ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to bangladesh with ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fz420
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Travelling to bangladesh with ILR

Post by Fz420 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:03 pm

Hi..I need urgent help ...I came to the uk 2010 as a student visa then extended my student visa which is expired 30 nov 2016..on 30 nov 2016 I claimed asylum ..I complete my 10 years while my asylum case still pending ..then finally I got indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years long residence...now I withdraw my asylum application...my question is ...can I travel to my home country now? Are they going to ask me any questions in the Heathrow airport?thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling to bangladesh with ILR

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:32 pm

Fz420 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:03 pm
Hi..I need urgent help ...I came to the uk 2010 as a student visa then extended my student visa which is expired 30 nov 2016..on 30 nov 2016 I claimed asylum ..I complete my 10 years while my asylum case still pending ..then finally I got indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years long residence...now I withdraw my asylum application...my question is ...can I travel to my home country now? Are they going to ask me any questions in the Heathrow airport?thanks
Nothing can be said for sure because ILR is revocable where if falsehood gets detected of being the base of securing ILR.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:59 pm

Fz420 wrote:
Hi. I am quite surprised your Asylum claim period was counted towards the 10 years long residency. As far as I know once you claim the clock stops until you granted or rejected. Non the less congrats.

As Fz42o mentioned you still at risk with ILR, and you may be risking any future naturalisation applications.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:19 pm

Joe15 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:59 pm

Hi. I am quite surprised your Asylum claim period was counted towards the 10 years long residency. As far as I know once you claim the clock stops until you granted or rejected. Non the less congrats.
In op's case section 3C was triggered by which the legal residence remained unharmed and then the existing pending application for varied by set LR on 10th anniversary.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Fz420
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Fz420 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:03 pm

Joe15 wrote:
Fz420 wrote:

As Fz42o mentioned you still at risk with ILR, and you may be risking any future naturalisation applications.
Thank you for your suggestion...I have change my mind as I m not going to Bangladesh until I get my citizenship....and asylum claim period is counted towards the long residency since 2018..

Fz420
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Fz420 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:19 pm

Fz420 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:03 pm
Joe15 wrote:
Fz420 wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion...I have change my mind as I m not going to Bangladesh until I get my citizenship....and asylum claim period is counted towards the long residency since 2018..
How is my ILR gonna be affect if I withdraw my asylum application?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:14 pm

Fz420 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:19 pm
Fz420 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:03 pm
Joe15 wrote:
Fz420 wrote:

How is my ILR gonna be affect if I withdraw my asylum application?
Because your legal residence would be formed through section 3C based on your asylum application.