ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS Withdraw

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ezozezm
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

CoS Withdraw

Post by Ezozezm » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:07 am

Hi
Please can somenone help understand

1. Can an employer withdraw the CoS before the end of contractual period ? If so , will this affect the visa application via new CoS ?

2. If an employee resign from the Employer, would this automatically trigger to Withdraw the CoS by the employer ? Post resignation, if the employer does not withdraw CoS, how do we need to proceed ?

3. Will there be any refund from the UKBA for the pending period in CoS ?

4. How long does the home office allow to stay in UK, post withdraw for CoS ?

Please help

Regards
EZ

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: CoS Withdraw

Post by poper » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:08 am

1. Current employer is obliged to inform UKVI on the end of employment within 10 days after employment end date. It is UKVI who curtail visas(not CoS) and not the employer. UKVI send a curtailment letter to the employee curtailing visa to 60 days approximately from the date of letter was posted. Such letters take weeks or months to arrive. Ensure UKVi have your up to date address.

2. No, unless the employer updates UKVI. It doesn't matter what your employer does. You proceed with seeking a new job and apply for a visa from a new visa sponsor.

3. Possibly IHS alone. Not 100% sure

4. Already answered in Q1
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: CoS Withdraw

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:35 pm

3. Will there be any refund from the UKBA for the pending period in CoS ?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.