ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just had B1 IELTS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

StokieSpouse
Newly Registered
Philippines

Just had B1 IELTS

Post by StokieSpouse » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:38 pm

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I was under the impression I could apply for flr(m) 28 days before my visa expires on the 21 January 2020 (which I now know is not the case, I could have applied for it in November)

Anyway, I had just had my IELTS B1 test and I am awaiting the results to be put up online in 6 days. They said they are sending me a personal copy by 11 January 2020 which is a bit too close to my visa expiry for comfort.

Question is, does my application need this IELTS results copy for me to send off? Gov.uk website says that UKVI can access all IELTS results. Can I submit the application as soon as the results get put up online or do I need to wait for the hard copy?

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Just had B1 IELTS

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:33 pm

StokieSpouse wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:38 pm
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I was under the impression I could apply for flr(m) 28 days before my visa expires on the 21 January 2020 (which I now know is not the case, I could have applied for it in November)

Anyway, I had just had my IELTS B1 test and I am awaiting the results to be put up online in 6 days. They said they are sending me a personal copy by 11 January 2020 which is a bit too close to my visa expiry for comfort.

Question is, does my application need this IELTS results copy for me to send off? Gov.uk website says that UKVI can access all IELTS results. Can I submit the application as soon as the results get put up online or do I need to wait for the hard copy?

Thank you
Your above mentioned dates are looking of completely being wrong. Anyways you can even apply without it and supply that at later. Ideally still upload the certificate once you will receive.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Just had B1 IELTS

Post by Korekt » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:07 am

StokieSpouse wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:38 pm
Can I submit the application as soon as the results get put up online or do I need to wait for the hard copy?

Thank you
The online application form will normally allow you to choose between submitting a certificate or entering the test reference.

So you don't have to wait for the cert if you don't want to.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."