ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:36 am

IST wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:19 am
LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:12 am
The HO lawyer didn’t even mention and argue all I said about their unlawful guidance. I gave that HO lawyer the ammunition to fight me. My arguments were numbered serially. The pages were clearly headed. I had 2 sheets of paper with Statement of facts on and didn’t number those sheets 1 and 2 but because in my notes to the Tribunal I apologised for sending in my bundle ‘in bits’, BINGO, that HO lawyer cashed in and milked it. He /She flagged it by sending me an email asking if my bundle was complete then copied the Tribunal in that email.

If I couldn’t have control of my keyboard with all the functions clearly written in white on a black background, it is PATHETIC.

All through the course of my JR application I was in panic mode. It’s either I am not a good shock absorber or my shocks are worn.
Even my child kept asking me “Mummy are you a Scaredy Cat?”.

All hopes are not lost The guy at the tribunal told me worst case scenario I still have the chance of facing the Judge.

The stakes are too high. I am just wondering if it ends up in court, will my tears even let me speak?.
Lulubaby

I am sorry to hear that you’re still struggling and HO his being very distressing it please don’t give up and you will win in end . HO tactics is to drain people emotionally and people in the end give up.

I will pray for you good luck
Thank you so much. Even as I am crying and typing this reply, I know I have no plans of giving up. My problem is just my tears, honestly if only my heart was as strong as my ‘sharp mouth’, I wouldn’t have messed up my bundle. I just can’t help crying try as I may. CRYING <-> PANICKING = RUBBISH BUNDLE.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:41 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:36 am
IST wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
The HO lawyer didn’t even mention and argue all I said about their unlawful guidance. I gave that HO lawyer the ammunition to fight me. My arguments were numbered serially. The pages were clearly headed. I had 2 sheets of paper with Statement of facts on and didn’t number those sheets 1 and 2 but because in my notes to the Tribunal I apologised for sending in my bundle ‘in bits’, BINGO, that HO lawyer cashed in and milked it. He /She flagged it by sending me an email asking if my bundle was complete then copied the Tribunal in that email.

If I couldn’t have control of my keyboard with all the functions clearly written in white on a black background, it is PATHETIC.

All through the course of my JR application I was in panic mode. It’s either I am not a good shock absorber or my shocks are worn.

All hopes are not lost The guy at the tribunal told me worst case scenario I still have the chance of facing the Judge.

The stakes are too high. I am just wondering if it ends up in court, will my tears even let me speak?.
Lulubaby

I am sorry to hear that you’re still struggling and HO his being very distressing it please don’t give up and you will win in end . HO tactics is to drain people emotionally and people in the end give up.

Thank you so much. Even as I am crying and typing this reply, I know I have no plans of giving up. My problem is just my tears, honestly if only my heart was as strong as my ‘sharp mouth’, I wouldn’t have messed up my bundle. I just can’t help crying try as I may. CRYING <-> PANICKING = RUBBISH BUNDLE.
Totally agree is not a easy your life is depend on this JR, I might be wrong did you say on the previous notes that your previous charity lawyer will fine someone to help you if that is the case please do as you have so much on your plate now and finding someone to help you will be very beneficial

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:45 am

LULUBABY wrote:
IST wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:

Lulubaby

And when was your DRF1 application refused and how come they have send the decision to your previous lawyer did you appeal against this decision

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:52 am

IST wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:41 am
LULUBABY wrote:
IST wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:

Lulubaby

Totally agree is not a easy your life is depend on this JR, I might be wrong did you say on the previous notes that your previous charity lawyer will fine someone to help you if that is the case please do as you have so much on your plate now and finding someone to help you will be very beneficial
The did a chronology (spelling ?) of my immigration history and dig out the fact that claimed and withdrew an asylum application. It was that Charity lawyer that withdrew that asylum application for me and did PAP to the HO then before I had my 2.5 ltr

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:11 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:52 am
IST wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
IST wrote:

Lulubaby

The did a chronology (spelling ?) of my immigration history and dug out the fact that I claimed and withdrew an asylum application. It was that Charity lawyer that withdrew that asylum application for me and did PAP to the HO then, before I had my 2.5 ltr

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:26 am

IST wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:45 am
LULUBABY wrote:
IST wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:

Lulubaby

And when was your DRF1 application refused and how come they have send the decision to your previous lawyer did you appeal against this decision
All these weeks and months I have been waiting for my COA. I only saw it in their email yesterday that my Zambrano application was REJECTED (sorry not refused) 5days after I did PAP based on the fact that I did not sign the biometric page. That was since 16th of October 2020. Meanwhile they then sent off my documents to a different place without my knowledge.

They only said it in their email yesterday that they will refund my cost less admin charge. If they had refunded my money months ago I would have known I made a mistake and would have done the right thing.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:30 am

IST wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
IST wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:

Lulubaby

Yes he asked me where I am staying now, I told him and he said he will refer me to a lawyer who will help me.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:34 am

Please forgive my typo errors. My phone screen is cracked, that is the least of my worries for now.

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:04 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:34 am
Please forgive my typo errors. My phone screen is cracked, that is the least of my worries for now.
Please dont be discouraged about what they have written at all. You have experienced their crap before and you triumphed. You must continue to keep strong. I must say that the court sees through them..keep praying and ensuring you do everything in time. You will sure overcome x.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:41 am

Greatgreat wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:04 am
LULUBABY wrote:
Please dont be discouraged about what they have written at all. You have experienced their crap before and you triumphed. You must continue to keep strong. I must say that the court sees through them..keep praying and ensuring you do everything in time. You will sure overcome x.
Thank you.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:50 am

lolwe wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:27 am
LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:41 am
lolwe wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:22 pm
In my opinion, it is important to keep your arguments simple and short. Big bundles can hurt you.

Before you take the court's time, you should be able to articulate
  • the other side's position (in one or two sentences)
  • the background or history leading up to their perspective (in two or three paragraphs)
  • why that position is wrong (in a paragraph)
  • references in support of your position
The more you say, the more opportunities you give for the other side to attack you. Also, if you add irrelevant points, you are going to frustrate the reader; aka the judge.
Granted, I fumbled. This is a learning curve and a steep one indeed.
LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:58 am
The Respondent’s submissions...

My Quick Opinion (subject to change)

1.) The FTT determination is not binding. FTT Judge Neville is not a Supreme Court judge. Some FTT judges disagree with Judge Neville. Some Appeals Court judges disagree with Judge Neville. It is not enough to reference Judge Neville.

2.) A challenge to the lawfulness of the UK’s requirement for a person to be without leave in order to benefit from a derivative right of residence under the CJEU’s judgment in Zambrano should go before the High Court, not the Upper Tribunal.

3.) The SSHD rely on R (HC) v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (AIRE Centre intervening) [2017] UKSC 73, [2017] 3 WLR 1486 at [15] - "There is no impediment to exercising the right to reside if residence remains possible as a matter of substance, albeit that the quality of life is diminished.” You should explain that the Courts have taken a different view since this 2017 ruling.

4.) The SSHD also rely on the CJEU decision in Dereci in HC. Dereci is not applicable to single parents. In Dereci, the EU minors lived with both their EU citizen mother and their TCN father. Moreover, Dereci does not mention the child’s best interests. If the SSHD wanted to reference a relevant ruling, they should have looked to the Chávez-Vílchez decision.

5.) In the Chávez-Vílchez ruling, the children are only dependent on their TCN mother. Union citizens could invoke Article 20 TFEU against their Member State of nationality, even if they had never previously made use of their free movement rights. Member States were precluded from denying a residence right to TCN carers of national minors. Chávez-Vílchez confirms that the protection under Article 20 TFEU and the genuine enjoyment rule can be quite powerful. The decision highlights that the underlying aim of this protection is safeguarding the best interests of the EU child. Article 20 TFEU therefore does not just establish Union citizenship but also ensures the protection of the future rights of EU citizen children.

