ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Re: ILR date

Post by Msingh2020 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:07 am

srsw wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:02 am
Msingh2020 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:19 am
Hi Srw,

Many thanks for your reply.

Can you please confirm if below format for absence letter is correct, the only thing I am not sure is to whom the letter needs to address too, I will appreciate name and address

Re: Confirmation of paid absence details: 

This is to confirm that (Name) has been employed by (Company Name) since 22nd of November 2015 and holds a permanent position of (Position). 

The following are the dates detailing his absence from UK since his employment with (Company Name).  

1) 05/11/16 - 22/11/16 ( 18 days including bank holidays and weekends) (12 days including bank holidays and weekends) annual holidays

2) 13/12/17 - 31/12/17 ( 19 days including bank holidays and weekends) (11days including bank holidays and weekends) annual holidays

3) 25/05/18 - 30/05/18 ( 6 days including bank holidays and weekends) (4 days including bank holidays and weekends) annual holidays

4) 15/12/18 - 4/1/19 (21 days including bank holidays and weekends) (11 days including bank holidays and weekends) annual holidays

5)  22/07/19 - 31/07/19 ( 10 days including bank holidays and weekends) (9 days including bank holidays and weekends) annual holidays

6)  01/09/20 - 03/09/20 ( 3 days including bank holidays and weekends) (3 days including bank holidays and weekends) Business trip

I can confirm that while abroad on business trip as well as on his annual paid holidays he was still on the UK payroll, paying NI, paying tax and was in receipt of full-time salary.  

Should you require any additional information or further clarification, please feel free to get in touch with me.  

Your Sincerely,  
It can be addressed to "Home Office" or "To Whom It May Concern".

1) 05/11/16 - 22/11/16 ( 18 days including bank holidays and weekends) (12 days including bank holidays and weekends) annual holidays

In the above example, second row is not required, but if you still want to mention then shouldn't it be "excluding bank holidays and weekends"?
Yes the second sentence should have said excluding, but I will remove the second line.

Do I also have to provide annual holidays taken inside UK?

Once again many thanks for your help

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:40 am

No
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:45 pm

srsw wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:40 am
No
Once again many thanks. Just one question I came to uk on 22/11/15 and started working on 1/12/15. So does my employer has to mention that xxxx has been working with the company since 22/11/15 (date of entry clearance ) or does he needs to mention first day at work (1/12/15) or does it not mention.

Secondly I passed my life in UK test but i have not been given any letter, just an online reference number. Is that more than enough or will I be getting letter by post

Once again thanks for your help

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Msingh2020 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:45 pm
srsw wrote:
No
Once again many thanks. Just one question I came to uk on 22/11/15 and started working on 1/12/15. So does my employer has to mention that xxxx has been working with the company since 22/11/15 (date of entry clearance ) or does he needs to mention first day at work (1/12/15) or does it not mention.

Secondly I passed my life in UK test but i have not been given any letter, just an online reference number. Is that more than enough or will I be getting letter by post

I think you don't need to mention the entry date to first day at work absence, but just wait for others opinion on this one. But if your question is about the other letter from employer then your start date needs to be mentioned, i.e. you are working for them since 1/12/15.

Yes, just online reference number for LITUK test.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:49 pm

srsw wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:07 pm
Msingh2020 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:45 pm
srsw wrote:
No

I think you don't need to mention the entry date to first day at work absence, but just wait for others opinion on this one. But if your question is about the other letter from employer then your start date needs to be mentioned, i.e. you are working for them since 1/12/15.

Yes, just online reference number for LITUK test.

Once again many thanks. I was also thinking the same that the date on the absence letter should be the day I started working for the company

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Application submission

Post by Msingh2020 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:05 pm

I am in the middle of submitting ILR application under tier 2 five years route, SET(O).

My question is that can I book the appointment once I have submitted online application or do I have to wait for an email confirmation.

