ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set LR application form query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aspirant20
Newly Registered
India

Set LR application form query

Post by Aspirant20 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:57 am

I have started my set LR application online. I have completed 9 years and 11 months in UK and can apply now based on 28 days before completing 10 years in early Dec 2020.

1) There is a question- 'how many years you have spent in UK'. Should I mention 9 years and 11 months? Will this cause any issues as ideally this should be 10 years.
2) There is a question asking for friends and family in country where you have lived for more than 5 years. Shall I mention my friends in UK as I have spent more than 5 years in UK or do I need to mention about my friends in home country?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Set LR application form query

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:00 pm

1) No. But it is always best to book a biometrics appointment after you complete 10 years. The appointments are running at a 28 days lag anyways.

2) Answer as the question asks and you think is right. This question is not important.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aspirant20
Newly Registered
India

Post by Aspirant20 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:48 pm

Thanks Cullinan :) Sorry, I have few more queries -
1) After completing the child details, there is a question - Who does child normally live with?
Child live with both me and my wife.
There are 3 options to choose from, me, my wife and other. Shall I select myself? If I select 'other' , then there are some questions like 'who do they live with and why do they not live with you?

2) I have Tier 2 ICT visa. I have completed B1 english test from Trinity. Do I need to select yes or no to the below questions?

Do you have a previous entry clearance where you had to prove knowledge of english?

Do you have a degree equivalent to a UK Bachelor's degree which was taught in english? (I have bachelor degree from my home country and it was taught in english but do not have NARIC).

3) In convictions and other penalties section, there is a question - A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty.

I had 2 PCNs for accidentally driving in roads with restricted access before 6pm and paid the penalty on time. Do I need to declare this in application form?

Thanks for your help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:05 am

1) Again this question will not impact your LR. Select yourself.

2) You will have to rely on your B1 SELT and answer as the questions clearly asks. Make sure it is valid and not more than 2 years old to use for ILR, otherwise should meet:
Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

3) No
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aspirant20
Newly Registered
India

Post by Aspirant20 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:17 pm

Thanks for addressing my queries earlier, I have booked my biometric in 3rd week of Dec 20.

Can I upload all docs in UKVAS portal now or should I do it 2 days before to the biometric appointment?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:36 am

Ideally you should upload and self-submit now so your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics. However, it is optional and your own choice. You can upload anytime before appointment and submit at the appointment itself also.

Aspirant20
Newly Registered
India

Post by Aspirant20 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:01 am

Thanks Cullinan. I presume, I need to take my latest bank statement for my appointment even if I upload now. Hope that will be okay.

My marriage certificate has got my native language as well as English. Do I need to translate it to English alone or the one I have will suffice?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:05 am

Aspirant20 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:01 am
Thanks Cullinan. I presume, I need to take my latest bank statement for my appointment even if I upload now. Hope that will be okay.
Why do you need your latest bank statement?

My marriage certificate has got my native language as well as English. Do I need to translate it to English alone or the one I have will suffice?
Why do you need your marriage certificate for LR?

Aspirant20
Newly Registered
India

Post by Aspirant20 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:54 pm

Latest bank statement for address proof and Marriage certificate as per the document checklist.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:56 pm

Aspirant20 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:54 pm
Latest bank statement for address proof and Marriage certificate as per the document checklist.
The checklist is generic. You do not need any of these two for LR.

Aspirant20
Newly Registered
India

Post by Aspirant20 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:55 pm

Hi again, a quick query - do I need to just take just the originals or photocopies of documents as well to the biometric appointment?

Thanks for your help.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:58 pm

Aspirant20 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:55 pm
Hi again, a quick query - do I need to just take just the originals or photocopies of documents as well to the biometric appointment?

Thanks for your help.
Just originals
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Aspirant20
Newly Registered
India

Post by Aspirant20 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:28 am

Thanks @Ajithu92 and @Cullinun for answering my queries earlier. I have completed my biometric in Jan 21 as my appointment in Dec 20 had to be rescheduled at last min due to Tier 4 restrictions.

I was wondering if buying a property while ILR application is in progress may have negative impact on the application decision. I liked a property and planning to put an offer and if all goes through then contract exchange before stamp duty holiday (31st Mar). If I go ahead, due to address change and taking new mortgage, do you think there can be any complications while case worker reviews the application?
Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:58 am

Buying a property is irrelevant to your ilr application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aspirant20
Newly Registered
India

Post by Aspirant20 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:03 am

Thanks CR001. So in essence there is no risk with ILR application if I purchase a property while it's being processed?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:14 am

Aspirant20 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:03 am
Thanks CR001. So in essence there is no risk with ILR application if I purchase a property while it's being processed?
No, you are overthinking completely.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.