for pending naturalisation application.

Regards,
Syk

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:31 pm

Did your wife provide all the documents as per Section 6(2) of BNA Act 1981 and meet the 3 years residence requirements including physical presence in UK?

Your wife’s application will be assessed under Section 6(2) by default first. Did she meet the above stated? Also, did you submit the marriage certificate?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Syk2018
United Kingdom

Post by Syk2018 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:51 pm

Hi,

Yes she was in UK for past 5 years and I have given proof in the form bank statement, council tax bill and tax return. I have submitted all docs including the marriage certificate as well.

Regards,
Syk.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:37 am

Syk2018 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:51 pm
Hi,

Yes she was in UK for past 5 years and I have given proof in the form bank statement, council tax bill and tax return. I have submitted all docs including the marriage certificate as well.

Regards,
Syk.
None of this was required for proof of residence. Did you submit passport stamps for last 3 years?

Anyways, I hope she gets approval soon. It seems you did not present your case very well as Section 6(2) applications are processed very quick otherwise. But no worries, be patient, you shall succeed soon.

Syk2018
United Kingdom

Post by Syk2018 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:25 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:37 am
Syk2018 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:51 pm
Hi,

Regards,
Syk.
None of this was required for proof of residence. Did you submit passport stamps for last 3 years?

Anyways, I hope she gets approval soon. It seems you did not present your case very well as Section 6(2) applications are processed very quick otherwise. But no worries, be patient, you shall succeed soon.
Hi ,

Can you please tell me what are the documents required for address proof?

Regards,
Syd

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:37 pm

None.

Syk2018
United Kingdom

Post by Syk2018 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:58 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:37 pm
None.
Hi,

Sorry I meant proof of residence?

Regards,
Syd

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:59 pm

Passport stamps for last 3 years in your wife’s case. Assuming she is non-EEA.

Syk2018
United Kingdom

Post by Syk2018 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:35 am

Hi,

Got naturalisation approval letter finally after 10 months.
For those who are still waiting, do write email to: NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk with your case details.

Mine application got sorted only after emailing to them. They are really good and fast in getting naturalisation query sorted. Thanks immigration board and forums for guidance. I actually got the above email address from one of the forum on immigration board.

Regards,
Syk.