ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:52 pm

Noticed from timeline that SET M is taking much longer than other categories, any idea why? Thanks

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:02 pm

I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:52 pm
Noticed from timeline that SET M is taking much longer than other categories, any idea why? Thanks
This topic was brought by different members earlier in the same thread. Nobody knows why.
Also Set M decisions have been random(not according to date order like Set LR or Set O)
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:37 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
    Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:42 am
    A2A wrote:
    Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:40 am
    I just received approval email (Set LR, applied on 26 Aug) from HO.Hope the rest Aug applicants can have good news soon. This forum gives me very useful information and mental support!!Thank you everyone.
    Congratulations! 🎉🎊
    Congrats A2A!!

@ajitu92, do you know what the stats are for Set LR July? Still waiting here....:(

pblankso
    Newly Registered
    Mood:
    Ghana

Post by pblankso » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:44 pm

I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2 wrote:
    Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:52 pm
    I have raised a formal complaint to the homeoffice and my local MP. Fingers cross we SET(M) applicants start receiving a decision in the coming weeks before the Christmas holidays. Also, makes no sense with the zero to low rate in SET(M) decisions.

CULLINAN
    Respected Guru
    Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:47 pm

I believe the number of SET(M) applications exceed any other category. Probably due to reduced capacity and large number of applications have seen a slow down. Just a speculation though.
    Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bex654
    Mood:
    United Kingdom

Post by bex654 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:48 pm

azLondon2020 wrote:
    Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:52 am
    Thanks @avkant & @raj_262920 for your replies.

I have checked on the UKVCAS website and it says my docs were submitted...

I was getting worried that I uploaded and didn't submit correctly. I get paranoid and worried when I see ILR Set (O) Nov applicants getting answers when mine is still pending. I do hope it is any day now that I hear back....
    If this makes you feel better - I applied in early Oct and still waiting.

ajitu92
    Member of Standing
    Mood:
    United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:30 pm

jamd12 wrote:
    Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:37 pm
      ajitu92 wrote:
      A2A wrote:
      I just received approval email (Set LR, applied on 26 Aug) from HO.Hope the rest Aug applicants can have good news soon. This forum gives me very useful information and mental support!!Thank you everyone.
      Congratulations! 🎉🎊
      Congrats A2A!!

@ajitu92, do you know what the stats are for Set LR July? Still waiting here....:(
      @jamd12 For July Set LR applications...4 outstanding and 2 of them are complex cases. Basically, it's only you and @Amy_R88 still waiting (at least from my dataset), unfortunately. Not sure what's going on with your applications but I suspect it might be to do with some outstanding enquiries :|
      All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

jamd12
      United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:56 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
      Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:30 pm
      jamd12 wrote:
        ajitu92 wrote:
        A2A wrote:
        Congratulations! 🎉🎊
        Congrats A2A!!

@jamd12 For July Set LR applications...4 outstanding and 2 of them are complex cases. Basically, it's only you and @Amy_R88 still waiting (at least from my dataset), unfortunately. Not sure what's going on with your applications but I suspect it might be to do with some outstanding enquiries :|
        Thank you @ajitu92. I dont know If its outstanding enquiries, as I applied through a solicitor. He said he chased them last week but dont really no what that means or what it would result in..
        Don't know if I will get it by X-mas now...and Thinking to write to my MP, as I was hoping to travel back home from Christmas as family isn't ok...

minho87
        Newly Registered
        Korea South

Post by minho87 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:58 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
        Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:03 am
        minho87 wrote:
        Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:53 pm
        Amy_R88 wrote:
        Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:28 pm
        minho87 wrote:
        Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:40 am

Hi Amy, Which email address did you use? I applied in June LR (M).
        Search for ukvi complaints on gov.uk and fill the online form.
        Thanks Amy will try that. How long did they take to reply?
        I got response after 1 month.
        Hi Amy, I wrote to my MP, and the MP said to me to provided copies of existing visa (BRP), Passport copy, Application copy etc. Is that what your MP asked for?

mesn
        Member of Standing
        Mood:
        England

Post by mesn » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:35 pm

gag285 wrote:
        Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:04 am
        navkant wrote:
        Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:44 am
        azLondon2020 wrote:
        Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:45 pm
        Hi All,

I have noticed that some people have said that once they enrolled their biometrics and documents with UKVACS they received an email/text confirming it. I never received anything like this. I was told in person by UKVACS that my biometrics and documents had been submitted to the HO.

I am now seeing Nov Tier 2 ILR Set (O) applicants get answers quicker than my timeline and I am getting really worried that something might be missing or wrong because I never got the confirmation text/email. Is there any way to check?