Secondly is it better to give biometric via app or booking appointment through ukvcas. Which one is faster and finally how long will it take to get a decision as I am planning to go back home for Christmas holidays.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Application submission

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:27 pm

Msingh2020 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:05 pm
I am in the middle of submitting ILR application under tier 2 five years route, SET(O).

My question is that can I book the appointment once I have submitted online application or do I have to wait for an email confirmation.

Secondly is it better to give biometric via app or booking appointment through ukvcas. Which one is faster and finally how long will it take to get a decision as I am planning to go back home for Christmas holidays.
Also follow for biometrics related questions:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/suspension-o ... 99639.html

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Re: Application submission

Post by Msingh2020 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:49 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:27 pm
Msingh2020 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:05 pm

Also follow for biometrics related questions:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/suspension-o ... 99639.html

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Many thanks for the links, they are helpful. My only question is that if I get an email to give biometric by app can I still book in person and secondly what if I don't get an email for couple of days can I still go on ukvcas and book biometric appointment

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:54 pm

No email is sent. IDV is the past. You must book an appointment right away now.

Also, please keep your future biometrics related questions in the above thread provided.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:52 am

Sorry for not posting the message under my old thread.

I have submitted my online application yesterday for ILR (set 0) under tier 2 general 5 years route. I have also been lucky to book an appointment with UKVCAS on 19th of november.

Can some one please tell me that once you have submitted the application how long does it takes to get a decision. As I am planning to go back home on Christmas holidays
Follow the timeline thread

Secondly I am uploading all the documents today including both my employer letter and absence letter (only outside uk) which only shows company generic number just in case if HO needs to contact. My question is that does the letter also needs to show contact email address.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:55 am

Contact phone is fine. As long there is at least one method to contact should be okay.

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:47 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:55 am
Contact phone is fine. As long there is at least one method to contact should be okay.

Many thanks for reply, do you also know if the UKVI are processing set o tier 2 general ILR application faster or do I still have to wait for 6 months

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:49 am

Msingh2020 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:47 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:55 am

Many thanks for reply, do you also know if the UKVI are processing set o tier 2 general ILR application faster or do I still have to wait for 6 months
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... 31555.html

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Re: ILR for wife and citizenship for my son

Post by Msingh2020 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:15 pm

First of all I would like to thanks once again to everyone for the help in securing my ILR under tier 2.

My son was born in the UK in 2017 and I guess he is now eligible for citizenship. Can someone please tell me which form I need to fill and what are the documents required.

Secondly next year in February my wife completes her 5 years under tier 2 pbs dependent. I do have all the documents but what I don't have for her is lots of cohabitation documents. All I have got is tenancy, council tax and water bill for last two years. She has been my dependent for last 5 years and hence never needed to open an account. I am going to get her name added to my current account on Monday will this give enough time till July to show an extra proof for my wife. I am scared what if I cannot show 4 or 6 different documents and she doesn't get ILR.

I will be really grateful if someone can help me please

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:20 pm

Msingh2020 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:15 pm
First of all I would like to thanks once again to everyone for the help in securing my ILR under tier 2.

My son was born in the UK in 2017 and I guess he is now eligible for citizenship. Can someone please tell me which form I need to fill and what are the documents required.
MN1 form. Please start a new topic in the British Citizenship forum for further questions regarding this

Secondly next year in February my wife completes her 5 years under tier 2 pbs dependent. I do have all the documents but what I don't have for her is lots of cohabitation documents. All I have got is tenancy, council tax and water bill for last two years. She has been my dependent for last 5 years and hence never needed to open an account. I am going to get her name added to my current account on Monday will this give enough time till July to show an extra proof for my wife. I am scared what if I cannot show 4 or 6 different documents and she doesn't get ILR.

