ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SheilaM
England

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by SheilaM » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:04 pm

Yahas76 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:55 am
Yahas76 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:47 am
SheilaM wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:58 pm
welljohn wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:12 am
Hi Sheilam,
Thanks for the response, got email from the MP said "HO" replied but timescale is 9 months from 6 months initially stated before I submitted my FS last year. its good idea for me to request for permission to work as my application for FS is 1 year and some weeks now. And also can they issue NI on the permission to work letter by the Jobs centre. Thank you.
The Capital building, Liverpool, L3 9PP, Ive seen here who’ve done further submissions send complaints email (complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk) to enquire about their status of the application or timeline to getting a decision.
Hi Sheilam, its ideally for me to do that on my own without solicitor . Pls let me know thanks.
That’s a relief 😅 since you atleast have a timeline , Yeah do request permission to work and after you receive it you can open a bank account in nationwide, and contact Job centre to make appointment for your national insurance number.
Hi SheilaM,

I Pray and hope that you are fine and doing well, I need an information regarding the NI "National Insurance Number", my solicitor applied the Permission to work on last Thursday and told me it will come within two weeks so I am waiting now.

2. After getting the Permission of work, I'll get the new ARC card with written Allowed to work in SOL ??? Kindly also confirm that I need to give biometric again for the new ARC card ???

3. Once I'll receive the New ARC card written Allowed to work in SOL, then I have to go to the nearest Job Centre and can apply for the NI "National Insurance Number" ???

4. After getting NI "National Insurance Number" my Section 95 Support will be revoked within 28 days ??? or when I'll get the Job then only my Section 95 Support will be revoked ??? I am having doubt on this point, Kindly clarify as its an important thing for me.

I am waiting for your reply / feedback / answers.

Thank you very much and Wishing you all the best.

Have a very good day.

Kind Regard's.
[/quote]

Hi SheilaM,

Kindly also note that I already opened the Bank account with the Nationwide Bank last week and received the ATM Debit card along Internet Banking credentials.

Kind Regard's.
[/quote]
Hi Yaya once you receive the permission letter within 7 working days you should receive your new biometric card. No you do not need to go for another biometrics appointment. You will need to call Job centre and book an appointment for your NI number and after allocated appointment, should be with you within days. Your section 95 will not be revoked until you get a Job offer and please do inform migrant help after you get a Job as a change of circumstance.
Best of Luck 🤞🏾

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:12 pm

SheilaM wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:04 pm
Yahas76 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:55 am
Yahas76 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:47 am
SheilaM wrote:

Hi Sheilam, its ideally for me to do that on my own without solicitor . Pls let me know thanks.
That’s a relief 😅 since you atleast have a timeline , Yeah do request permission to work and after you receive it you can open a bank account in nationwide, and contact Job centre to make appointment for your national insurance number.
Hi SheilaM,

I Pray and hope that you are fine and doing well, I need an information regarding the NI "National Insurance Number", my solicitor applied the Permission to work on last Thursday and told me it will come within two weeks so I am waiting now.

2. After getting the Permission of work, I'll get the new ARC card with written Allowed to work in SOL ??? Kindly also confirm that I need to give biometric again for the new ARC card ???

3. Once I'll receive the New ARC card written Allowed to work in SOL, then I have to go to the nearest Job Centre and can apply for the NI "National Insurance Number" ???

4. After getting NI "National Insurance Number" my Section 95 Support will be revoked within 28 days ??? or when I'll get the Job then only my Section 95 Support will be revoked ??? I am having doubt on this point, Kindly clarify as its an important thing for me.

I am waiting for your reply / feedback / answers.

Thank you very much and Wishing you all the best.

Have a very good day.

Kind Regard's.
Hi SheilaM,

Kindly also note that I already opened the Bank account with the Nationwide Bank last week and received the ATM Debit card along Internet Banking credentials.

Kind Regard's.
[/quote]
Hi Yaya once you receive the permission letter within 7 working days you should receive your new biometric card. No you do not need to go for another biometrics appointment. You will need to call Job centre and book an appointment for your NI number and after allocated appointment, should be with you within days. Your section 95 will not be revoked until you get a Job offer and please do inform migrant help after you get a Job as a change of circumstance.
Best of Luck 🤞🏾
[/quote]

Hi SheilaM,

Thank you very much for your prompt, detailed and kind reply, its really useful and informative, much appreciated ...

Fine, I understand everything and will update you accordingly once I'll get the Letter of Permission to work.

Have a very good day.

Kind Regard's.

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

Would appreciate if someone has the same experience in this matter. As you are all aware we were given 2.5 years after further submission and long battle through the asylum process.
In the decision letter it says I can use my own national passport for traveling abroad, does anyone knows how to request back these passports.
I thought of reporting them as lost then head to my consulate for renewal, however, Home Office share same data of those PoliceSystem and could cause more harm than good.

Return of documents on GOV.UK can not be used for any asylum claimant. Any help would be appreciated. I need a passport for work related travel purposes.

