ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long it takes the BRP to arrive now a days?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

walkingintherain
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

How long it takes the BRP to arrive now a days?

Post by walkingintherain » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:39 am

Dear friends,
My wife arrived in the UK a week ago but just wondering how long it takes the BRP to arrive please?
Also the post office we nominated for the BRP collection has ceased to exist, is there a way to inform the home office about it? or any other alternative please?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: How long it takes the BRP to arrive now a days?

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:54 am

walkingintherain wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:39 am
Dear friends,
My wife arrived in the UK a week ago but just wondering how long it takes the BRP to arrive please?
Also the post office we nominated for the BRP collection has ceased to exist, is there a way to inform the home office about it? or any other alternative please?
Since it is the first one, It does not arrive at your address rather to be picked up at nominated Post Office, so not a function of how long it takes to arrive.
Since your nominated Post Office is closed, you may want to find out from HO write to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

Below is a thread about BRP matters.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/brp- ... P#p1966716

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:41 pm

walkingintherain wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:39 am
or any other alternative please?
If your Post Office branch is closed because of coronavirus (COVID-19), your BRP will be stored safely until it reopens. Contact your Post Office for more information.
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

walkingintherain
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by walkingintherain » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:43 pm

Thank you guys.. much appreciated,
I informed the UKBA on the links above, lets see what/when they answer back. ✌️

walkingintherain
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: How long does it take the BRP to arrive?

Post by walkingintherain » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:05 pm

Somebody please advise 🙏
a full review of my case..
👉My wife first settlement visa was approved in March2020 from pakistan..
👉But she did not travel to the UK for personal reasons,
👉A new Visa Vignette was issued on 01/09/2020 as previous one expired, the current visa vignette will expire on 29/12/2020
👉Arrived in the UK on 18/11/2020
👉Tried to check our BRP at the post office after quarantine period
👉shocked to know that our nominated post office for BRP collection has ceased to trade in March2020
👉Contacted UKBA quite a few times in the last one week to inform them of the post office closure & BRP delivery
👉have tried the links for "problems with collecting BRP" and "if the BRP has not arrived" on the gov.uk website
👉called on a couple of UKBA's numbers as well but no satisfactory answer
👉No response from them so far

Could any guru advise please, what is the best course of action as this waiting game is killing us..

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:40 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:41 pm
If your Post Office branch is closed because of coronavirus (COVID-19), your BRP will be stored safely until it reopens. Contact your Post Office for more information.
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect
Speak to the post office's central customer service.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

walkingintherain
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by walkingintherain » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:30 am

Thanks for your advise seagul,
I called the post office yesterday but the respodent told me that as my nominated post office has permanantly closed down, my BRP might have been returned back to the sender & therefore, I should better speak to the sender🙄
A postman told me that all the BRP's of my nominated post office(permanantly closed) are being redirected automatically to another nearby post office, I went there too yesterday but our BRP was not there.
I sent a letter to the BRP deliveries & collection center in Bristol yesterday as suggested by another user on the immigration board.
any other course of action you suggest please? 🙏

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:39 pm

walkingintherain wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:30 am
I called the post office yesterday but the respodent told me that as my nominated post office has permanantly closed down, my BRP might have been returned back to the sender & therefore, I should better speak to the sender🙄
A postman told me that all the BRP's of my nominated post office(permanantly closed) are being redirected automatically to another nearby post office, I went there too yesterday but our BRP was not there.
I sent a letter to the BRP deliveries & collection center in Bristol yesterday as suggested by another user on the immigration board.
In that case you would have to keep chasing your BRP card with UKVI I am afraid because priorly I was thinking of its probably be handed in to another nearest post office.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:36 pm

walkingintherain wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:30 am
The actions you have taken are options that are available. Do remember about getting a contact with HO by email too, lodging it as a complaint.

walkingintherain
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by walkingintherain » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:26 am

Thanks for the replies sirs..
just wondering what if my spouse leaves the country now without having the BRP (we have an emergency back home) .... I will keep chasing it for her....and then she comes back for the BRP's collection once it arrives at the post office? will there be any issue at the airport you think plz?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:15 am

walkingintherain wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:26 am
just wondering what if my spouse leaves the country now without having the BRP (we have an emergency back home) .... I will keep chasing it for her....and then she comes back for the BRP's collection once it arrives at the post office? will there be any issue at the airport you think plz?

The visa vignette sticker on passport is for entry and to enable pick up of brp card. If you notice, the vignette validity is limited. The brp card carries the full details and extent/validity of the visa route settlement.
Pre covid-19 brp card is to be picked up within certain times after entering UK. The allowance for this under peculiar atmosphere not really known.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:16 am

walkingintherain wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:26 am
Howling will spouse travel for and how long left on vignette

walkingintherain
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by walkingintherain » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:49 am

The vignitte will expire on 29th december..
We already got an entry stamp on this vignette .. I am not sure if the re-entry on the same vignette will be easy or what the entry clearance officer will ask again.
Also not sure about the home coutry's exit officer..

slktred
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by slktred » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:13 pm

walkingintherain wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:49 am
The vignitte will expire on 29th december..
We already got an entry stamp on this vignette .. I am not sure if the re-entry on the same vignette will be easy or what the entry clearance officer will ask again.
Also not sure about the home coutry's exit officer..
Hi, I am now in the same situation with collection post office closed. can you advise how you resolved your situation?