You have strong sources already. Just submit any other documents that are in solo names but same address also. You need last 2 years only. You will be okay

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:19 am

Msingh2020 wrote:
I do have all the documents but what I don't have for her is lots of cohabitation documents. All I have got is tenancy, council tax and water bill for last two years.
Most often above evidences get generated yearly which probably will intervene the spacing by even gaps of 3-4 months. But natheless, few correspondence such as from NHS/DVLA/HMRC/local council almost everyone receive regardless of the circumstances under which ones living. Therefore, find and add these to complement the other evidences.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:41 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:20 pm
Msingh2020 wrote:

MN1 form. Please start a new topic in the British Citizenship forum for further questions regarding this

Many thanks and yes I will open a new post under citizenship.

You have strong sources already. Just submit any other documents that are in solo names but same address also. You need last 2 years only. You will be okay

Many thanks for your reply. When I read articles it says you need multiple sources every 3 months, but as you know council tax and tenancy agreements are yearly. We do have photos of old driving licenses showing previous addresses

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:44 pm

Just top up with water bills and bank statements to cover the gaps? You can use ANY document. Provide the best what you can. I have seen many cases who were approved with less documents also. This is a generic requirement- no hard and fast rule.

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:52 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:19 am
Msingh2020 wrote:
I do have all the documents but what I don't have for her is lots of cohabitation documents. All I have got is tenancy, council tax and water bill for last two years.
Most often above evidences get generated yearly which probably will intervene the spacing by even gaps of 3-4 months. But natheless, few correspondence such as from NHS/DVLA/HMRC/local council almost everyone receive regardless of the circumstances under which ones living. Therefore, find and add these to complement the other evidences.
Okay so I can only found following documents under my wife's name:
Photo of old dvla car registration address
Old copy of driving license with old address
New license with current address
tenancy agreement Jan 2019-June 2019
Tenancy agreement June 2019- decemner 2019
Tenancy agreement December 20192019-December 2020
New TV license new address
Council tax joined 2019 and 2020
Water bill 2019 and 2020
For gas and electric I have added her name since August 2020 , new bill came in December 2020
Vehicle tax reminder old address under wife name
Only managed to find one NHS letter for my wife under old address
I have now also added her to my current account from today
I have also added her name to broadband

Basically my wife and daughter both came to uk under tier 2 dependent and wife has never done any job as she has always been house wife and taking care of kids, which is why she never thought of opening a bank account or anything else. I just don't want to be in the situation that they give my daughter ILR and wife is not given ILR

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:54 pm

You have enough documents. Do not worry.

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:38 am

Many thanks for the confirmation, may I also ask as now I have got ILR if my company increase my salary will this cause and issue in getting my wife's ILR

Secondly my company is also thinking to cancel sponsorship. My question is that does my company needs to have tier2 sponsor license until my wife's get ILR or can they cancel the sponsorship if they want.

Do they also need to report via SMS that I have got ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:06 am

Msingh2020 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:38 am
Many thanks for the confirmation, may I also ask as now I have got ILR if my company increase my salary will this cause and issue in getting my wife's ILR

Secondly my company is also thinking to cancel sponsorship. My question is that does my company needs to have tier2 sponsor license until my wife's get ILR or can they cancel the sponsorship if they want.

1. No

2. No. Your job is irrelevant to your spouse ilr. She is dependent on you not your tier 2 sponsor

3. Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:18 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:06 am
Msingh2020 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:38 am

1. No

2. No. Your job is irrelevant to your spouse ilr. She is dependent on you not your tier 2 sponsor

3. Yes.

Many thanks for the clarification. I have let hr know about my ILR and she is going to update on the SMS. The reason why I was asking about an increase was that just before ILR my sponsor gave me a rise of 6k but as I was going for ILR he didn't put it through. As I have now got ILR he is going to back date my salary adjustment. So as long as it will not cause any issue it should be okay.

So once they update ILR status on sms they can cancell sponsor license if they want.

Once again thanks for your advise

Msingh2020
Mood:
India

Post by Msingh2020 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:42 pm

Sorry will back date pay rise be an issue now I have got ILR.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:08 pm

Msingh2020 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:42 pm
Sorry will back date pay rise be an issue now I have got ILR.
No