Thanks

Stillwaiting2020
Cameroon

Post by Stillwaiting2020 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:59 pm

Hi Joe
You can request for your passport from Home Office but if Home cannot find it, you can declare it missing and get another one from your consulate.

Hi all
I need an advice, I received an email from Home Office which says that they have written to my address for requesting for more further information for my further Submissions which I submitted more than 6months getting to 7 months, please is any one have an idea of the type of information they will need because I am yet to receive the letter

Thanks

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:43 pm

Stillwaiting2020 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:59 pm
Hi Joe
You can request for your passport from Home Office but if Home cannot find it, you can declare it missing and get another one from your consulate.

Hi all
I need an advice, I received an email from Home Office which says that they have written to my address for requesting for more further information for my further Submissions which I submitted more than 6months getting to 7 months, please is any one have an idea of the type of information they will need because I am yet to receive the letter

Thanks
Hi thank you for your answer. Do you know where about should I send my request? Any email address or postal address?

We have received an email half way through our submission asking for further details and provided us with an exemplary list of documents they needed.

welljohn
England

Post by welljohn » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:32 am

SheilaM wrote:
welljohn wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:12 am
Hi Sheilam,
Thanks for the response, got email from the MP said "HO" replied but timescale is 9 months from 6 months initially stated before I submitted my FS last year. its good idea for me to request for permission to work as my application for FS is 1 year and some weeks now. And also can they issue NI on the permission to work letter by the Jobs centre. Thank you.
The Capital building, Liverpool, L3 9PP, Ive seen here who’ve done further submissions send complaints email (complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk) to enquire about their status of the application or timeline to getting a decision.
[/quote]
That’s a relief 😅 since you at least have a timeline , Yeah do request permission to work and after you receive it you can open a bank account in nationwide, and contact Job center to make appointment for your national insurance number.
Hi Sheilam, thank you and appreciated." SOL "can I do other work apart from skilled works. let me know please.

Stillwaiting2020
Cameroon

Post by Stillwaiting2020 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi Joe
I don't know any email address you can contact, you can't use Home Office complain email address which I saw on this platform few weeks ago or you can go to the police and declare it missing, get paper work from the police to your consulate, please can you tell me what type of further evidence Home Office requested from you.

Thanks

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:13 pm

@Welljohn I’m a qualified personal was able to secure a job easier, But I assume it’s going to be based on employers discretion as I see many asylum seekers working in care.

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:27 pm

Stillwaiting2020 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:06 pm
Hi Yahas, thanks for the update, I wish you luck, hope you will be granted permission soon. Take care for now.
Hi Stillwaiting2020,

Hope that you are fine and doing well, did you receive the decision on your permission to work ???

I am still waiting for the decision as my Solicitor applied on 05-12-2020.

Wish you Good Luck.

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:32 pm

SheilaM wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:13 pm
@Welljohn I’m a qualified personal was able to secure a job easier, But I assume it’s going to be based on employers discretion as I see many asylum seekers working in care.
Hi SheilaM,

Hope that you are fine and doing very well as usual, Kindly do let me know that which jobs I'll be allowed / Can work in Care ???

Like Carer ???

Kindly note that I am still waiting for the decision on my permission to work's application as my Solicitor applied it on 05-12-2020.

Kind Regard's

welljohn
England

Post by welljohn » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:59 pm

SheilaM wrote:

Hi Sheilam, I'm extremely grateful for your response and same time appreciated it. but another quick question for you please. How long it will take to hear back from "HO" and I hope won't take ages though.

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:45 am

welljohn wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:59 pm
[quote=SheilaM post_id=<a href="tel:1970143">1970143</a> time=<a href="tel:1607703193">1607703193</a> user_id=238599]

Hi Sheilam, I'm extremely grateful for your response and same time appreciated it. but another quick question for you please. How long it will take to hear back from "HO" and I hope won't take ages though.
hi welljohn hope you keeping well. Roughly took around 3 weeks to get everything the permission letter and the new biometric card.

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:48 am

Yahas76 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:32 pm
SheilaM wrote:
Hi SheilaM,

Hope that you are fine and doing very well as usual, Kindly do let me know that which jobs I'll be allowed / Can work in Care ???

Like Carer ???

Kindly note that I am still waiting for the decision on my permission to work's application as my Solicitor applied it on 05-12-2020.

Kind Regard's
Hi Yaya yes you can work as a Carer.

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:51 am

SheilaM wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:45 am
welljohn wrote:
[quote=SheilaM post_id=<a href="tel:1970143">1970143</a> time=<a href="tel:1607703193">1607703193</a> user_id=238599]

hi welljohn hope you keeping well. Roughly took around 3 weeks to get everything the permission letter and the new biometric card.
Hi SheilaM,

Kindly confirm that you said about 3 weeks took by Home Office to grant you the Permission to Work along with the new ARC card ???

Thank you.

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:53 am

SheilaM wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:48 am
Yahas76 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:32 pm
SheilaM wrote:
Hi SheilaM,

Like Carer ???