Thanks
        Dont worry. I think HO hasn't been very consistent but havent seen anyone facing an issue on the documentation side. If something is missing, you would get a call/eMail. There are Set O IDVs from September pending, then there are Set O physical bio October applications [Mine is 14OCt] as well. Dont know why November applications are being processed TBH. Best of luck anyways.
        Have you heard anything from HO @navkant , anything about delay etc.? I take you and I are the only ones (reported on this forum) left from October (with dependents on the application). I am past the worried stage now. I am thinking what happens if it is past 6 months. I have seen people questioning HO and getting a 'Dunno when we will process your application, when we do you will know" type answers well after 6 months.
        My 8 weeks will be complete this Wednesday and am planning to give a call to my Solicitor this Friday to take stock. As you mentioned, looks like Dependents are slowing down the approval process. Maybe they have some kind of common sub-queue for us. Although it's straight forward for me. 1 job switch, stay at home wife and 5Y old daughter on my application. Worst case, they will aks for more documents. I dont think there is anything to worry about.
        T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

gag285
        Member of Standing
        India

Post by gag285 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:50 pm

navkant wrote:
        Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:35 pm
        My 8 weeks will be complete this Wednesday and am planning to give a call to my Solicitor this Friday to take stock. As you mentioned, looks like Dependents are slowing down the approval process. Maybe they have some kind of common sub-queue for us. Although it's straight forward for me. 1 job switch, stay at home wife and 5Y old daughter on my application. Worst case, they will aks for more documents. I dont think there is anything to worry about.
        Yeah hopefully not. Although straight forward from other perspectives, my worry is that my solicitors remained adamant on using my previous degree (from the time of points based calculator days) for english language proof and the fact that I didn't include my children (UK born) on the application although they have had PBS dependent leave. I know it is within law that previously accepted degrees are valid proof, I don't know how aware all caseworkers are. Hope they don't become the sticking point.

user5
        Pakistan

Post by user5 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:32 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
        Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:35 pm
        August Set LR:

Total number of applications: 79
        Decision received: 66
        Outstanding applications (yet to receive decision): 13

Breakdown of outstanding August Set LR applications (by date of application):
        9th August = 1
        20th August = 1
        21st August =2
        22nd August = 1
        25th August = 1
        26th August = 1
        27th August = 1
        29th August = 2
        31st August = 3
        Thank you for the stats @ajitu92 very helpful as always. I am also an earlyish September applicant and was hoping to hear back by xmas. Am quite worried now with the slow down in processing speed. My current leave is expiring soon and I’m unsure of how it will effect my student visa, right to work etc so have posted the questions on my existing thread.
        Good luck and I hope we all start receiving positive decisions soon

mesn
        Member of Standing
        Mood:
        England

Post by mesn » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:59 pm

gag285 wrote:
        Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:50 pm
        navkant wrote:
        Yeah hopefully not. Although straight forward from other perspectives, my worry is that my solicitors remained adamant on using my previous degree (from the time of points based calculator days) for english language proof and the fact that I didn't include my children (UK born) on the application although they have had PBS dependent leave. I know it is within law that previously accepted degrees are valid proof, I don't know how aware all caseworkers are. Hope they don't become the sticking point.
        Dont think so. You are fine.
        T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

jvjroop
        Mood:
        United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:03 pm

gag285 wrote:
        navkant wrote:
        Hi @gag285
        why do you think providing previous degree will holdup or take time? i think any degree supported by NARIC AQUALS and ELP should be accepted !!?
        Cheers

azLondon2020
        United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:20 pm

bex654 wrote:
        Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:48 pm
        azLondon2020 wrote:
        Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:52 am
        Thanks @avkant & @raj_262920 for your replies.

I have checked on the UKVCAS website and it says my docs were submitted...

I was getting worried that I uploaded and didn't submit correctly. I get paranoid and worried when I see ILR Set (O) Nov applicants getting answers when mine is still pending. I do hope it is any day now that I hear back....
        If this makes you feel better - I applied in early Oct and still waiting.
        It really doesn't make me feel better, I would hope that there was some sort of chronological order being followed or at least a status update so we are all not just sitting here in the dark letting our anxiety get the best of us!

azLondon2020
        United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:23 pm

Has anyone had their decision letter from the HO go to spam? What is the subject of the email so I know to keep a lookout for it?

gag285
        Member of Standing
        India

Post by gag285 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:24 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
        Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:03 pm
        gag285 wrote:
        navkant wrote:
        Hi @gag285
        why do you think providing previous degree will holdup or take time? i think any degree supported by NARIC AQUALS and ELP should be accepted !!?
        Cheers
        That's the point. This whole NARIC AQUALS thing came after I had my previous leave approved in 2015 so I never went through that route. My solicitors went with just the degree copy and the copy of points based calculator (claim being that this degree was previously accepted as being equivalent to a UK degree and taught in english). This is within the law but not in a very straight forward way.

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:30 pm

UKVCAS Twitter update: Unfortunately we've had to temporarily close all our Manchester Service Points due to a COVID-19 issue. We have contacted all affected customers letting them know next steps.

UKVI have asked us to assure customers that their visa status will be unaffected if their appointment has been cancelled.

My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

jvjroop
        Mood:
        United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:38 pm

gag285 wrote:
        Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:24 pm
        raj_262920 wrote:
        Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:03 pm
        gag285 wrote:
        navkant wrote:
        Hi @gag285
        Cheers
        That's the point. This whole NARIC AQUALS thing came after I had my previous leave approved in 2015 so I never went through that route. My solicitors went with just the degree copy and the copy of points based calculator (claim being that this degree was previously accepted as being equivalent to a UK degree and taught in english). This is within the law but not in a very straight forward way.
        oh,ok got it, hopefully it is fine but when you select degree as proof in the application, they ask for NARIC documents in the checklist. when i did in 2015 for entry clearance, i did use my bachelors degree for english proof, but now i used masters degree with red route NARIC just to be sure. I beleive if they need NARIC they might ask you, should be fine as you are saying it is in the law.
        Thanks

jvjroop
        Mood:
        United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:40 pm

azLondon2020 wrote:
        Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:23 pm
        Has anyone had their decision letter from the HO go to spam? What is the subject of the email so I know to keep a lookout for it?
        it will be from Home office Atlas something with 'Application update' in the subject, i guess which is similar when we get for Tier 2 G descisions.

ajitu92
        Member of Standing
        Mood:
        United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:40 pm

jamd12 wrote:
        Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:56 pm
        ajitu92 wrote:
        Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:30 pm
        jamd12 wrote:
          ajitu92 wrote:

Congratulations! 🎉🎊
          Congrats A2A!!

Thank you @ajitu92. I dont know If its outstanding enquiries, as I applied through a solicitor. He said he chased them last week but dont really no what that means or what it would result in..
          Don't know if I will get it by X-mas now...and Thinking to write to my MP, as I was hoping to travel back home from Christmas as family isn't ok...
          Sorry to hear about your family mate. Hope they get better soon. Regarding the solicitor aspect, I would suggest to keep chasing them. I'm not sure how they even chase the home office, or just falsely claim to have done so to give their clients hope/justify charging the extortionate fees they do.
          You could go down the MP route, but you would need solid evidence to escalate. Also, they usually say the Home Office takes 20 working days to get back to them so might be a little too late for that unfortunately.
          All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

ajitu92
          Member of Standing
          Mood:
          United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:43 pm

user5 wrote:
          Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:32 pm
          ajitu92 wrote:
          August Set LR:

9th August = 1
          20th August = 1
          21st August =2
          22nd August = 1
          25th August = 1
          26th August = 1
          27th August = 1
          29th August = 2
          31st August = 3
          Thank you for the stats @ajitu92 very helpful as always. I am also an earlyish September applicant and was hoping to hear back by xmas. Am quite worried now with the slow down in processing speed. My current leave is expiring soon and I’m unsure of how it will effect my student visa, right to work etc so have posted the questions on my existing thread.
          You're most welcome! I was hoping the same and quite worried too, so just sitting here hoping for a xmas miracle! Thank you for posting the questions in your thread, that's the way to go! Thank you, and good luck too!

ajitu92
          Member of Standing
          Mood:
          United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:04 pm

I'm going to stir the pot a little here...

Has anyone seen this? https://members.parliament.uk/member/48 ... nd-1251010

So the Home Office on one hand (over the phone, emails and any other form of communication really...as well as the fact that priority and super-priority are still suspended for pretty much the same reason) claim that there is a huuuuuge backlog, yet when questioned officially this backlog disappears! 🤔🤨🤥

I need to learn some of these magic tricks from the Home Office as they have seem to have mastered them 😂🤪

Mixharvey
          Newly Registered
          South Africa

Post by Mixharvey » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:20 pm

Thank you for compiling this, its much appreciated. at least now we can see actual figures.
          I am waiting on a letter from my GP as suggested by my MP when I approached him to escalate our case based on health issues - let's see what he comes back with once he contacts HO on our behalf.

