ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UAE issued Decree Absolute.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sameeraa
Newly Registered

UAE issued Decree Absolute.

Post by Sameeraa » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:53 pm

One other question, my marriage was in KSA courts with a Pakistani Citizen who was living on a work permit, and after my wife became a British citizen, we moved to UAE. the divorce took place in UAE courts as we were living on a work permit, I do have a decree absolute, my marriage was not registered in the UK. However, British home office records will show my last records as married with my then-wife, who is now divorced. I did not register the marriage in the UK.

I would like to get re-married, will the UAE court issued Decree Absolute, which has been sealed by the UAE foreign office, be acceptable evidence of my divorce. This my future spouse in Pakistan will submit as part of her application.

Do I need to have the UAE issued Decree Absolute, attested in UAE embassy in London?

Does it need to be attested by the UK foreign office?

I will be marrying a spouse in Pakistan in the coming months. Please help me with this. thank you anticipation.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: UAE issued Decree Absolute.

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:34 pm

Registering your marriage in UK is not important when you got married in KSA while being physically present there as per KSA’s law. So your marriage is considered legal in UK also. You do not have to register it.

You got divorced in UAE instead through the courts. As long you have got the decree absolute from the courts there it will be considered legal. No further attestation is required from UK.

You can re-marry from Pakistan. If you go to Pakistan and get married there as per Pakistan’s law, your marriage will be legal in UK also. You do not necessarily need to register your marriage in UK for it to stand legal in UK in this case either.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:44 pm

I think this is one of the hardest query to be dealt with exact answer unless fortuitously someone has undergone the same predicament or is well versed with the family matters of that state. However, criterions over believability of an overseas divorce and marriage in the eyes of UK authorities can be gleaned from the following guidance and further google search:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rriage.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rces-set13
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:52 pm

The previous guidance shared by the user applies when you are married in UK and get divorced outside UK. You will have no issues.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:01 pm

For reading the previously supplied pertinent guidance one shouldn't perfunctorily start gaslighting because it does contain very conspicuous information about the overseas marriages and divorce as well. Nowhere it has been mentioned at earlier that op's marriage wouldn't be considered rather what UK authorities expect. Any further reply would only be given to op.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:06 pm

The previous user always comes back with confusing arguments and interpretations as always. Repeats the same advice at several occasions.

I would politely request the previous user to not make an ego issue out of it. And the moderators to please take notice.

I can link at least 6/7 topics where the previous user has unnecessarily repeated the SAME advice (in last 2 days) as he takes it an ego issue when ever someone posts in the family immigration forum especially.

I hope the moderators can take notice of previous user’s constant behaviour AGAIN thank you :)

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:06 pm
The previous user always comes back with confusing arguments and interpretations as always. Repeats the same advice at several occasions.
Couldn't agree more.

The user has said any further reply will be to the OP. Probably fair to hold them to that.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:38 pm

Korekt wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:35 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:06 pm
Couldn't agree more.

The user has said any further reply will be to the OP. Probably fair to hold them to that.
Thank you @Korekt for speaking up. I hope moderators can take it into account more seriously now. I deal with the previous user on daily basis - same behaviour. I also see how you also have to put with with the previous user at several occasions where he simply repeats the advice or just mentions some confusing interpretations which is unnecessary even when advice is correct.

Please report your threads to the moderators so they can look into it.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:43 pm

Many thanks for the precious feedbacks of both posters who are kindly requested not to make the forum a battlefield rather simply assist others with the spirit of listening others comments too. Both official guidance have been given so that alongside our personal opinions the op weigh up his own case as well. All the best and looking forward a real sense of realism. Anyways I have already reported to moderators about the previous user constant attitude of condescending.
Last edited by seagul on Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:44 pm

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:47 pm

I really can't understand the previous user who almost chime out to every thread even interrupt other model gurus and then feel that someone is following him. That user write everywhere and when somebody write there then complain.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:51 pm

Korekt wrote:
And here I was thinking we could hold the user to their word.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:52 pm

Korekt wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:51 pm
Korekt wrote:
And here I was thinking we could hold the user to their word.
Exactly. I hope moderators will take notice and see it is the previous USER who has issues with so many not only myself including a couple moderators too. The behaviour is constant.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:58 pm

Well I have no issue with anyone rather only over those who are the catalyst of misinformation like in above thread to a pertinent guidance they are challenging with their hazy opinion which luckily didn't receive a claim as the same happened with their friend/relative done earlier to make it valid.

I think its enough and request to moderator to kindly have a word this user. Good night.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:10 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:34 pm
Registering your marriage in UK is not important when you got married in KSA while being physically present there as per KSA’s law. So your marriage is considered legal in UK also. You do not have to register it.

You got divorced in UAE instead through the courts. As long you have got the decree absolute from the courts there it will be considered legal. No further attestation is required from UK.

You can re-marry from Pakistan. If you go to Pakistan and get married there as per Pakistan’s law, your marriage will be legal in UK also. You do not necessarily need to register your marriage in UK for it to stand legal in UK in this case either.
Under the Family Law Act 1986 an overseas divorce obtained by means of judicial or other proceedings is recognised in the UK only if:

it is effective under the law of the country in which it was obtained; and
at the relevant date (that is, the date on which proceedings were begun), either party was either habitually resident or domiciled in that country or was a national of that country.
OP’s divorce happened in UAE (United Arab Emirates) when OP was resident/working in UAE, for the knowledge of previous user. As per UAE law expats can apply for divorce in UAE courts also. AND it is recognised in UK. I would suggest the previous user to abstain from answering with assumptions before doing his proper research if he is not aware of a subject matter rather throwing guidance refuting previous correct advice. Cheers.

