ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant first entry prior to April 2012 - When will be elgible for ILR after switching to FLR M

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rud
United Kingdom

PBS dependant first entry prior to April 2012 - When will be elgible for ILR after switching to FLR M

Post by Rud » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:24 pm

Dear Advisor,

I would like to check the ILR elgibility for my spouse, living in UK as PBS dependant.

As a main applicant , I'm having tier 2 ict visa from May 2010 to April 2021. I will be applying my ILR vi SET LR route by April 2021.

Spouse continous stay in UK (PBS Dependant visa May 2010 to Till date]
May 2010 to April 2014 - 2 years [No gaps in visa renewel, but leaves exeeding 180 days]

April 2014 to March 2015 - 1 year [Visa was not renewed for period of 1 year while staying in abroad]

April 2015 to April 2021 - 6 year [Visa was reneweed on time , continously living in uk with no leaves]

I knew my spouse had to apply for FLR (M) at the sametime when i apply for ILR via SET LR route,

The query i have is

1) whether any period stayed in UK as PBS dependant can be taken into account while calculating 5 year period in FLR (M) ?

2) Is there any difference in rules if the first PBS dependant visa was issued prior to April 2012 ?

3) when the spouse will be elgible to apply for ILR ?

vinny

Re: PBS dependant first entry prior to April 2012 - When will be elgible for ILR after switching to FLR M

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:39 pm

Wife's continuous leave under Long residence was broken, if she was absent continuously for over six months outside the UK.

1. No.
2. No, as you are applying for ILR under Long residence.
3. Probably around April 2025, under Long residence?

It's safer if she applies for FLR(M) after you are granted ILR and before her leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Rud
United Kingdom

Re: PBS dependant first entry prior to April 2012 - When will be elgible for ILR after switching to FLR M

Post by Rud » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:35 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to check about my child dependant’s eligibility for ilr , child born abroad and has the same travel history and visa renewals like the spouse dependant ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:22 pm

Child must apply for FLR m with your spouse and will only qualify for ilr when your spouse does.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rud
United Kingdom

Post by Rud » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:40 pm

Thank you for clarification
incase due to family circumstances my spouse have travel back to abroad for a period longer than 180 days , what will be state of visa for my child , Is child allowed to continue in flr M in Uk until eligible for ilr ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:14 pm

Child will qualify to apply for FLR m only if the mother does.

FLR m has NO absence limits.

Again, child will only qualify for ilr when the mother does.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rud
United Kingdom

Post by Rud » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:26 pm

Thank you for your advise.
Having said there will be No absence limit
Does it mean the spouse and child once obtain FLR M it doesn’t matter where they live Uk or abroad still they become eligible for ilr after 5 years ? Is this understanding correct ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:06 pm

Ilr requires UK residence. You cannot expect to get ilr for dependents who live outside the UK for the whole 5 years. FLR M is also 2 X 2.5 years visas and not one 5 year visa. Residence evidence is also required for the second FLR m extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Rud
United Kingdom

Post by Rud » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:53 pm

Hello ,

Is there any possibility to obtain ilr for a child when one parent might have to stay abroad for 2 to 3 years after flr m due to family circumstances and another parent has ilr and stays in Uk. The child has already spend 6 continues years in Uk as pbs dependant and one parent gets ilr via set lr.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:07 pm

Child will qualify for ilr when the other parents does.

Both child and other parent have to switch to FLR m 2.5 year visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:10 pm

After switching, see also absence guildance.

There may be a loophole, if child was normally living with a settled parent in the UK and not with the other parent who was outside the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.