ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gap in 10 years long residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

munisekhartelagam
United Kingdom

Re: long residence bio-metric documents upload

Post by munisekhartelagam » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:25 am

Thanks Admin,

I have a query please , Kindly provide your valuable thoughts and guidance

1. I have cancelled my setLR visa on 3rd week of august due to errors. I got ROD number after cancelling in gov.uk/cancel-usa (in country)
2. 27/08/20 - i made a fresh application and made the payment
3. 27/08/20 - i got email to the cancelled application saying you are eligibile to use IDV app. It mentioned invitation will be sent to you to use the new IDV app by 14th sep 2020 with further details how to the use idv or opt out. etc

Not sure why i got this email from UK vcas as i already cancelled and got ROD number. i am expecting refund in 6 weeks automatically.
but now worried why i received this information. is it standard template? not sure.
in case if they send complete details to book ID&V, iam really worried.
what are my next steps.

anyway i will respond to the mail which i submitted the application today
please suggest me your valuable thoughts

munisekhartelagam
United Kingdom

Post by munisekhartelagam » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:19 pm

Dear Admin

Kindly assist me on the below query, thanks again for your valuable thoughts

i have applied SET LR on 27th aug 2020.
in that by mistake i have mentioned 2018 home office reference number for the below query rather the latest visa extension 2019 to 2021.

Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?
Enter any Home Office reference numbers

acutallly i have to give the latest one which is my previous visa exstention 2019 to 2021 but i had given 2018 to 2019 hoem office reference number

can i add covering letter and mention like below

Unique Applciation number: XXXX

Payment Notification number: XXX

To

UK visa and Immigration

From

XXXXX

Flat xxx, street name, London

Applicant Name :

Date of Birth : XX/XXX/XXXX

Unique Application number:

Dear Sir/madam,

Sub : Home office reference number

In the application I had mentioned the Home reference xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx for March 2018 to Mrch 2019 Visa

I would like to give the Home office reference for the latest visa also which is March 2019 to March 2021 Visa.

The Home office reference for 2019 -21 is xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Thankyou, .

xxxxxxx

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:53 pm

munisekhartelagam wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:19 pm
Dear Admin

Kindly assist me on the below query, thanks again for your valuable thoughts

i have applied SET LR on 27th aug 2020.
in that by mistake i have mentioned 2018 home office reference number for the below query rather the latest visa extension 2019 to 2021.

Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?
Enter any Home Office reference numbers

acutallly i have to give the latest one which is my previous visa exstention 2019 to 2021 but i had given 2018 to 2019 hoem office reference number

can i add covering letter and mention like below

Unique Applciation number: XXXX

Payment Notification number: XXX

To

UK visa and Immigration

From

XXXXX

Flat xxx, street name, London

Applicant Name :

Date of Birth : XX/XXX/XXXX

Unique Application number:

Dear Sir/madam,

Sub : Home office reference number

In the application I had mentioned the Home reference xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx for March 2018 to Mrch 2019 Visa

I would like to give the Home office reference for the latest visa also which is March 2019 to March 2021 Visa.

The Home office reference for 2019 -21 is xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Thankyou, .

xxxxxxx
No need of worrying/doing anything as many even don't know or even give any reference number.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

munisekhartelagam
United Kingdom

Post by munisekhartelagam » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:18 am

Hi Admin,

Many thanks for your wonderful views and guidance, so kind of you

my latest query is below:

Current scenario :
1. i have submitted my SET -LR application in august and files submitted 2nd in ukvcas
i am getting appointments in UKVCAS this week(day after tomorrow) for personal appointment when i check the system.

for My set LR application, i have got all original documents except the birth certificate of my child 1 where recently i got a new birth certificate as there was a mistake in my name of my child birth certificate .( she born in india) . father name is mistake. but it corrected now. I have got the scanned copy of birth certificate in email ( from my brother back home). I asked him to courier, it takes upto 2 weeks frr the original around 18 th
1.am interested in the option of checking the documents service because to ensure all are scanned properly. In that case if i go ahead and book a biometric appointment this week, then will UKVCas guys ask for an original birth certificate ? can i submit the soft copy as proof for my daughter
2. in case if they insist on original on the day by booking day, then can i cancel the appointment and rebook for the next appointment until the actual courier arrives.

the reason is i don't want to wait till 18th as appointments available from day after tomorrow onwards..120 pounds

Kindly do the needful,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:16 am

For ilr based on long residence you don't need any birth certificates. You must only submit the minimal documents that the rules require, ie all passports, BRP, liuk, English
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

munisekhartelagam
United Kingdom

Post by munisekhartelagam » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Thanks

