ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Visa - Main Applicant BC

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krisv

Tier 2 Dependent Visa - Main Applicant BC

Post by krisv » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:28 am

Hello All,

Hope you are keeping well.

My wife needs to apply to extend her Tier 2 (PBS Dependent) visa as she needs another 6 months to be eligible for ILR. Her visa runs out in Jan 2021.

I obtained ILR in 2017 and obtained my British Citizenship earlier this year.

I have a few questions and would appreciate some clarification:

1. What category do I need to apply under as I cant find the PBS dependent or Tier 2 dependent application link online?

2. Can I apply to extend for just one year as the plan is to apply for her ILR as soon as she is eligible, in June 2021.

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa - Main Applicant BC

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:53 pm

1. Easily available to find the link! https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... 1577027492

2. No, it is a 3 year extension as stated in the immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krisv

Post by krisv » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:40 am

Thank you CR001

A couple more questions if you dont mind.

1. The application form is asking for main application start dates and end dates. I assume the start date would be when my wife's current visa expires and end date based on a visa duration of 10 years?

2. My job was on the shortage occupation list when I was on Tier 2. I've changed a couple of jobs since and my current job still is on the shortage list. Can I extend my wife's visa using the occupation code for the shortage list or does it have to be a standard non-shortage list application as I am not on Tier 2 anymore?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:23 pm

1. No, it means the visa start and expiry date for the current visa. What "10 years visa duration" are you referring to? We don't have sight of the online forms and questions.

2. It is based on your last cos with your tier 2 sponsor. Your current employment is irrelevant.

I am assuming you got ilr based on 5 years tier 2 and not 10 years long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krisv

Post by krisv » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:23 am

Morning,

Rephrasing my question, I believe it was on the IHS form where it asked for the visa start and end dates to calculate the surcharge. Am I correct in saying that the start date is when my wife's current visa expires and the end date corresponds to a 3 year long visa?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:57 pm

Start date put date of application online.

End date put a date 3 years from date of application to get the correct IHS fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)