ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode from Pakistan

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

walkingintherain
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Right of Abode from Pakistan

Post by walkingintherain » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:08 am

Dear friends,
Does anyone know how long it takes now a days for the Right of Abode application from Pakistan please?
I recently applied for my baby from Pakistan but not sure how long to wait more, its been a month so far.
I saw it on the blog somewhere that a british passport application for the baby from pakistan will take 8/9 months while the ROA route will just take a few weeks, thats why I went for this route.
I'm a naturalised british citizen and my baby was born in Pakistan afterwards. My wife is on UK dependant visa.
Your info would be much appreciated.
cheers

walkingintherain
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: Right of Abode from Pakistan

Post by walkingintherain » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:38 am

Dear friends & gurus,
it's been two months since I applied for the right of abode for my kid from pakistan and still no answer.
I have heard on this blog here that it is a faster route than British passport & some of the users got the result within a few weeks.
Do you guys think my two months wait is normal please?
or is it because I did not provide my naturalisation certificate as I could not find it in my house at that time. i provided the invitation letter for cirizenship ceremony & passport approval instead.?? I do have my naturalisation certificate now though.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:03 am

A CoE-RoA application can take between six and sixteen weeks (about four months). So be patient.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

walkingintherain
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by walkingintherain » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:22 am

Thanks for the reply sir,
What if I withdraw the application & reapply again plz? as some applicants received the decision in 2/3 weeks.
Actually I submitted a long list of unnecessary (not-required) documents as suggested by one of the users here.
I was away for nearly a year so my bank statment was not good (that might be creating a problem or may be my job letter which was genuin but not impressive), & also I did not submit my naturalisation certificate.
Now I do have the naturalisation certificate.
your thoughts on these will be much appreciated 🙏