I started compiling the data on SET (M) from May to Dec 2020:

Application Biometrics F2f or app Decision Name
          13/05/2020 25/08/2020 both 20/10/2020 jay2ddee
          20/05/2020 11/09/2020 app 12/11/2020 Ami2020
          21/05/2020 12/10/2020 f2f 09/11/2020 usmann
          23/05/2020 10/08/2020 both 28/10/2020 1Kpaekpe5
          28/05/2020 21/08/2020 f2f 21/10/2020 stonelove
          11/06/2020 30/08/2020 app 24/10/2020 randompersonx
          16/06/2020 28/08/2020 app 19/11/2020 lunaray
          19/06/2020 02/08/2020 app 26/11/2020 Troggy
          22/06/2020 28/08/2020 both 27/11/2020 debrancherenzym
          22/06/2020 28/08/2020 both 05/11/2020 Victor7109
          23/06/2020 22/09/2020 app 30/11/2020 SA (FB)
          24/06/2020 02/09/2020 app 25/11/2020 ZA (FB)
          27/06/2020 29/08/2020 app 02/12/2020 TS (FB)
          28/06/2020 29/08/2020 app 16/11/2020 avsh
          29/06/2020 01/09/2020 app 26/11/2020 youngzen
          02/07/2020 29/08/2020 app 30/11/2020 Adeel_fatima
          02/07/2020 28/08/2020 both 01/12/2020 zzzindagi
          06/07/2020 05/09/2020 app awaiting KN (FB)
          07/07/2020 01/09/2020 app awaiting fabsco
          13/07/2020 31/08/2020 both 13/10/2020 cherryplum01
          13/07/2020 29/08/2020 app 16/10/2020 Salem32
          17/07/2020 03/09/2020 app awaiting TP (FB)
          22/07/2020 07/09/2020 app 13/10/2020 Sharj1
          22/07/2020 09/09/2020 app awaiting DJS (FB)
          25/07/2020 31/08/2020 app awaiting EC (FB)
          27/07/2020 17/09/2020 app awaiting DM (FB)
          30/07/2020 30/08/2020 both awaiting JC (FB)
          31/07/2020 05/09/2020 app 23/11/2020 manishaahuja
          03/08/2020 04/09/2020 both 28/10/2020 sugaz
          04/08/2020 07/09/2020 f2f 29/10/2020 kittycatkeeb
          06/08/2020 07/09/2020 app awaiting ASD (FB)
          10/08/2020 14/09/2020 app awaiting GS (FB)
          12/08/2020 05/09/2020 app awaiting AH (FB)
          15/08/2020 05/09/2020 app 09/11/2020 RainyDayRun
          25/08/2020 11/09/2020 app awaiting AA (FB)
          27/08/2020 06/09/2020 app awaiting MW (FB)
          28/08/2020 05/09/2020 both awaiting VDL (FB)
          28/08/2020 07/09/2020 app awaiting luv_pocky
          29/08/2020 12/09/2020 f2f awaiting AFJ (FB)
          04/09/2020 12/09/2020 app awaiting kiwihanz
          10/09/2020 07/10/2020 f2f 23/11/2020 HA (FB)
          12/09/2020 29/09/2020 app awaiting WA (FB)
          16/09/2020 23/09/2020 app awaiting VK (FB)
          16/09/2020 24/09/2020 app awaiting harryisababy
          27/09/2020 12/10/2020 f2f awaiting Mixharvey
          08/10/2020 17/10/2020 f2f awaiting Sharkey
          11/10/2020 23/10/2020 f2f awaiting radiogaga
          15/10/2020 23/10/2020 f2f awaiting dmx1
          18/10/2020 14/11/2020 f2f awaiting Abchardik
          19/10/2020 09/11/2020 f2f awaiting rstar60
          22/10/2020 03/11/2020 f2f awaiting sanahtalha
          22/10/2020 18/11/2020 f2f awaiting walnut_bearmountain
          30/10/2020 18/11/2020 f2f awaiting Fk27
          20/11/2020 02/12/2020 f2f awaiting AlexAlexAlex
          02/12/2020 29/12/2020 f2f awaiting babyface_liu

asmith
          United Kingdom

Post by asmith » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:50 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
          Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:43 pm
          user5 wrote:
          Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:32 pm
          ajitu92 wrote:
          August Set LR:

9th August = 1
          20th August = 1
          21st August =2
          22nd August = 1
          25th August = 1
          26th August = 1
          27th August = 1
          29th August = 2
          31st August = 3
          You're most welcome! I was hoping the same and quite worried too, so just sitting here hoping for a xmas miracle! Thank you for posting the questions in your thread, that's the way to go! Thank you, and good luck too!
          I applied on 27 August and still waiting, I applied via IDV and only single application though had some extra travelling with-in the permitted days so wondering whether that is what taking time?