ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is my mum exempt from LIUK TEST?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sob7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Is my mum exempt from LIUK TEST?

Post by Sob7 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:46 pm

Hi to whom is going to answer,
My mum wants to apply for citizenship as she currently has ILR. However, she is unable to read or write (AT ALL). She is under 65 years old and she speaks English well enough, so the language test will be ok. But, she will 100% not be able to study let alone pass the LIUK test. She has never be diagnosed with dyslexia or learning difficulties as she grew up in Nigeria where they don’t care about these things. My question is, Is there any way she can be exempt from the LIUK test ?
Thanks In advance , SOB7

secret.simon

Re: Is my mum exempt from LIUK TEST?

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:01 am

Unlikely. How many years under 65 is she?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Sob7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sob7 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:09 am

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:01 am
Unlikely. How many years under 65 is she?
She is 53

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:15 am

A medical practitioner will have to sign off on an underlying health condition for her to claim exemption from the LITUK test.

The form does ask "How would this condition prevent them from studying for the knowledge of life in the UK test? The study materials are available in a number of formats, including audio."
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Sob7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sob7 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:05 am

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:15 am
A medical practitioner will have to sign off on an underlying health condition for her to claim exemption from the LITUK test.

The form does ask "How would this condition prevent them from studying for the knowledge of life in the UK test? The study materials are available in a number of formats, including audio."
Ok, thanks for your help