ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 PBS Dependent - Extension related Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mosha
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 PBS Dependent - Extension related Query

Post by mosha » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:32 pm

Hi All,
(I am posting behalf of my friend and his family.)

I am holding ILR visa (i.e. on 5 year route of Tier 2 General) and my wife and my kid ( 5.5 Yrs Old, born outside of UK) holding Tier 2 PBS Dependent visa expiring in Jan 2021. They have 10 months short to be eligible to apply for ILR. They have completed 4 Yr 2 months as Tier 2 General PBS Dependent visa holders. We have plan to apply for ILR as soon as they eligible to apply. Dependent visa was applied under 'More than 3 years' visa category as per main applicant visa type. We have query about extending their visa to reach ILR Eligibility criteria.

What visa type need to be applied without braking continuous period of stay? for what duration IHS need to pay?

Kind Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 PBS Dependent - Extension related Query

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:06 pm

mosha wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:32 pm
Hi All,
(I am posting behalf of my friend and his family.)

I am holding ILR visa (i.e. on 5 year route of Tier 2 General) and my wife and my kid ( 5.5 Yrs Old, born outside of UK) holding Tier 2 PBS Dependent visa expiring in Jan 2021. They have 10 months short to be eligible to apply for ILR. They have completed 4 Yr 2 months as Tier 2 General PBS Dependent visa holders. We have plan to apply for ILR as soon as they eligible to apply. Dependent visa was applied under 'More than 3 years' visa category as per main applicant visa type. We have query about extending their visa to reach ILR Eligibility criteria.

What visa type need to be applied without braking continuous period of stay? for what duration IHS need to pay?

Kind Regards
Since you have secured your ILR through 5 years of tier 2 route so they can extend under similar route where they would be granted 3 years of extension. You would have to pay the IHS commensurating to same number of years.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.