ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SURRINDER SINGH TO EU SETTLEMENT IN 3 WEEKS!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seekingadvice87

SURRINDER SINGH TO EU SETTLEMENT IN 3 WEEKS!!!

Post by seekingadvice87 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:51 pm

this case is surrinder singh application time line from uk residence card to eu settlement scheme application timeline

application submitted on 11 nov 2020 online because friend not know about the request paper form for surrinder singh.

further evidence request on email on 23 nov 2020

further evidence submit online on 1 dec 2020

pre settled status granted on 4 dec 2020

hope help people. ask me questions. thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: SURRINDER SINGH TO EU SETTLEMENT IN 93 WEEKS!!!

Post by Obie » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:56 pm

Surinder singh application cannot be submitted online, unless the person is a relevant person from Northern Ireland.

Lounes cases are also required to request an application form as far as i understand.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SURRINDER SINGH TO EU SETTLEMENT IN 93 WEEKS!!!

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:25 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:56 pm
Lounes cases are also required to request an application form as far as i understand.
I have seen a Lounes this year. It's a paper application. It needs to be requested from the EUSS support centre. They ask for the applicant details then they send the application with the name printed on top of every page.

Obie
Ireland

Re: SURRINDER SINGH TO EU SETTLEMENT IN 3 WEEKS!!!

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:40 pm

Due to the way the system works, it is virtually impossible for a Surinder Singh applicant to use the online form.

This post is not informative or helpful, it is questionable. It will not help Surinder Singh applicants.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:56 pm

Obie wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:40 pm
Due to the way the system works, it is virtually impossible for a Surinder Singh applicant to use the online form.

This post is not informative or helpful, it is questionable. It will not help Surinder Singh applicants.
I totally agree. Haven't heard about anyone doing a Surinder Singh online. The post is of low value or even misleading.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:14 pm

seekingadvice87 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:51 pm
this case is surrinder singh application time line from uk residence card to eu settlement scheme application timeline

application submitted on 11 nov 2020 online because friend not know about the request paper form for surrinder singh.

further evidence request on email on 23 nov 2020

further evidence submit online on 1 dec 2020

pre settled status granted on 4 dec 2020

hope help people. ask me questions. thanks
wow never heard of anything like this, Actually the applicant holdin a Non EEA passport?
how did he apply online?

Thanks
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

ST560S
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ST560S » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:29 pm

I have requested the Surinder Singh paper form from the EUSS phone centre. I hope my non-EEA spouse is able to get the settlement in a fast period of time.

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:29 pm

Obie wrote:

i sent post to help surinder singh especially. this is a friend who has uk residence card under eu law to expire in 2025. friend got this card in jan 2020 i share story.

friend is non eu passport and husband is british. move from ireland to uk and get uk residence card in just 5 months they apply in september 2019 and get card in jan 2020. they only now apply euss online 11 nov 2020. their lawyer told them to look out form in post but form did not arrive. they receive email from home office for further evidence and within 3 weeks got pre settled approval. they are surrinder singh partner is british and live together with non eu in ireland before moving back uk in 2019.

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:51 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:56 pm
Obie wrote:

I totally agree. Haven't heard about anyone doing a Surinder Singh online. The post is of low value or even misleading.
or may be home office made mistake because friend definitely under surinder singh route. british and non eu partner

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:27 pm

seekingadvice87 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:29 pm
Obie wrote:

i sent post to help surinder singh especially. this is a friend who has uk residence card under eu law to expire in 2025. friend got this card in jan 2020 i share story.

friend is non eu passport and husband is british. move from ireland to uk and get uk residence card in just 5 months they apply in september 2019 and get card in jan 2020. they only now apply euss online 11 nov 2020. their lawyer told them to look out form in post but form did not arrive. they receive email from home office for further evidence and within 3 weeks got pre settled approval. they are surrinder singh partner is british and live together with non eu in ireland before moving back uk in 2019.
Good to hear, if you do not mind, can you ask your friend did they get any acknowledgement once applied online? what sort of evidence the home office asked through email?

Thanks
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:31 pm

seekingadvice87 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:29 pm
Obie wrote:

As a person who has used the online form for hundreds of cases, i just cannot see how it can work.
The online form ask for the nationality of the EEA national, there is no option to put British Citizen, unless he put another nationality.

I think it is almost impossible that your friend is correct, unless he put false information on the box and this was not picked up.