ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslip payment dates

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PeterJam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Payslip and 30 months extension

Post by PeterJam » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:24 am

Dear All,

My wife visa extension is coming up and could do with some help:

1) My wife meets the financial requirement herself and gets payslips monthly (Cat A). The payslips show taxable pay, income tax, employee NIC, net pay and other referenaces but does not show Employers NI on payslip. Does this matter?

2) She entered UK on 13/05/2018, I've counted 30 months and worked out we can apply after 13th November 2020. Have I got this correct?

Thank for taking the time to help.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Payslip and 30 months extension

Post by Korekt » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:12 pm

PeterJam wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:24 am
Dear All,

1) My wife meets the financial requirement herself and gets payslips monthly (Cat A). The payslips show taxable pay, income tax, employee NIC, net pay and other referenaces but does not show Employers NI on payslip. Does this matter?
It's fine to apply with the payslips as they are.
2) She entered UK on 13/05/2018, I've counted 30 months and worked out we can apply after 13th November 2020. Have I got this correct?

Yes. The window to apply opens 28 days before reaching 30 months residence counting from date of entry to the UK on the visa. It closes on the date the visa expires.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

PeterJam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Payslip and 30 months extension

Post by PeterJam » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:36 pm

thank you so much
Korekt wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:12 pm
PeterJam wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:24 am
Dear All,

It's fine to apply with the payslips as they are.

Yes. The window to apply opens 28 days before reaching 30 months residence counting from date of entry to the UK on the visa. It closes on the date the visa expires.

PeterJam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Payslip payment dates

Post by PeterJam » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:26 pm

Hi all,

My wife is applying for her extension visa this month and we have just noticed payslip payment dates do not match the dates the payments sent for every month.

Payment period 2 payment date on slip 05/06/20 date wage received 08/06/20 wrong

Payment period 3 payment date on slip 05/07/20 date received wage 05/07/20 correct

Payment period 4 payment date on slip 05/08/20 date wage received 04/08/20 wrong

Payment period 5 payment date on slip 05/09/20 date wage received 07/09/20 wrong

Payment period 6 payment date on slip 05/10/20 date wage received 05/10/20 correct

Payment period 7 payment date on slip 05/11/20 date wage received 05/11/20 correct

Would this be a problem and if so how should we ask the employer to explain in there employment letter?

Also her start date at this job was 05/05/20 and she has 6 payslips so we are ok to use category A if we apply on 20th November.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Payslip payment dates

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:41 pm

All above seems immaculate and satisfactory with no whiff of any mistake because the date of the generation of payslip & its receipt always slightly remain incongruent than actually receiving the cleared funds (wages) in account.

Yes you can apply under category A with the above mentioned dates of job commencement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

PeterJam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by PeterJam » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:58 pm

Thank you so much

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:15 pm

PeterJam wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:12 pm
Hi All,

Would this letter be ok on company letter head and signed?

25th November 2020

To Whom It May Concern,

This letter is to confirm that Mrs Jam has been permanently employed by our company since 5th May 2020. She employed full time position of receptionist. Her current salary is £20,500 per year.

I can confirm Mrs Jam pay slips are true and authentic.

If you have any questions regarding Mrs Jam employment, please contact me below.

Yours Sincerely,
Seems fine

Continue in your existing thread instead keep opening new.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

PeterJam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by PeterJam » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:18 pm

Thank you, you have been a big help and made this whole process less stressful :D

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:47 am

PeterJam wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:36 am
Good morning everyone,

We submitted and done the biometric appointment last week (extension visa) and have just noticed that we forgot my middle name (partner) on the main application form and i have not put my middle name on the declaration or consent 2 form. Will this affect the application? And is there anything we can do at this point?

I feel so stupid for making a small mistake and hope somebody can offer some advice.
If you haven't had submitted the biometrics then you could have addressed it in a covering letter. However, still most likely the new visa would be issued in line with the name showing on your old BRP card and most importantly on your passport.

PeterJam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by PeterJam » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:01 pm

Thank you for your reply I but it’s not the applicant has made the mistake it is the partner.

On the current partner section of the form the middle name is missing from given names.

The declaration for spouses also does not include the middle name.

And the consent part 2 does not include the middle name.

My wife (the applicant with brp card) has done her name correctly.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:17 pm

PeterJam wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:01 pm
Thank you for your reply I but it’s not the applicant has made the mistake it is the partner.

On the current partner section of the form the middle name is missing from given names.

The declaration for spouses also does not include the middle name.

And the consent part 2 does not include the middle name.

My wife (the applicant with brp card) has done her name correctly.
No issue

PeterJam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by PeterJam » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:00 pm

Thank you for your swift reply

PeterJam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by PeterJam » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:45 pm

Hi all,

Sorry just noticed another mistake.

It asks if this is the first time I have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with my current partner.

Because it is worded confusingly on their website by saying or extension we have answered yes by mistake.

Will this matter? Our extension has already been submitted.

Thanks all!

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:32 am

Why do you believe answering "yes" is a mistake?

PeterJam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by PeterJam » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:02 am

I saw someone put online:

You are right the answer is no as you already applied for spouse visa with the same partner

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:57 am

PeterJam wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:45 pm

It asks if this is the first time I have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with my current partner.
Usually some of the text for this questions also comes in brackets such as (including following the grant of leave as entry clearance ). Most often it is replied by yes.

PeterJam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by PeterJam » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:00 am

The exact wording used is:

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?

This is the first extension but we have done spouse visa previously. I feel like that it’s worded to confuse.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:47 am

The question can be misleading as some of their questions are.

Do not worry, your answer will not impact negatively on the application.

PeterJam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by PeterJam » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:50 am

Thank you that’s a big relief :D

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:36 pm

PeterJam wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:00 am
The exact wording used is:

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?

This is the first extension but we have done spouse visa previously. I feel like that it’s worded to confuse.
You may find another option probably at number 2 "additional extension as partner" which also would be very appropriate.

PeterJam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by PeterJam » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:39 pm

Not sure if this is what you mean, the question after that one is:

Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type.

I answered

First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:01 pm

PeterJam wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:39 pm
Not sure if this is what you mean, the question after that one is:

Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type.

I answered

First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)
Selecting this option is also fine. Don't get confuse with the wording which keeps on changing the same previous member said too.

PeterJam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by PeterJam » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:07 pm

Thank you, hopefully good news soon

PeterJam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by PeterJam » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:33 pm

Hi all,

I’m panicking again, we saw on Facebook group someone asking question and it made us notice another mistake.

On the question

“ Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?”

We answered no but my wife lived in thailand since birth and moved here 2018.

Will this affect our application?

Many mistakes, feeling so stressed.

Thanks for any help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:15 am

PeterJam wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:33 pm
Hi all,

I’m panicking again, we saw on Facebook group someone asking question and it made us notice another mistake.

On the question

“ Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?”

We answered no but my wife lived in thailand since birth and moved here 2018.

Will this affect our application?

Many mistakes, feeling so stressed.

Thanks for any help.
No issue as it wouldn't be classified as misrepresentation of your circumstances.