ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by zeeshi1122 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:31 pm
zeeshi1122 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:29 pm
Hi everyone,

I submitted my ilr (set lr) last week and i booked an appointment for 4th Jan 2021 in Enfield.

Anyone please tell me from their experience what is the next step do we need to submit the documents or they will do at the appointment and what is the best approach?

Also anyone been to Enfield is there any parking available?

Regards
Self-submission is better (OPTIONAL) even before biometrics.
Thank you for your reply will do myself.

jbharatrhodes
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by jbharatrhodes » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:01 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:41 pm
gk777 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:06 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:16 pm
poper wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:09 pm

Thanks for the stats @ajitu92.
Given by the current pace, UKVI may take another 2-3 weeks atleast to clear out August applications. So, thats 2020 gone
Yup, looks/sounds like it. The despair is making a return, unless there's a Christmas miracle next week and they at least start dipping into post 29th August and early Sept applicants.
Some of the applicants might not have updated their approval status/timeline. So the above data might not reflect the actual status.
I think we should expect the august applicants to clear out by end of next week. Fingers crossed.
I thought about that too, but not much I can do about that. I'm working on the reported data and not assumptions, so only reporting what's there.
My ILR (set LR) application was approved today. I applied in September 1, so I am guessing the September applications will start rolling out now and good luck to all those who are waiting.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:05 pm

jbharatrhodes wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:01 pm
Congrats jbharatrhodes
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

jbharatrhodes
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by jbharatrhodes » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:15 pm

poper wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:05 pm
jbharatrhodes wrote:
Congrats jbharatrhodes
Thanks mate.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:19 pm

jbharatrhodes wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:41 pm
gk777 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:06 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:16 pm

Yup, looks/sounds like it. The despair is making a return, unless there's a Christmas miracle next week and they at least start dipping into post 29th August and early Sept applicants.
Some of the applicants might not have updated their approval status/timeline. So the above data might not reflect the actual status.
I think we should expect the august applicants to clear out by end of next week. Fingers crossed.
I thought about that too, but not much I can do about that. I'm working on the reported data and not assumptions, so only reporting what's there.
My ILR (set LR) application was approved today. I applied in September 1, so I am guessing the September applications will start rolling out now and good luck to all those who are waiting.
Congratulations mate! 29th to 31st August are still outstanding though, so those will come through first. But it's a good sign! Hopefully early Sept at least will be cleared before xmas!
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

infinitesmile

Post by infinitesmile » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:50 pm

22 Aug 2020 ILR LR application still pending

srsw

Post by srsw » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:34 pm

One more centre closed (9th Dec Flash message):

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

ffaedi
Newly Registered
China

Post by ffaedi » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:00 pm

26 Aug SET(LR) applicant, still waiting

ktyagi
India

Post by ktyagi » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:26 pm

Hello everyone,
So finally after weeks of preparation, and waiting a month for biometrics completed my ILR Set(O) Tier 2 five years route application by submitting biometrics at Reading UKVCAS centre yesterday. It went pretty smoothly, we were done in 15 minutes.

Now I guess its just a waiting game. Any idea how long its taking for decisions to come on an average these days? Is there anyway to track the status?

Thank you everyone for help in this forum, it has been immensely useful.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:40 pm

ktyagi wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:26 pm
Hello everyone,
So finally after weeks of preparation, and waiting a month for biometrics completed my ILR Set(O) Tier 2 five years route application by submitting biometrics at Reading UKVCAS centre yesterday. It went pretty smoothly, we were done in 15 minutes.

Now I guess its just a waiting game. Any idea how long its taking for decisions to come on an average these days? Is there anyway to track the status?

Thank you everyone for help in this forum, it has been immensely useful.
Follow for an idea:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... 31555.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

basht
Newly Registered

Post by basht » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:41 am

Hi, I'm struggling to book a free or an affordable appointment for my and my family's ILR application, and I wonder if anyone knows any additional info about the service points? I have read the list of them https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... gHours.pdf and I know how to choose each of them in the points finder, but I still have no luck.

In particular:
- I have never seen a free slot, even seconds after midnight. Do all core sites offer them every weekday?
- Is the price shown per person or for the whole application? I can see figures like 195, 330, 405, 597 poinds, they all are multiples of 3 ...
- Are there points that don't offer ILR appointments at all but are still on the list? E.g. I've never seen an appointment available in a library, does it mean they don't do ILRs?
- What happens after I click on a slot? Is it booked straight away or can the transaction still fail?
- What's the lowest fee for a paid appointment per person, and which types of sites can offer it?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:45 am

basht wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:41 am
Hi, I'm struggling to book a free or an affordable appointment for my and my family's ILR application, and I wonder if anyone knows any additional info about the service points? I have read the list of them https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... gHours.pdf and I know how to choose each of them in the points finder, but I still have no luck.

