ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Want to apply for ILR through 10 years route. Process question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Divu

Want to apply for ILR through 10 years route. Process question

Post by Divu » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:30 pm

Hello friends!!
I have been in the UK for 10 years in different visas starting to study to spouse. After the lockdown lifts, I am planning to apply for the ILR. Any idea on how the passport situation works? I might need to visit home country for medical emergencies and I am worried about giving away the passport for 6 months! (worst case more)! Any idea of how these situations work out?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Want to apply for ILR through 10 years route. Process question

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:38 pm

Divu wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:30 pm
Hello friends!!
I have been in the UK for 10 years in different visas starting to study to spouse. After the lockdown lifts, I am planning to apply for the ILR. Any idea on how the passport situation works? I might need to visit home country for medical emergencies and I am worried about giving away the passport for 6 months! (worst case more)! Any idea of how these situations work out?
Your physical passport stays with you (it is not submitted) BUT you cannot travel if you have an ILR application in process. If you do, your application will be considered withdrawn (hence voided and rejected) without any refunds.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Divu

Post by Divu » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:03 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:38 pm
Divu wrote:
Hello friends!!
Your physical passport stays with you (it is not submitted) BUT you cannot travel if you have an ILR application in process. If you do, your application will be considered withdrawn (hence voided and rejected) without any refunds.

That makes it all tricky then!! Ghosh. Thank you though!

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:31 pm

Divu wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:03 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:38 pm
Divu wrote:
Hello friends!!

That makes it all tricky then!! Ghosh. Thank you though!
You're most welcome!
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.