ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRC EEA residence card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suziecoelho
Newly Registered
India

BRC EEA residence card

Post by suziecoelho » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:15 pm

Hi all,
I am a indian citizen holding a Brc eea card which got expired recently .I am holding settled status in the uk ... I have been told that i need to renew my expired BRC/EEA to BRC/settled status which i ll will be doing soon.
My only question is ...do i need to renew my BRC card to travel to india and back to UK. isn't settled status enough to prove my rights to enter in the UK ???

any advice will be much appreciated :D

kamoe
European Union

Re: BRC EEA residence card

Post by kamoe » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:10 am

suziecoelho wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:15 pm
isn't settled status enough to prove my rights to enter in the UK ???
One thing is to have the right, a very different thing is to prove you have the right.

Your Settled Status is electronic. It isn't clear how the process of verifying one's electronic Settled or Pre-settled status will work after January 1st. Will the immigration officer be able to check this electronically with your (expired or not) EEA BRC? Or will they absolutely ask for a physical EU Settled Status BRC? We don't know. We have collectively been trying to find a definitive answer to this, unsuccessfully.

A bulletproof approach is to apply to renew/convert EEA BRCs to EUSS BRCs, which for sure will be physical proof of your Status under the Settlement scheme.

It does not mean converting the card is necessary or that this is the best procedure for everybody, but it is the option that we collectively know to represent the easiest way to prove your status and a smooth re-entry into the UK.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

BlackDahlia
Germany

Re: BRC EEA residence card

Post by BlackDahlia » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:07 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:10 am
suziecoelho wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:15 pm
isn't settled status enough to prove my rights to enter in the UK ???
One thing is to have the right, a very different thing is to prove you have the right.

Your Settled Status is electronic. It isn't clear how the process of verifying one's electronic Settled or Pre-settled status will work after January 1st. Will the immigration officer be able to check this electronically with your (expired or not) EEA BRC? Or will they absolutely ask for a physical EU Settled Status BRC? We don't know. We have collectively been trying to find a definitive answer to this, unsuccessfully.

A bulletproof approach is to apply to renew/convert EEA BRCs to EUSS BRCs, which for sure will be physical proof of your Status under the Settlement scheme.

It does not mean converting the card is necessary or that this is the best procedure for everybody, but it is the option that we collectively know to represent the easiest way to prove your status and a smooth re-entry into the UK.
Thank you, your response is very helpful!