6.) The decisions of the UK Supreme Court in Shah and Patel, show the SSHD are wrong to contend that any assessment must be intrinsically linked to the availability of an alternative source of immigration status for primary carer. As Lady Arden surmises, "It follows that the Court of Appeal was wrong in this case to bring the question of the mother’s choice into the assessment of compulsion.”

7.) The SSHD was not under any obligation to provide EUSS access to beneficiaries of the CJEU’s ruling in Zambrano but decided to make provision for Zambrano carers anyway. The SSHD should apply the EUSS in a fair and logically consistent manner.

The SSHD must either revoke the EUSS leave granted under Appendix EU to any Zambrano carer who has not applied for leave to remain under Appendix FM, or who applied for leave to remain with expired leave under Appendix FM, of the SSHD should grant the Appellant leave to remain under Appendix EU. Furthermore, the Court should reject the SSHD's policy as discriminatory and irrational.

8.) The right to remain as the parent of a British child under the Immigration Rules existed before the implementation of the Zambrano right to reside. SSHD policy granted Zambrano carers a choice at the outset to apply under Appendix FM (or similar) or under the EU regulations. It was only following the Brexit vote, when the government announced publicly that all individuals who were lawfully in the country at the time of the vote to be able to remain in the country, that the SSHD changed its position to argue the Zambrano right was a 'right of last resort'.

9.) The Applicant began her lawful residence in the UK on DD MM YYYY. The Applicant gave birth to her British citizen daughter on DD MM YYYY. The Applicant was subsequently granted leave to remain under the Family / Private Life 10-year route on 12 January 2018, valid until 12 July 2020. The Applicant achieved or will have achieved ten years' lawful residence in the UK by DD MM YYYY. The SSHD should have considered granting the Applicant leave outside the rules due to the Applicant's long and lawful residence in the UK, notwithstanding the fact that the Applicant met all requirements for indefinite leave to remain under Appendix EU by 13 July 2020.

10.) The Applicant made an application under the EU Settlement Scheme as a person with a Zambrano right to reside on the basis that she is the primary carer of a British citizen. She currently meets the requirements of annex 1 of Appendix EU of the Immigration Rules to qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme.

11.) The SSHD’s refusal is unlawful and exceeds the remit of the Immigration Rules because the SSHD failed to apply the same requirements to all applicants in their duties to achieve an effective manner of immigration control. The Appellant respectfully submits that, in light of the above, this application for judicial review should be allowed.

12.) Options
  • Apply again to the EU Settlement Scheme for leave to remain under Appendix EU. You don't have leave to remain under Appendix FM. You were granted a derivative residence card as a Zambrano carer. If they refuse you again, you will be in the same position as Miss Suz, Olaboy, and the others. By the time you get a response, you will be able to see if they won. If Miss Suz wins, just use her bundle.
  • If you lose, just apply for indefinite leave to remain under the 10 year route.
  • Pay to change your bundle. Fix your errors and resubmit with a clear, relevant and simple grounds.
Applicant’s asylum claim was withdrawn, and applicant was granted under automatic support as this was deemed to be a family case.

Please, I don’t understand what the HO means by the above statement.

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:43 am

@ Lulubaby

This is not immigration advice but for words of encouragement, reading HO response to your case.... this is a poor attempt to sway the Judge. They did the following:

They first picked on your grammar, in future you must quote case ID clearly that you seek to rely on for example (2019 UKSC 59) that's Shah and Patel supreme court's case. Then you can point to paragraphs and extract reasonings from that case. Same for whichever regulations you seek relying on.

You MUST basically format your arguments as to why your case must succeed while pointing to what the laws say or what the regulations say or whatever the higher court say... It's not easy but it's do-able.. Home office is your opponent the Judges are the referee do not worry too much. The lower courts are bounded to what happens in higher courts, not just what HO say only...try is fix your bundle is you can.

