ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Long residence application (lost passport)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tkchaturvedi
Newly Registered
India

ILR Long residence application (lost passport)

Post by tkchaturvedi » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:01 pm

Hi
I will be applying soon for long residence (came on a Tier2 ICT Jan 2011) in Dec2020 (28 days before). However I lost my passport back in 2019 which showed all entry and exit dates - got a fresh one issued. I was also able to locate entry and exit dates through my travel history. I tried the SAR request but to my surprise it has no travel history in the document. Am now not clear what else I can attach to my application (all previous passports are listed but I dont have them), should I also write some cover note and what else I can add?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Long residence application (lost passport)

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:27 pm

Do you have a copy of the full passport?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:52 am

Adding to @CULLINAN's post above. If you have a full copy of the lost passport, then that's all you need. If not, I'm sure it asks you when you're filling out the Set LR form, whether your old passport(s) is in your possession. If you select "No", you will then see a list of documents you need to provide instead.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

tkchaturvedi
Newly Registered
India

Post by tkchaturvedi » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:18 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:27 pm
Do you have a copy of the full passport?
No I do not.

tkchaturvedi
Newly Registered
India

Post by tkchaturvedi » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:21 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:52 am
Adding to @CULLINAN's post above. If you have a full copy of the lost passport, then that's all you need. If not, I'm sure it asks you when you're filling out the Set LR form, whether your old passport(s) is in your possession. If you select "No", you will then see a list of documents you need to provide instead.
It does not ask me if I hold any previous passports just about the current one, besides they ask about any other government issued ID. I will fill this part as Yes and lets see if this offers an alternative. Any other suggestions please let me know - the list of documents is still showing previous passports.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:24 pm

How do you plan to prove you have been in UK legally for last 10 years?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:38 pm

tkchaturvedi wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:21 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:52 am
It does not ask me if I hold any previous passports just about the current one, besides they ask about any other government issued ID. I will fill this part as Yes and lets see if this offers an alternative. Any other suggestions please let me know - the list of documents is still showing previous passports.
If you have not submitted your application, I strongly suggest going through all the questions again carefully (and trying different combinations of answers). I distinctly remember that the form instructed you on what documents to provide if you can't provide your old passport...and I hope my memory is not failing me here. The government ID question is irrelevant.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.