ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit extension

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yvouille
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

EEA family permit extension

Post by Yvouille » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:54 pm

Hello,
Thanks for this informative forum.
My partner has an eea family permit valid until 23/01/2021. We are in France and we have postponed our trip to the UK due to covid 19. We expect to be able to travel to the UK in March 2021. We want to know:
- Can she extend her eea family permit?
- Otherwise, we would like to apply for an eea permit in Paris before December 31. Will the visa be valid for 6 months in 2021 after the day of application?

Thank you for your answers.

kamoe
European Union

Re: EEA family permit extension

Post by kamoe » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:35 pm

Yvouille wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:54 pm
Hello,
Thanks for this informative forum.
My partner has an eea family permit valid until 23/01/2021. We are in France and we have postponed our trip to the UK due to covid 19. We expect to be able to travel to the UK in March 2021. We want to know:
- Can she extend her eea family permit?
- Otherwise, we would like to apply for an eea permit in Paris before December 31. Will the visa be valid for 6 months in 2021 after the day of application?

Thank you for your answers.
What exactly are you trying to achieve? Can you please be precise abour your full timeline and objectives?
In your previous post in August this year you declared having recently arrived in the UK and wanting to move back to France.

Have you already exercised treaty rights this year? It would be too late to start a residency period for Surinder Singh in 2021.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Yvouille
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Post by Yvouille » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:59 pm

Hello Kamoe,
I'm sorry for the mistake. I do not speak English well, so I wanted to simplify my project by saying that I was already throwing in UK to have a precise answer to my problem and to avoid interpretation errors.
Currently we have changed the project. We were not able to come in October as we wanted due to covid19 and other facts. We want to come for a few months (less than 6 months) without settling in the UK any longer.
the problem is:
My partner is not from the EU. She has an eea family permit valid from July 23, 2020 to January 23, 2021. We are still in France and we can only travel to UK from March 2021.
- My question is to know if from France we can extend the eea permit?
- If we cannot do this, is it possible to request another eea permit before December 31? And will it also be valid in 2021?

Thanks for your help and again sorry for my English.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:11 pm

Yvouille wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:59 pm
Hello Kamoe,
I'm sorry for the mistake. I do not speak English well, so I wanted to simplify my project by saying that I was already throwing in UK to have a precise answer to my problem and to avoid interpretation errors.
Currently we have changed the project. We were not able to come in October as we wanted due to covid19 and other facts. We want to come for a few months (less than 6 months) without settling in the UK any longer.
the problem is:
My partner is not from the EU. She has an eea family permit valid from July 23, 2020 to January 23, 2021. We are still in France and we can only travel to UK from March 2021.
- If we cannot do this, is it possible to request another eea permit before December 31? And will it also be valid in 2021?

Thanks for your help and again sorry for my English.
Have or have you not actually lived in the UK at any point this year?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:22 pm

Yvouille wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:59 pm
We want to come for a few months (less than 6 months) without settling in the UK any longer.
If you do not genuinely move to the UK and make the centre of your life here, it is unlikely your partner will qualify for Surinder Singh.
Free movement between the EU and the UK ends on 31st of December 2020, which means coming to the UK in 2021 would be too late for you to later on return to France and claim a residence card for your partner through Surinder SIngh. The qualifying residence period for Surinder Singh needs to take place in another EU member state. From January 1st, the UK will no longer be a EU member state.

Hence why I ask what your objective is.

If your objective is to obtain a French residence card for your partner through Surinder SIngh, you need to genuinely move together to another EU state. This will only work in the UK if you move before December 31st 2020. Otherwise, if you cannot possibly move in 2020, you will need to consider other EU countries (one that is not exiting, that is).
A family Permit cannot be extended.
The deadline of December 31st is not only for application. Is also for arrival in the UK. Even if you applied and got another EEA Family Permit, it will be useless if you intend to use it in 2021, for the reasons explained above.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Yvouille
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Post by Yvouille » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:48 am

Thank you for your reply.
We do not do the surrinder singh route with the united kingdom. We are going to do it with Spain.

The goal for us was just to be able to visit the united kingdom easily several times in 2021 without the visa constraints for my partner.

Do you think if we arrive in December 2020 and we stay for 2 weeks do you think we can request the pre-settled status?

Yvouille
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Post by Yvouille » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:48 am

Thank you for your reply.
We do not do the surrinder singh route with the united kingdom. We are going to do it with Spain.

The goal for us was just to be able to visit the united kingdom easily several times in 2021 without the visa constraints for my partner.

Do you think if we arrive in December 2020 and we stay for 2 weeks do you think we can request the pre-settled status?