Prove to the Judge you meet the Zambrano requirements first meaning family relationship, caring duties and so on then say why you must get your card while always pointing to what the law say.. and your source.. meaning case ID. Also recognise what HO is saying and if believe it to be wrong prove it.. how you do that? By looking on what the law say or what the regulations say.. then laying it out in front of the Judge as clear and simple as you can.. the judge will reason what both sides are saying then while also reflex on the regulations or caselaws and decided. So it's important to link your arguments properly with legal authorities by ID-ing your source and make some extraction from said sources.

Good luck..

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:44 am

@lulubaby

They trying to say you should not be allowed to rely on Shah 2019 supreme court decision. Because at the time of your application you had leave and compulsion to leave the member states was not engaged.. explain why your leave was not renewed (when the Judge look on the case it would be nice for you to state how this happened) maybe the fees was too high so you applied for your derivative right because you decided to exercise this right instead as it was more accessible at the time.

They also saying where you had already been granted a type of leave already compulsion is not there. You must now put that compulsion back.... How? Until your are granted leave again or get your Zambrano right confirmed by HO compulsion is present, as nothing stopping HO from making removal directions should they decide at a later date. You must decide and state clearly what route you seek to exercise whether it be appendix FM or ZAMBRANO... AND WHY YOU SHOULD GET IT. If you decide Zambrano you must prove you meet the requirements of the regulations to the judge and why HO view is wrong.... How? What does the regulations say? Put your case inline with what the regulations requires and keep it there.

To some degree, we know home office have been trying to tell us Zambrano carers which right to rely on here in the UK. However it's your choice ... Make a choice and put your case inline with what Zambrano requires.

For those making the switch from appendix FM and trying to exercise Zambrano, the Home office has a little upper hand in their position because you was lawful under domestic routes even when it has expired, they will argue there is no compulsion because you once previously had leave and in their views, nothing has changed. So expect this..

Slightly different for those who have never held a family route.

Try not to panic, fix your arguments if you can.. and where you are handling you case yourself understand you must make your position very clear.. if you want to exercise a Zambrano right to remain, state it clearly and put your case inline with what Zambrano wants to be confirmed... Try not to take it personally..

All cases are unique

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:35 am

We all know until you have indefinite leave to remain Zambrano is possible... That's the only time compulsion truly goes away in accordance to the regulations and support of Shah supreme court case

We all know home office telling Zambrano carers to apply domestic routes first however the regulations does not demand this action of exhausting domestic immigration options..

The supreme court did not tell Shah to apply for appendix FM.

So as long as you meet the requirements of Zambrano you should be ok but this option is now time limited so position your RESIDENCE RIGHTS AS ZAMBRANO if this is what you decide for yourself and trust the courts.

To position yourself as a Zambrano carer you will have to say this is what you are doing.... And you must ensure you meet the requirements. Only prove what Zambrano need you to prove .... Be clear this right is what you have decided to exercise then leave it to the courts..

Home office will continue to rely on outdated caselaw but it will be up to you to inform the tribunal of Shah case if this is what you decide and seek to rely on when your case involves child or children.

Expect resistance when you already have appendix FM, this is actually currently HO best response to deny you Zambrano right when you already held appendix FM even when it expired we are learning they will argue this regardless. It's not their choice however. This why Shah was successful at supreme court.

We know they made policy to refuse and point to domestic. The good news is policy is not Regulations or caselaws. Just their position.

Be concerned with the regulations and caselaws from Shah supreme court ruling. Put your case inline of that

The EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME DID NOT CREATE NEW LAWS THAT DID NOT ALREADY EXISTS CURRENTLY UNDER EU LAW. Zambrano is actually EU law, even when it's made domestic. (If it wasn't so you would not even get the application form) you would just be told apply appendix FM. Zambrano is now time limited however.

Keep strong folks

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:12 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:24 am
lolwe wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:27 am
LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:41 am
lolwe wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:22 pm
In my opinion, it is important to keep your arguments simple and short. Big bundles can hurt you.

