ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension financial requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Spouse visa extension financial requirements

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:18 pm

Hi all, hope you're well

Would someone be able to link me to the page with the official information re: applying for a spouse visa extension financial requirement? I keep being told information that I'm sure is inaccurate, but is nevertheless meaning a lot of paranoia as I can't seem to find any official info about the financial requirements for an extension.

If anybody can help out, it would be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa extension financial requirements

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:10 pm

Google search "appendix 1.7' and it will give you the document for the financial requirment to apply under Appendix FM.

The financial requirements for a spouse visa extension are the same as that for an initial spouse visa application.

Unclear what "inaccurate" information and by whom you are getting.

Please also conintue your questions in your existing topic you already have, or the "friends one" you started recently if it is for a friend.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:30 pm

Thanks CR001.

I'd just been advised that the extension criteria isn't the same as for the initial visa (the advice wasn't received on this board), but that's cleared up now.

I'll be mindful of starting any new topics related to existing queries, thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:34 pm

UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:30 pm
Thanks CR001.

I'd just been advised that the extension criteria isn't the same as for the initial visa (the advice wasn't received on this board), but that's cleared up now.

I'll be mindful of starting any new topics related to existing queries, thanks.
Ideally not follow that advice where you have been told that because except two years of cohabitation evidences and A2 test nothing new really is required same as Cr001 said earlier. Following is the official guidance which is applicable to all from initial spouse visa till ILR.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.