In the set ILR application, there is one query.
do you have any children aged 18 years or under living in uk ?
if yes, then place of birth, country, country of nationality, date of birth

then in document checklist, it asked about the given documents
Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your child/children(for example full birth certificate)

but i believe and my point of view due to covid issues, soft copy xerox is also fine. no point in waiting for 15 days for the courier as appointments available now. for example UK naric soft copy is allowed

if they insist about original, then i cancel the appointment and rebook
. is it allowed at the time of biometric apoint that we can cancel as document not there
this is worst scenario if they ask for original

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:23 pm

The checklist is generic. It is not the immigration rules or the official UKVI guidance or documents required.

NO birth certificates are required. You should not submit a whole lot of irrelevant and unnecessary documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

munisekhartelagam
United Kingdom

Re: child setilr old passport missing

Post by munisekhartelagam » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:16 pm

Hi admin

Please assist me in the below query, thanks again for your support

1. i have to apply for my child on the basis of set ILR on 10 years route from aug 2010 to aug 2020.

the total passports are 2008 to 2013,
2013 to 2018 and
2018 to 2023
however we recently misplaced/lost 2008 to 2013 passport (where initial entry of aug 2010 entry to Uk visa stamp there and also entry/exit of 2011, 2012.) However i have got photo copy of 2008 to 2013 passport.

we have got original passports of my child of 2013 to 2018 and 2018 to 2023.

1. do i need to apply for the FIR for the old passport(2008-2013) missing/lost and keep a copy of FIR with me
2. can i get suggestions from indian VFS high commission about the old passport lost
3. do i need to show at the time of biometrics.
4. at the time of biometrics will they ask old passport also? (1st 2008 to 2013)

many thanks again for the fantastic website and helping hand.
Cheers and have a lovely day ahead

munisekhartelagam
United Kingdom

Post by munisekhartelagam » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:19 am

Hi Admin,

Please assist me

thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:34 am

munisekhartelagam wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:19 am

However i have got photo copy of 2008 to 2013 passport.
As long you have the copy of the passport your fine. All what is needed a scan. Do you have scan copy of the stamps pages also from the lost passport or only bio page?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

munisekhartelagam
United Kingdom

Post by munisekhartelagam » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:54 pm

Many thanks again for the wonderful support so far, much appreciated for the kind help

i have query for my wife visa application for long residence setil ILR

Complete details are below :
My visa status : Ict visa since aug 2010. applied for ILR long residence in Aug'20 and waiting for decision from homeoffice on set ilr

First entry clearance of my wife : Aug 2010
Staying since : From Aug 2010 till today, presently in UK
Name of Visa : ICT pbs dependent visa from aug 2010 (continuous extensions)

PBS Visa expires : March 2021
Gap : 2013 July to 2014 September

Reasons for gap : There was a gap of 1 year from 2013 july to 2014 september.

(while she was in uk in july 2012 she got miscarriage in london A&E hospital and undergone D&C due to heavy bleeding . she was mentally upset aswell with miscarriage due to no growth of baby)
hence following this traumatic miscarriage, and suffered difficulties with her mental health.

unfortunately following traumatic miscarriage She went to India in July 2013 once she conceived
After that she had pregnancy complications, severe backpain, continuous cough and series of sickness where she was not able to travel back to UK
She given delivery to my 2nd child on march 2014 with C section. After delivery she was in complete rest for 3 months and medication due to sickness.
she is back in 2014 September. we got complete documentation from doctor back home.

My daughter : Elder child who was born in India has been staying since aug 2010 as first entry clearance and had the same gap similar to her mother.(july 2013 to sep 2014)
she also has been staying in Uk since aug 2010.

Complete table is below :

Visa start date Visa end date
16/08/2010 22/09/2012
09/11/2012 08/03/2014
31/07/2014 08/03/2015
09/03/2015 08/03/2016
05/04/2016 08/03/2018
08/03/2018 07/03/2021

I understand the applicant has been absent from the UK for than more 6 months in one period(july 2013 to sep 2014), i think it would be refused. But shall we try on compensate/discretion reasons as she faced and suffered severe difficulties in the gap of 1 year for her ILR
in the worscenario if they reject ILR, atleast will they give discretion visa of 2.5 years (may be they ask to pay IHS chargers) rather apply spouse visa again.
Thanks in advance!

munisekhartelagam
United Kingdom

Post by munisekhartelagam » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:47 am

Kindly assist me

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:29 am

Could you also update the Set LR timeline thread with the timeline of your application, please?
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

munisekhartelagam
United Kingdom

Gap in 10 years long residence

Post by munisekhartelagam » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:43 am

We are family of 5 (wife, two children are Indian nations, the younger son is in born in UK. younger son am not discussing here as i applied MN1 for him )

Me, my wife and eldest child(born in India 2007) have been living in London since 2010; They are in PBS dependent on my Tier 2 ICT established staff visa.2nd child born in India in march 2014 and travelled in sep 2014.