Before you take the court's time, you should be able to articulate
  • the other side's position (in one or two sentences)
  • the background or history leading up to their perspective (in two or three paragraphs)
  • why that position is wrong (in a paragraph)
  • references in support of your position
The more you say, the more opportunities you give for the other side to attack you. Also, if you add irrelevant points, you are going to frustrate the reader; aka the judge.
Granted, I fumbled. This is a learning curve and a steep one indeed.
LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:58 am
The Respondent’s submissions...

My Quick Opinion (subject to change)

1.) The FTT determination is not binding. FTT Judge Neville is not a Supreme Court judge. Some FTT judges disagree with Judge Neville. Some Appeals Court judges disagree with Judge Neville. It is not enough to reference Judge Neville.

2.) A challenge to the lawfulness of the UK’s requirement for a person to be without leave in order to benefit from a derivative right of residence under the CJEU’s judgment in Zambrano should go before the High Court, not the Upper Tribunal.

3.) The SSHD rely on R (HC) v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (AIRE Centre intervening) [2017] UKSC 73, [2017] 3 WLR 1486 at [15] - "There is no impediment to exercising the right to reside if residence remains possible as a matter of substance, albeit that the quality of life is diminished.” You should explain that the Courts have taken a different view since this 2017 ruling.

4.) The SSHD also rely on the CJEU decision in Dereci in HC. Dereci is not applicable to single parents. In Dereci, the EU minors lived with both their EU citizen mother and their TCN father. Moreover, Dereci does not mention the child’s best interests. If the SSHD wanted to reference a relevant ruling, they should have looked to the Chávez-Vílchez decision.

5.) In the Chávez-Vílchez ruling, the children are only dependent on their TCN mother. Union citizens could invoke Article 20 TFEU against their Member State of nationality, even if they had never previously made use of their free movement rights. Member States were precluded from denying a residence right to TCN carers of national minors. Chávez-Vílchez confirms that the protection under Article 20 TFEU and the genuine enjoyment rule can be quite powerful. The decision highlights that the underlying aim of this protection is safeguarding the best interests of the EU child. Article 20 TFEU therefore does not just establish Union citizenship but also ensures the protection of the future rights of EU citizen children.

6.) The decisions of the UK Supreme Court in Shah and Patel, show the SSHD are wrong to contend that any assessment must be intrinsically linked to the availability of an alternative source of immigration status for primary carer. As Lady Arden surmises, "It follows that the Court of Appeal was wrong in this case to bring the question of the mother’s choice into the assessment of compulsion.”

7.) The SSHD was not under any obligation to provide EUSS access to beneficiaries of the CJEU’s ruling in Zambrano but decided to make provision for Zambrano carers anyway. The SSHD should apply the EUSS in a fair and logically consistent manner.

The SSHD must either revoke the EUSS leave granted under Appendix EU to any Zambrano carer who has not applied for leave to remain under Appendix FM, or who applied for leave to remain with expired leave under Appendix FM, of the SSHD should grant the Appellant leave to remain under Appendix EU. Furthermore, the Court should reject the SSHD's policy as discriminatory and irrational.

8.) The right to remain as the parent of a British child under the Immigration Rules existed before the implementation of the Zambrano right to reside. SSHD policy granted Zambrano carers a choice at the outset to apply under Appendix FM (or similar) or under the EU regulations. It was only following the Brexit vote, when the government announced publicly that all individuals who were lawfully in the country at the time of the vote to be able to remain in the country, that the SSHD changed its position to argue the Zambrano right was a 'right of last resort'.

9.) The Applicant began her lawful residence in the UK on DD MM YYYY. The Applicant gave birth to her British citizen daughter on DD MM YYYY. The Applicant was subsequently granted leave to remain under the Family / Private Life 10-year route on 12 January 2018, valid until 12 July 2020. The Applicant achieved or will have achieved ten years' lawful residence in the UK by DD MM YYYY. The SSHD should have considered granting the Applicant leave outside the rules due to the Applicant's long and lawful residence in the UK, notwithstanding the fact that the Applicant met all requirements for indefinite leave to remain under Appendix EU by 13 July 2020.