In particular:
- I have never seen a free slot, even seconds after midnight. Do all core sites offer them every weekday?
Not necessarily but try different locations on week day (the last day - 28 days apart has to be a week day. Weekends are always paid. Only Core centres offer free appointments option if any
- Is the price shown per person or for the whole application? I can see figures like 195, 330, 405, 597 poinds, they all are multiples of 3 ...
Price is for all in the group
- Are there points that don't offer ILR appointments at all but are still on the list? E.g. I've never seen an appointment available in a library, does it mean they don't do ILRs?
That simply means there is no availability there but you can go to any UKVCAS centre for biometrics for all applications
- What happens after I click on a slot? Is it booked straight away or can the transaction still fail?
You should be able to book after you complete the next steps
- What's the lowest fee for a paid appointment per person, and which types of sites can offer it?
These days i guess its £65/person lowest
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

brewslee
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by brewslee » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:27 am

I'm sure this has been answered before but can someone confirm if I have to pay for an appointment if I already paid for it in my EEA (EFM) residence card application? I paid extra for the biometrics but all the appointments with UKVCAS are chargeable from £65 - £110. Could someone clarify this for me, please. Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:30 am

brewslee wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:27 am
I'm sure this has been answered before but can someone confirm if I have to pay for an appointment if I already paid for it in my EEA (EFM) residence card application? I paid extra for the biometrics but all the appointments with UKVCAS are chargeable from £65 - £110. Could someone clarify this for me, please. Thanks.
There is free and chargeable appointments. If you are not lucky to find a free, unfortunately you will have to pay for the slot.

ktyagi
India

Post by ktyagi » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:22 am

I had spent a week trying to find free appointments but could not. At the end only ones which seemed to be available/ disappear less quickly were the paid ones.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:13 am

ktyagi wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:22 am
I had spent a week trying to find free appointments but could not. At the end only ones which seemed to be available/ disappear less quickly were the paid ones.
Yes, getting a free appointment is like winning a lottery. I too attempted booking free slots a couple of weeks back and nothing were available in the core centres despite repeatedly checking 12-1AM though I checked 28 days apart.
UKVCAS may not be offering any more free slots temporarily. Like any business, they are here to make money
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

bex654
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bex654 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:36 am

To those who have got their ILR approval:

What is your visa/ILR 'valid from' date showing? The date you submitted your application, the date of biometrics or the date that you received a decision email? Or any other date in between?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:35 am

bex654 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:36 am
To those who have got their ILR approval:

What is your visa/ILR 'valid from' date showing? The date you submitted your application, the date of biometrics or the date that you received a decision email? Or any other date in between?
It is well know and reported that the valid from date is the date of approval/issue and NOT the date of application or biomterics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:46 am

And just when you stop thinking about it - ILR approved (approval email to solicitor came in the evening yesterday) and reported to us today. I will update the timelines shortly. Good luck to all those who are waiting!!

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:48 am

gag285 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:46 am
And just when you stop thinking about it - ILR approved (approval email to solicitor came in the evening yesterday) and reported to us today. I will update the timelines shortly. Good luck to all those who are waiting!!
Congrats @gag285
Glad your case is resolved in 2020

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:51 am

poper wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:48 am
gag285 wrote:
Congrats @gag285
Glad your case is resolved in 2020
Thanks @poper. I am sure yours is not too far away.

lukeh8793
United States of America

Post by lukeh8793 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:04 am

Any August/September SET (O) IDV App only applicants out there still waiting?
I think we have become the unluckiest bunch...
I haven’t seen a single IDV only approval in the last 10 days on this forum...
:(

bex654
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bex654 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:06 am

gag285 wrote:
Congrats. So did your right to work status on the website change as well as others indicated?

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:13 am

bex654 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:06 am
gag285 wrote:
Congrats. So did your right to work status on the website change as well as others indicated?
My BRP expire in October. Right to work check doesn't work for expired BRPs.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:32 am

gag285 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:13 am
bex654 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:06 am
gag285 wrote:
My BRP expired in October. Right to work check doesn't work for expired BRPs.