Hope the previous user can find the exact answer ;)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:40 am

Thanks fully the previous poster now referred to some official guidance after primarily throwing in air his own randomised theory...yippy. But still I would like to advice him for future as well that whenever any theory/link is being given then at least take a time to digest it as should have been happened as above where the following key area was tried to illuminate through the guidance for which the previous poster said that it is only for those who married in UK but divorced in abroad that is outwrightly off the beam. The guidance which was provided previously contain exquisitely different regulations of overseas divorces & marriages by country wise alongside what UK immigration authorities want:
2.5 Marriage accepted for immigration purposes
2.5.1 In most cases where the marriage has been accepted for immigration purposes it
will be safe to assume that a foreign marriage is valid in our law. However the case
should be referred to NPSCU (EOP2) who will, if necessary, make further enquiries if,
for example, it appears that:
• the marriage was a church marriage in a Muslim country; or
• it was a religious or a customary marriage which has not been registered with the
civil authorities of the country in which it was celebrated; or
• either of the partners was clearly not domiciled in the country where the marriage
took place and, under the law of the country of domicile, the type of marriage
entered into would not be valid; or
• a previous marriage was ended by a divorce obtained in a different country from
the one where the marriage, which it purports to dissolve, was celebrated, and
neither spouse was:
i. habitually resident in the country where the divorce was obtained; or
ii. a national of the country where the divorce was obtained; or
iii. domiciled in the country where the divorce was obtained (see
DIVORCE).(For this purpose each State of the United States of America
is regarded as a separate country); or
• it is a "common law" marriage (see paragraph 10 below)
2.5.2 UKPS maintains an index of cases in which it has been decided that:
a. a marriage is not valid for immigration purposes, and
b. a certificate of entitlement to the right of abode has, instead, been issued to a child of
the couple on the basis that he or she benefits under s.1 of the Legitimacy Act (see
LEGITIMACY)
Note: Previous poster at previously nowhere was said of being incorrect rather only an attempt was made as what actually the UK immigration expects from an overseas divorce and marriage which unfortunately he obliviously took as negative. In last, a gentle reminder to that poster, that if a post where you have written and others are also writing then never think by default that others are doing so as a warfare rather even are doing so to reinforce his own theory.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:27 am

I think this is one of the hardest query to be dealt with exact answer unless fortuitously someone has undergone the same predicament or is well versed with the family matters of that state. However, criterions over believability of an overseas divorce and marriage in the eyes of UK authorities can be gleaned from the following guidance and further google search
I am glad that previous user has acknowledged that I knew the answer to a question which user considered “one of the hardest query” and his knowledge is increased with the “exact answer” now.

I would urge the moderators to please take notice as this user’s majority advice is based on “maybe” assumptions/repeat advice and confrontation with other users.

I would suggest the user takes some time to digest the correct advice/opinion by someone else before throwing some unknown guidance user has no knowledge of, in fact, in pursuit of finding the false “exact answer.”

As previously stated, the user keeps arguing even when user has no knowledge of the subject matter.

User’s another assumption that someone else’s correct advice was “randomised theory in the air.”

I would like to flag this post for moderators kind attention. Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:37 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:52 pm
The previous guidance shared by the user applies when you are married in UK and get divorced outside UK. You will have no issues.

I am also leaving on moderators and other wider audience to see as above where the previous poster hazy judgement over a pertinent official guidance who later for escaping humiliation over accepting his mistake took the matter personal by cementing his endearment with other poster to curtain up his negligence.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:38 am

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:45 am

I wish our other beautiful genuine modelled gurus such as alterhase58 & Zerubbabel and hundreds of others whose posts are chimed out by the previous poster most often should also be flagged. Those posts are so many which I cannot really point out but I wish from moving forward that poster must be edified over ethicality which I tried but failed.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:45 am

For kind attention of moderators
In respect of my blue badge, I would stop here and rest my case with all the moderators. Hope the tone of the user and “maybe” assumptions will bring justice to the matter.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:49 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:37 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:52 pm

I am also leaving on moderators and other wider audience to see as above where the previous poster hazy judgement over a pertinent official guidance who later for escaping humiliation over accepting his mistake took the matter personal by cementing his endearment with other poster to curtain up his negligence.
I am off now but leaving on moderator and other audience to clearly see that previous poster was wrong with his assertion as per above. Definitely no answer over it henceforth.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:07 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:44 pm
I think this is one of the hardest query to be dealt with exact answer unless fortuitously someone has undergone the same predicament or is well versed with the family matters of that state. However, criterions over believability of an overseas divorce and marriage in the eyes of UK authorities can be gleaned from the following guidance and further google search:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rces-set13
See also Divorce Overseas.

Partners, divorce and dissolution.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sameeraa
Newly Registered

Post by Sameeraa » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:25 pm

Thank you, so much for your efforts, in giving me advice, and referencing the appropriate law. I sought from others and some said I need to apply in the UK for a civil divorce petition, some said I needed to attest the UAE decree absolute. however, your response seems appropriate.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:43 pm

Sameeraa wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:25 pm
Thank you, so much for your efforts, in giving me advice, and referencing the appropriate law. I sought from others and some said I need to apply in the UK for a civil divorce petition, some said I needed to attest the UAE decree absolute. however, your response seems appropriate.
Good luck 😉