10.) The Applicant made an application under the EU Settlement Scheme as a person with a Zambrano right to reside on the basis that she is the primary carer of a British citizen. She currently meets the requirements of annex 1 of Appendix EU of the Immigration Rules to qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme.

11.) The SSHD’s refusal is unlawful and exceeds the remit of the Immigration Rules because the SSHD failed to apply the same requirements to all applicants in their duties to achieve an effective manner of immigration control. The Appellant respectfully submits that, in light of the above, this application for judicial review should be allowed.

12.) Options
  • Apply again to the EU Settlement Scheme for leave to remain under Appendix EU. You don't have leave to remain under Appendix FM. You were granted a derivative residence card as a Zambrano carer. If they refuse you again, you will be in the same position as Miss Suz, Olaboy, and the others. By the time you get a response, you will be able to see if they won. If Miss Suz wins, just use her bundle.
  • If you lose, just apply for indefinite leave to remain under the 10 year route.
  • Pay to change your bundle. Fix your errors and resubmit with a clear, relevant and simple grounds.
Thank you so much. I have no Zambrano Derivative card and had no right to appeal but because I was racing against time with an imminent deadline and needed to secure my right to work and gain enough time for my plan C to Z as regards the HO, I applied for JR.
1.) You declared yourself a Zambrano carer to the Home Office. If they do not want to believe you, that is their problem. The important thing is that you declared it via your applications.

2.) You need to decide when you became a Zambrano carer - on the day your daughter was born? something else?

3.) You should really strongly consider putting in a new application for leave to remain under Appendix EU, also known as the EU settlement scheme, before 31 December 2020.

4.) You don't appear to have any right to be in the country right now, apart from your Zambrano rights (which the Home Office refuse to recognise). You are at risk of deportation after 31 December 2020. If you make an application, they can not try to deport you.

5.) When they refuse your new application, you must appeal to the First Tier Tribunal with 14 days. Start preparing the bundle now, if you do not want to go ahead with your JR. JRs are harder to win than a challenge in the FTT against a refusal.

6.) If you were in the country legally for 2 years before your daughter was born, and your daughter is now 7 years old, that means you have been in the country legally for 10 years or close to 10 years. It is very difficult for the Home Office to win against you, because you have been in the UK legally for such a long period of time. You just have to choose the right options.

7.) Even though you are going to get a solicitor, you do not know how long that will take. You also want to be able to summarise your arguments in simple terms so the solicitor can represent you properly. Create the best possible version of your bundle. If the solicitor wants to fix it later, that is fine, too.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:19 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:50 am
Applicant’s asylum claim was withdrawn, and applicant was granted under automatic support as this was deemed to be a family case.

Please, I don’t understand what the HO means by the above statement.
They attacked your writing but this sentence is not grammatically correct or meaningful. I would quote this sentence in my skeleton argument in a casual way that is not mean spirited.

What they are possibly trying to say:
  • The Applicant's asylum claim was withdrawn.
  • The applicant was subsequently granted leave to remain as the Parent of a British citizen child.
  • The Applicant was granted leave as her case was deemed to fall under the European Convention of Human Rights Article 8.

Prettymum
United Kingdom

Post by Prettymum » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:40 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:41 am
Greatgreat wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
Thank you.
@Lulubaby, please don't be discourage. It is well

netqueen
South Africa

Post by netqueen » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:12 pm

Prettymum wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:40 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:41 am
Greatgreat wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
Thank you.
@LULUBABY, please do not be discouraged. keeping you in our prayers for success. We know the HO will try frustration at all cost but you will prevail.

silverkey
Newly Registered

Post by silverkey » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:04 am

I submit the Zambrano paper form and receive a COA.
It's now 12 months and I have not received any info from the home office.
every time it phone the settlement number they tell me my application is still processing.

Is anyone waiting 12 months and over with no-decision?
Can my MP help with the decision speed process?

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:45 am

Hi everyone, please I'd like more insight on the brexit deal. What happens with the EUSS if a deal cannot be reached by 31st? I saw on the news yesterday that they are preparing for that option now and they were only talking about trade and not immigration. I feel that the ho might have more grounds of refusal if it's a no deal!