Kind Regard's
Hi Yaya yes you can work as a Carer.
Hi SheilaM,

Thank you for an update, Kindly can you also tell me the others Jobs which I can do in Care field ???

Kind Regard's.

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:43 pm

Yahas76 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:51 am
SheilaM wrote:
welljohn wrote:

Hi SheilaM,

Kindly confirm that you said about 3 weeks took by Home Office to grant you the Permission to Work along with the new ARC card ???

Thank you.
Yes Yayah it took 3 weeks to get everything. I’m sure the delay is due to the Pandemic 😷 but soon you will receive everything. Hope this helps while you waiting.

welljohn
England

Post by welljohn » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:19 pm

SheilaM wrote:
welljohn wrote:

Hi Sheilam, Thank you. Appreciated... yesterday I received email from my Solicitor; said " HO" needs my authorised signature form and send it back as soon as possible in which I did today. what's entails please Sheila ?.... it's good news ....with "HO" ...You never know.

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:34 am

welljohn wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:19 pm
SheilaM wrote:
welljohn wrote:

Hi Sheilam, Thank you. Appreciated... yesterday I received email from my Solicitor; said " HO" needs my authorised signature form and send it back as soon as possible in which I did today. what's entails please Sheila ?.... it's good news ....with "HO" ...You never know.
Yes it’s Good news, Before they send any correspondence or Even decisions on asylum claim, they normally send email to your solicitor for you to authorise. 🙏🙏🙏 Keep in Prayer could be your work permit or your decision.

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:36 am

Welljohn Keep me posted praying for you 🙏

welljohn
England

Post by welljohn » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:25 pm

SheilaM wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:36 am
Welljohn Keep me posted praying for you 🙏

Hi Sheila, Thank you for your response and do appreciate it. Hopefully is my granted decision or work permit be my Xmas gifts or presents. Definitely praying tonite Sheilam. Good person Lord's continue to bless you. Let you know once get feed back. Thank you.

welljohn
England

Post by welljohn » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:27 pm

SheilaM wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:34 am
welljohn wrote:
SheilaM wrote:
welljohn wrote:

Yes it’s Good news, Before they send any correspondence or Even decisions on asylum claim, they normally send email to your solicitor for you to authorise. 🙏🙏🙏 Keep in Prayer could be your work permit or your decision.
Hi Sheilam, most guys they sent such authorisation must be granted either one of the two Sheilam. I will be happiest man in the world. Felt good vibes and positives about it. Thank you.

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:47 am

SheilaM wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:43 pm
Yahas76 wrote:
SheilaM wrote:
welljohn wrote:

Hi SheilaM,

Thank you.
Yes Yayah it took 3 weeks to get everything. I’m sure the delay is due to the Pandemic 😷 but soon you will receive everything. Hope this helps while you waiting.
Hi SheilaM,

Finger crossed and waiting for the decision and then rest of the things like NI & Updated ARC Card.

Can you tell me that when you applied for the Permission to work ? Before Pandemic or after starting it ???

Kindly also guide me that which others jobs I can do it in Care field other then Carer ???

Thank you for your always Support and Understanding.

Kind Regard's.

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:57 am

welljohn wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:27 pm
SheilaM wrote:
welljohn wrote:
SheilaM wrote:
Hi Sheilam, most guys they sent such authorisation must be granted either one of the two Sheilam. I will be happiest man in the world. Felt good vibes and positives about it. Thank you.
Hi welljohn,

Hope you are fine and doing fine, let me tell you that my Solicitor sent me the Form Of Authority before even apply the Permission to Work, so I guess its the normal procedure which is nothing to do with the decision or my Solicitor knew that she will need it later on.

Kindly note that my Solicitor applied the Permission to Work on 4th December 2020 and still waiting for the update from the Home Office.

Kindly keep us posted with an update of the decision.

Kind Regard's.

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:59 am

Yahas76 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:47 am
SheilaM wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:43 pm
Yahas76 wrote:
SheilaM wrote:
Hi SheilaM,

Thank you.
Hi SheilaM,

Finger crossed and waiting for the decision and then rest of the things like NI & Updated ARC Card.

Can you tell me that when you applied for the Permission to work ? Before Pandemic or after starting it ???

Kindly also guide me that which others jobs I can do it in Care field other then Carer ???

Thank you for your always Support and Understanding.

Kind Regard's.
I applied during the Beginning of the Pandemic 😷 when everything was closed down. I’m
A registered Nurse which is why I think they responded quickly despite the pandemic. You can do support worker, live in Carer, Care assistant, do apply in other Jobs too because if you present your work permit they say it’s the employers discretion especially if they can’t find someone to replace. As soon as you receive your letter for permission call for your NI as my appointment took 3 weeks with Job centre.

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:01 am

welljohn wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:27 pm
SheilaM wrote:
welljohn wrote:
SheilaM wrote:
Fingers crossed 🤞🏾 You receive Good news. It will be a great Christmas gift 🎁