ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Long Residence: Application queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR- Long Residence: Application queries

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:54 pm

No issue.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:18 pm

Thank you! And thanks a relief!

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:48 pm

Hi, thanks to everyone for their help in responding to queries!

I have been following the ILR LR timelines and stats and was hoping to hear back by xmas but with the current ambiguity am getting really worried so have a few preemptive questions that I was hoping to get help with.

I submitted my ILR LR application on the 11th of September. I am currently on a Tier 4 visa which expires the first week of January (2021).

I’ve got 3 questions.

1. My university course officially finishes on the 28th of January. I understand that I could have applied for a Tier 4 extension but now have an ILR application pending. Is this a problem? If my current leave expires while I am still waiting to hear back on my ILR can I still continue on my course. I.e does section 3C (for ILR application) allow me to continue studying as a student on my course if I have not applied for a Tier 4 extension?

2. I am currently eligible to apply for the doctoral extension scheme. If my current Tier 4 leave expires and after that I find out there is a problem with my ILR application. Can I remain in the UK and submit an application for DES? Or will changing the application type mean my continuous residence is broken. (Hopefully shouldn’t be any issues but I guess it’s just paranoia settling in).

3. I have been offered work under a fixed-term contract for 5 months. The work equals to 20 hours (or less) per week. I understand that until I hear back on my ILR application I am bound by Tier 4 visa restrictions. Am I able to accept the offer and start work on a fixed-term contract while I am waiting for a decision on my ILR application? (I will ensure the work is 20 hours max per week).

Thank you, I’m really grateful for everyone’s help. And hoping all September applicants start receiving positive decisions soon :D

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:18 pm

Hi, so sorry for the nudge :oops:

Is anyone able to help with my questions please? Any insight or opinions are really appreciated.

Thanks!

vivienne husky
Newly Registered
China

Post by vivienne husky » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:15 pm

If you've submitted LR September I'd say just wait.

How long is your revision by the way? 3 month or 6 month? You're only eligible for a certain time window to apply DES which is I think after hand in the final revision and after the examiners' feedback/approval but before you actually get the degree. Considering the current timeline of LR you might still have time to apply DES after a LR decision has been made.

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:24 pm

vivienne husky wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:15 pm

How long is your revision by the way? 3 month or 6 month? You're only eligible for a certain time window to apply DES which is I think after hand in the final revision and after the examiners' feedback/approval but before you actually get the degree. Considering the current timeline of LR you might still have time to apply DES after a LR decision has been made.
Thanks @vivienne husky. My corrections are 3 months. Exactly, I’m also worried about the time limit for applying for DES since it is such a narrow window.

I’m paranoid about my current visa running out and not hearing back on my application. Don’t know if section 3C while waiting for an ILR outcome allows me to continue studying as a student? My corrections are due end of Jan and my current visa runs out early jan.
I also really want to be able to accept the fixed-term job from my uni (to start after corrections are submitted) but I’m not sure if I can since I’m on a Tier 4 visa?

vivienne husky
Newly Registered
China

Post by vivienne husky » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:41 pm

user5 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:24 pm
vivienne husky wrote:

Thanks @vivienne husky. My corrections are 3 months. Exactly, I’m also worried about the time limit for applying for DES since it is such a narrow window.

I’m paranoid about my current visa running out and not hearing back on my application. Don’t know if section 3C while waiting for an ILR outcome allows me to continue studying as a student? My corrections are due end of Jan and my current visa runs out early jan.
I also really want to be able to accept the fixed-term job from my uni (to start after corrections are submitted) but I’m not sure if I can since I’m on a Tier 4 visa?
You might want to contact your uni for that question. Different unis have different rules about that, and some unis are making changes about visa related issues because how slowly progressing things are currently. I know some unis now allow students to study with a pending HO decision as long as you provide them the proof that you've submitted an application to the HO (emails, reference number and such). But just double check with your uni to be safe.

Re work, no idea. I only started mine after DES so never had that issue.

Congratulations soon-to-be Dr. btw.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:47 pm

user5 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:24 pm
vivienne husky wrote:

Thanks vivienne husky. My corrections are 3 months. Exactly, I’m also worried about the time limit for applying for DES since it is such a narrow window.

Section 3C extends the visa you are on and all its conditions. So while on Section 3C, it is as if you still hold the same Tier 4 visa. All the same conditions apply. You cannot work unless the conditions of your TIer 4 allows this.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:18 pm

Thank you @Vivienne Husky! And thank you for taking the time out to help :D and (belated) congrats on your PhD!

Zimba, that’s great to know and simplifies things. Thanks!

My current visa allows me to work for 20 hours per week. I am currently working (within that time limit) but it’s as a casual worker. Any idea whether I can accept a ‘fixed-term’ contract (still working within the limit of 20 hours) while I have section 3C?
Sorry, question is quite odd. I will be within the working time limit allowed by my current Tier 4 visa, it is just the contract type which is different. Just don’t want to end up making a mistake on a technicality :shock:

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:03 pm

That is irrelevant. You are restricted by hours, not type of your contract
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:41 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:03 pm
That is irrelevant. You are restricted by hours, not type of your contract
Thanks Zimba! Just me being absolutely paranoid than.