I got ILR recently on the basis of long residence set LR; (tier 2 ict entry in 2010).
My wife and three children are currently on a PBS dependent visa, which expires on last week of February 2021; This is on the basis of my current visa which is Tier 2 (ICT established staff) and have continuously held it since 2010;

My eldest daughter travelled with us (me and wife) to the UK in 2010 and in secondary school;
My second child was born in march 2014 in india & she came in sep 2014 & she is in primary school at the moment;

However, my wife and my eldest child have an absence of about 14 months from the UK and my wife total absences in the last 10 years exceeds 540 days;

·Reasons for GAP : Whilst my wife in the UK in 2012 had a miscarriage and was admitted to the A&E unit of Hospital in UK. She underwent dilation and curettage (D&C) in April 2012; almost she suffered
for 3 months until May end (have evidence proof for the same). · She had experienced severe pain & bleeding in India in June'12 when on holiday & underwent D&C again. She was mentally upset post traumatic incident. she back to uk in aug 2012. she was in UK till June 2013.

· She travelled to India in June 2013, originally for a holiday and intended to return to the UK promptly; however, she discovered that she was pregnant and had complications, including
severe back pain, a continuous cough and sickness. The doctor advised her not to travel due to this and based on past medical history; she gave birth via c-section and was advised again
by the doctor not to travel for a few months; (have evidence on the same)

· The long gap was between July 2013 and September 2014; My wife was also mentally unwell because of her previous experience and required the support of my family in India;

· My wife left the UK having valid leave which expired whilst she was in India on March 2014;

CONTINUITY VISA BREAK : For wife and 1st elder child , 2nd child we applied for entry clearance on 17 July 2014 and this was granted on 31st August 2014; the reason of the gap from march to July was we applied for 2nd child passport in India and also as doctor strictly adviced based on wellbeing of baby and mother post surgery, hence the delay of applying for visa till 17th July though the visa expired in march 8 2014.

My wife travelled to the UK in September 2014 along with new born baby (2nd daughter born in March 2014). My eldest daughter was with my wife at the time and has the same gap;

Questions:

1. The gap exceeded 540 days (840 in total) for my wife . Also continuous visa broke in march 2014 and gap of 3 months as visa applied in july'2014 and travelled in sept'14. ( due to passport of baby and doctor advice post pregnancy)
However the reasons were genuine , can we apply for SET Long residence for my wife on the basis of compelling and compensate reasons.
2. If i apply ILR for my wife alone, can i apply 2 children dependent visa). Because the risk of losing of HO fee of £7000 + lawere fee if all three rejected.
2. shall i apply only 1st child ILR , where as my wife and 2nd child (2014 born) can i apply dependent visa.
3. If i apply for spouse visa for my wife, i heard she NO need to wait for 5 years, i heard its 2 years if she stays on spouse she can get ILR.
which route is best to apply
Kindly help me in this regard.

secret.simon

Re: Gap in 10 years long residence

Post by secret.simon » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:56 am

While there do seem to be compelling and compassionate circumstances in your wife's case, be aware that the Long Residence ILR guidance for caseworkers states that in such cases, the appropriate outcome (of exercising ILR) is (further) Leave Outside The Rules, not ILR.
Page 11 of the guidance linked to above wrote:If the applicant has been absent from the UK for more than 6 months in one period or more than 18 months in total, the application should normally be refused. However, it may be appropriate to exercise discretion over excess absences in compelling or compassionate circumstances, for example where the applicant was prevented from returning to the UK through unavoidable circumstances.

This must be decided at senior executive officer (SEO) level with a grant of leave outside the Immigration Rules being the appropriate outcome.

