ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mkee
Newly Registered
India

Standard visitor visa

Post by Mkee » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:56 pm

Hello,
I am dentist applying for tourist visa in order to give registration exams.
I have previously been granted visa twice.
However, I have few queries.
Firstly I am employed as a dentist in a private clinic
My salary is paid to me in cash due to pandemic which I deposit in bank by myself on the very same day Which is reflected in my bank statement .
My employer has given me employment cum salary certificate along with leave letter granting me leave. I am also submitting income tax returns

Can you please tell me if I need any other document for stating my salary as it is paid in cash?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Standard visitor visa

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:27 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mkee
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mkee » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:02 am

I do understand the required documents but many on the forum say salary paid in cash is considered not to be genuine and reason for denial. I wanted to know what documents to provide to justify my salary paid in cash as many doctors in India are paid by cash

Mkee
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mkee » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:50 am

How many months bank statement should be provided. Would 3 months do ?

Mkee
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mkee » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:08 am

Mkee wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:05 am
Mkee wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:50 am
How wmany months bank statement should be provided. Would 3 months do ?
Please someone suggest

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:24 am

Mkee wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:02 am
I wanted to know what documents to provide to justify my salary paid in cash as many doctors in India are paid by cash
Payment of salary is also being made in cash here in UK too but these need to be fully reflected in to the corresponding payslips. Other than the payslip showing tax & other deductions there is no other evidence.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mkee
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mkee » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:28 am

Thank you very much but can I submit income tax returns separately, as my employer doesn’t issue pay slips

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:37 am

Mkee wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:56 pm

I have previously been granted visa twice.
You must already knew the answers of your queries.

Mkee
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mkee » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:25 pm

Yes but my circumstances have changed and I am cautious because I cannot refund my exam if everything goes south and it’s a lot of bucks. Thanks for the help though, hope I didn’t pester

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:53 pm

In the recent era, we have seen less people (not more) using cash in response to Covid.

If you are working cash in hand without any paper trail, I don't recommend you apply for a visa at this stage as you will be seen as jobless/without revenue. With the Home Office, anything you cannot demonstrate, doesn't exist. So if you can't demonstrate with papers that you work, they will consider that you don't. This indeed increases the risk of refusal.

Now, if:
- Tax documents/return
- You put all the cash in the bank and get a statement
- When the cash is handed to you, they give you a document stating how much they paid you (payslip)

That should be fine. The cash on its own is not an issue if everything else is done correctly.

Mkee
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mkee » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:17 pm

Okay that’s quite elaborate and nice.
I have filed my taxes regularly which I am going to submit and my salary debited to my account on the very day I receive which is reflected in statements and my employer is giving me an employement certificate as cverification of employment and salary verification . Is this fine ? And also please can you tell me how many months bank statement is required? Will 3 months suffice ?

Mkee
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mkee » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:09 am

Please can someone tell me how many minimum months bank statements should be submitted while applying visitor visa

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:49 am

Mkee wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:09 am
Please can someone tell me how many minimum months bank statements should be submitted while applying visitor visa
Maybe 6 months as per a none-recent successful experience:

general-uk-immigration-forum/parents-vi ... 50672.html

Mkee
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mkee » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:17 am

Thank you very much
Very helpful post