ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application - Date when parent(s) became settled and referee queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gag285
Member of Standing
India

MN1 Application - Date when parent(s) became settled and referee queries

Post by gag285 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:19 pm

I am starting the MN1 application for my children (born in the UK). I received the email for ILR approval on 09.12.2020 and awaiting BRP. I have three questions.

1. There is a question in the application that asks for the date when the parent became settled in the UK. Is this the approval date i.e. the date of the email or the start date of the BRP confirming Indefinite Leave?

2. One of my two children, is a year and half old and has always lived at the same address. I take its ok to select 'Yes' to 'Have they lived at this address for 5 years'.

3. I am using the same referees for both of them. One of them is their nursery director and another a family friend. I take there are no issues with this.

Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 Application - Date when parent(s) became settled and referee queries

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:31 pm

gag285 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:19 pm
I am starting the MN1 application for my children (born in the UK). I received the email for ILR approval on 09.12.2020 and awaiting BRP. I have three questions.

1. There is a question in the application that asks for the date when the parent became settled in the UK. Is this the approval date i.e. the date of the email or the start date of the BRP confirming Indefinite Leave?
Better to wait till you get your ILR BRP in hand and mention the date on BRP

2. One of my two children, is a year and half old and has always lived at the same address. I take its ok to select 'Yes' to 'Have they lived at this address for 5 years'.
Correct

3. I am using the same referees for both of them. One of them is their nursery director and another a family friend. I take there are no issues with this.
Correct

Thank you.
See referee details:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: MN1 Application - Date when parent(s) became settled and referee queries

Post by gag285 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:31 pm
[quote=gag285 post_id=<a href="tel:1970145">1970145</a> time=<a href="tel:1607703579">1607703579</a> user_id=105033]

Better to wait till you get your ILR BRP in hand and mention the date on BRP

Correct

Correct

Thank you.
See referee details:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
[/quote]
Awesome ! Thanks CULLINAN. Much appreciated