Things to consider when assessing if the absence was compelling or compassionate are:
• for all cases – you must consider whether the individual returned to the UK within a reasonable time once they were able to do so
• for the single absence of over 180 days:
o you must consider how much of the absence was due to compelling circumstances and whether the applicant returned to the UK as soon as they
were able to do so
o you must also consider the reasons for the absence
• for overall absences of 540 days in the 10 year period:
o you must consider whether the long absence (or absences) that pushed the applicant over the limit happened towards the start or end of the 10 year
residence period, and how soon they will be able to meet that requirement
o if the absences were towards the start of that period, the person may be able to meet the requirements in the near future, and so could be expected to apply when they meet the requirements
o however, if the absences were recent, the person will not qualify for a long time, and so you must consider whether there are particularly compelling
circumstances

All of these factors must be considered together when determining whether it is reasonable to exercise discretion.
The children's immigration status will be that of the wife in this case, and will likely follow her's. In any case, the children will be eligible for ILR with the wife.
munisekhartelagam wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:43 am
3. If i apply for spouse visa for my wife, i heard she NO need to wait for 5 years, i heard its 2 years if she stays on spouse she can get ILR.
That used to be the case before 2012. So, people who started on a spouse of an ILR holder visa before 2012 would have got ILR in 2014. But for anybody applying for that visa after 2012, they require a further five years of residence in that category (i.e. previous residence under other categories do not count) before applying for ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:05 pm

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

munisekhartelagam
United Kingdom

Post by munisekhartelagam » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:45 am

H Admin,

Many thanks for your email!

please suggest me which is the best route

1. Applying ILR for all three (as we have a genuine case and my wife suffered. if she didnt get problems in london 2012 and 2013 in India she would have stayed)
Risk :Lose of fee for all three £7244 + lawyer fee
advantages: Everyone will get ILR
saving f fee on appendix fm where we need to 2 more extensions which cost 15k+ 7k(ILR again)

2. How about applying ILR for wife alone and 2 kids appendix FM dependant visa as all three visa expires on last week of Feb'21.
advantages : Saving of fee rather rejection happens for all three
. also once mother gets ILR, then i will apply again for kids ILR.

3. How about applying ILR for elder child one only ;(secondary school ). child 1 staying since 2010 but gap as of her mother. here gap is not child fault. hence on discretionary basis any chance for elder child

wife and child 2(2014 born) appendix FM.

munisekhartelagam
United Kingdom

Post by munisekhartelagam » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:00 pm

Hi Admin,

Kindly assist me

kind regards
Sekhar

munisekhartelagam
United Kingdom

Post by munisekhartelagam » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:32 am

Kindly revert.. I have been waiting desperately
for your kind views. Would be really
Grateful to you. Thanks in advance, Happy New year

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:01 pm

All applicants applying for ILR LR must meet the requirements individually, including the absence limits. There is no discretion on the absence.

If your spouse and older child have the same gap, they do not qualify for long residence ilr. Their continuity of residence is broken.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

munisekhartelagam
United Kingdom

Post by munisekhartelagam » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:31 am

Hi Admins,

Many thanks for your reply.

just want to know this scenario

1. if I apply for my wife's ILR in January, then based on the result I can apply for my kids. so that I don't lose the fee for all three if rejected for ILR.
. but the kid's visa expiring in feb end.
2. In February can i put some application for kids and vary it until my wife's decision comes.
for example, if my wife visa comes in may,(assume negative)
then if i vary kids application then kids will be overstaying right?
at that time i will apply all of them appendix FM after varying.

the main idea is not to lose the fee if all three applications rejected for ILR

munisekhartelagam
United Kingdom

Post by munisekhartelagam » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:05 am

Dear admis,

wish you a wonderful happy new year 2021. Really you are doing incredible job.. Hatsoff.
Kindly revert to the above 3 queries. Am really struggling and time is near by. Would be really
Grateful to you. Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:17 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:01 pm
All applicants applying for ILR LR must meet the requirements individually, including the absence limits. There is no discretion on the absence.

If your spouse and older child have the same gap, they do not qualify for long residence ilr. Their continuity of residence is broken.
They don't qualify for long residenc ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

munisekhartelagam
United Kingdom

Post by munisekhartelagam » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:49 am

Thanks admin for the swift reply.

I completely agree with you.. no issues.

However, I just want to give a try under discretion rules, compelling and compensate reasons as its a genuine reason.

but at the same time, i don't want to lose the fee for all 3 applications.
as y ou know all 2kids and wife visa expires on feb end

1. can I just apply for wife visa long reside application (ILR ) under discretion rules
after her decision comes i can apply for kids ILR if it passes, if it fails, then i will apply all three appendix FM/dependant visa.

2. only problem here is kids would be overstaying if I cannot make the application before Feb 21..is it true?
can i put a dummy application and vary it for kids

the main reason i dont want to waste all three application fee