ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR are we too late?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Brumgirl
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR Sponsor cover letter

Post by Brumgirl » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:42 pm

Hi all,

I included a cover letter in my FLRM but i'm not sure if i should include one for the ILR application? Can anyone advise please?

Also, for proof of address, is it ok to include tax credits letter a few times? As in, for different years? or do the proofs of address have to be from different sources over time?

Thanks!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Sponsor cover letter

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:32 pm

Brumgirl wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:42 pm
Hi all,

I included a cover letter in my FLRM but i'm not sure if i should include one for the ILR application? Can anyone advise please? If you feel there is a need for it e.g. additional details you want to provide, addressing matters that may not be clear simply by the answers in the application/need to give better perspective or clarity to some areas.

Also, for proof of address, is it ok to include tax credits letter a few times? As in, for different years? or do the proofs of address have to be from different sources over time? Proof of address to be spread out and from various sources. The tax credit letter can be used twice i think.

Thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:36 am

Brumgirl wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:42 pm
do the proofs of address have to be from different sources over time?
These are known as cohabitation evidences which should be 6 if joint named or 12 if in sole names or mix n match covering the last 2 years with even gaps of 3-4 months from at least 3 sources. For this purpose any letter/document can be utilised.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Brumgirl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Brumgirl » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:50 pm

Thank you both!

Brumgirl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Maternity pay - ILR

Post by Brumgirl » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:54 pm

Hi all,

So i was on maternity leave up until June this year. My June payslip shows some maternity pay. My salary went back to normal from my July payslip. For the ILR case i'll be providing payslips from June to November 2020. My question is, will this be an issue? Do i need to mention anything in the notes or additional documents?

I did read a link on the migrate page but i don't get it :?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Maternity pay - ILR

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:13 pm

Brumgirl wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:54 pm
My question is, will this be an issue?
No
Brumgirl wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:54 pm
Do i need to mention anything in the notes or additional documents?
Yes if you wish so
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Brumgirl
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR question about english requirement (B1)

Post by Brumgirl » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:26 pm

Hi guys, me again...

So in the ILR form there's this question "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?
(Required)
Applicants who applied for, and obtained, settlement on or after the 28th October 2013 using an English language qualification at level B1 or above can use this as evidence of their knowledge of English language. However if this qualification was not used and accepted for their settlement application, it cannot be used for this application.

My husband sat the B1 for his FLRM and that was accepted. We are using it again for this application. But it looks like this question is directly asking about indefinate leave... Do we put yes or no?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR question about english requirement (B1)

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:56 pm

Answer: No
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Brumgirl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Gross annual salary question

Post by Brumgirl » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:09 pm

I'm so sorry i have another question... I feel like this is insanely basic but im overthinking it to the point where im confusing myself.

When they ask for gross annual salary in the employment letter, is this calculated from april to april? Or is 12 months from when you are applying?

Im applying through cat a. Normal salaried 8 to 5 job. however i was on maternity from jan to june just gone... altough i think i still hit the 18.6k target even with that.

We've had a recent increment this year too.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Gross annual salary question

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:07 pm

Brumgirl wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:09 pm

When they ask for gross annual salary in the employment letter, is this calculated from april to april? Or is 12 months from when you are applying?

Contractual annual income or the annualised average income (If there is no fixed income) till the date of application.

Brumgirl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Gross annual salary question

Post by Brumgirl » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:49 pm

Thank you both for your replies to my questions.

Brumgirl
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR are we too late?

Post by Brumgirl » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:09 pm

Guys im having palpitations, please help.

We've been going by the date of expiry on my husbands BRP card to look to when apply for his ILR (we were going to apply 28 days before it expires, 19th december 2020) but now im reading that it should be 60 months from initial visa? If thats the case then we should have applied in august this year as he got his initial visa in August 2015.

Please help, im so worried now we are too late.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR are we too late?

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:45 pm

Brumgirl wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:09 pm
Guys im having palpitations, please help.

We've been going by the date of expiry on my husbands BRP card to look to when apply for his ILR (we were going to apply 28 days before it expires, 19th december 2020) but now im reading that it should be 60 months from initial visa? If thats the case then we should have applied in august this year as he got his initial visa in August 2015.

Please help, im so worried now we are too late.
It is either. You can apply for ilr no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date you entered the UK on a spouse visa or the date an in country spouse visa was issued OR the latest before the visa expiry date.

For a spouse visa it is NOT the initial visa issue date. That is for a completely different visa category. His qualifying period starts from date he entered the UK on a spouse visa (not a 6 months fiance visa)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Brumgirl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Brumgirl » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:49 pm

So we are still ok to apply today? The actual' valid until' date on his brp is 19th December 2020. If calculating 60 months, it was back in August.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:50 pm

Yes fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Brumgirl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Brumgirl » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:52 pm

Thank you so much. Feels like a weights been lifted :oops: