ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT PLEASE HELP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sammyiam
Newly Registered
England

URGENT PLEASE HELP

Post by sammyiam » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:27 pm

hi, my wife's is apply for ILR 5 year route. Her Biometric card expires in April 2020. once shes passed the life in uk test and B1, when can she submit her ILR application? Can she do it right away once shes passed the tests or wait until April. Thanks in advance.

sammyiam
Newly Registered
England

Re: URGENT PLEASE HELP

Post by sammyiam » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:38 pm

sorry Bio metric expires April 2021 not 2020. thanks

sammyiam
Newly Registered
England

Post by sammyiam » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:38 pm

sorry Bio metric expires April 2021 not 2020. thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:03 pm

I am assuming from your previous history that your wife is on a spouse visa? She can apply ILR on SET(M) when she completes 60 months minus 28 days from first date of entry in UK. As long she is eligible and meets all the requirements, you do not have to wait till current visa expiry.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:53 pm

sammyiam wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:27 pm
hi, my wife's is apply for ILR 5 year route. Her Biometric card expires in April 2020. once shes passed the life in uk test and B1, when can she submit her ILR application? Can she do it right away once shes passed the tests or wait until April. Thanks in advance.
Most often immigration applications fee skyrockets in April, so to avail the older cheaper fee she can even apply without both of these tests and supply these later provided while doing so her qualifying period (60 months minus 28 days) would have been completed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

srsw

Post by srsw » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:58 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:53 pm
sammyiam wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:27 pm
Most often immigration applications fee skyrockets in April, so to avail the older cheaper fee she can even apply without both of these tests and supply these later provided while doing so her qualifying period (60 months minus 28 days) would have been completed.
The fee won't increase any further for 2020/21, so should be ok on that front.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/immigra ... s-2020-21/
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.