Thanks

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:32 pm

silverkey wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:04 am
I submit the Zambrano paper form and receive a COA.
It's now 12 months and I have not received any info from the home office.
every time it phone the settlement number they tell me my application is still processing.

Is anyone waiting 12 months and over with no-decision?
Can my MP help with the decision speed process?
Action against the Home Office for unreasonable delay should begin after 6 months of waiting. Phoning the settlement number is almost certainly a waste of time. A hard Brexit is likely in a little over 2 weeks.

Parents of British children are not covered by the Withdrawal Agreement and have no guaranteed protection after 31 December 2020 - unless the Home Office agree that you were a Zambrano carer before 31 December 2020.

The Home Office often argue many people who think they are Zambrano carers are not Zambrano carers. The HO says that you are only a Zambrano carer if you applied from leave to remain under Appendix FM (not Appendix EU) and were refused.

If the Home Office do not believe you are a Zambrano carer and you do not have leave to remain under the Immigration Rules, you could be subject to deportation after 31 December 2020.
Last edited by lolwe on Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:36 pm

Greatgreat wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:45 am
Hi everyone, please I'd like more insight on the brexit deal. What happens with the EUSS if a deal cannot be reached by 31st? I saw on the news yesterday that they are preparing for that option now and they were only talking about trade and not immigration. I feel that the ho might have more grounds of refusal if it's a no deal!

Thanks
Zambrano carers are not covered by the Withdrawal Agreement or by the Brexit deal.

Zambrano carers are at the mercy of the Home Office if a deal is reached.

Zambrano carers are at the mercy of the Home Office if a deal is NOT reached.

Parliament approves the rules for Zambrano carers after 31 December 2020.

If Parliament wants to make it harder for Zambrano carers after 31 December 2020, they have the right to do so.

Europe can not and will not intervene on behalf of TCN Zambrano carers of British children who remain in the UK.

Anyone Zambrano carer who waits to resolve their status increases their risk of being deported, particularly after July 2021.

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:36 pm

lolwe wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:36 pm
Greatgreat wrote:

Thanks
Zambrano carers are not covered by the Withdrawal Agreement or by the Brexit deal.

If Parliament wants to make it harder for Zambrano carers after 31 December 2020, they have the right to do so.

Europe can not and will not intervene on behalf of TCN Zambrano carers of British children who remain in the UK.

Anyone Zambrano carer who waits to resolve their status increases their risk of being deported, particularly after July 2021.
Thanks for your response @lolwe. I presently have a drf1 appeal on going and euss application still in progress and my leave expires in exactly a week..so the pressure is really mounting for me now.

netqueen
South Africa

Post by netqueen » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:27 pm

lolwe wrote:
Greatgreat wrote:

Thanks

@lolwe, I thought Zambrano carers were covered in Appendix EU in the Statement of Changes HC1919. Reading pages 33 to 35 of that HC1919, I least that is how I read it. Unless that is not what it is.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:55 pm

netqueen wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:27 pm
lolwe wrote:
Greatgreat wrote:

Thanks

@lolwe, I thought Zambrano carers were covered in Appendix EU in the Statement of Changes HC1919. Reading pages 33 to 35 of that HC1919, I least that is how I read it. Unless that is not what it is.
Zambrano carers are also to be granted settlement under the EU Settlement Scheme. Yet, we see Zambrano carers being refused. The Home Office simply say, "you are not a Zambrano carer."

The "protection" is useless if Parliament and the Home Office get to unilaterally decide who is to be protected. Zambrano rights until 31 December 2020 are European rights and the Home Office can't easily deny you that right. After 31 December 2020, it will be much easier for the Home Office to say, "Although we offer Zambrano carers protection until July 2021, we do not consider YOU to be a Zambrano carer, for [nonsense] reasons X,Y,Z."

Some people will be fooled by that announcement and assume the Home Office will see them as a Zambrano carer - until they receive their deportation letter.