ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Agencies

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robdylan

Good Agencies

Post by robdylan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:23 am

I've had it up to here with my Work Permit and am now resolved to get onto Tier 1 ASAP. I score around 85 or so, so it shouldn't be complicated, but I want to use a good agency to ensure success.

Can anyone recommend anyone?

NutanRaj

Re: Good Agencies

Post by NutanRaj » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:31 am

robdylan wrote:I've had it up to here with my Work Permit and am now resolved to get onto Tier 1 ASAP. I score around 85 or so, so it shouldn't be complicated, but I want to use a good agency to ensure success.

Can anyone recommend anyone?
you can try on your own...
or contact me on raj.nutan@yahoo.com for list of agencies who are doing the visa processing...

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:36 pm

I'm looking into using Breytenbachs, since I'm South African. Does anybody have any opinions about their services?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Don't get carried away with the notion that (good) agencies can *ensure* success! Even if we assume that it is possible, then why can't you (ensure your own success) - after all, it is your application and your documents / evidences!! Tier 1 isn't rocket science!

And who certifies an agency as "good" or "bad"?

Just a thought!

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:25 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Don't get carried away with the notion that (good) agencies can *ensure* success! Even if we assume that it is possible, then why can't you (ensure your own success) - after all, it is your application and your documents / evidences!! Tier 1 isn't rocket science!

Just a thought!

regards
Fair enough, but I'm a busy man and really can't afford to get this one wrong. Also, I see there are agencies that guarantee success? That can't be bad, can it? I mean, it's about having an immigration lawyer that knows the ropes, right?

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:09 pm

robdylan wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Don't get carried away with the notion that (good) agencies can *ensure* success! Even if we assume that it is possible, then why can't you (ensure your own success) - after all, it is your application and your documents / evidences!! Tier 1 isn't rocket science!

Just a thought!

regards
Fair enough, but I'm a busy man and really can't afford to get this one wrong. Also, I see there are agencies that guarantee success? That can't be bad, can it? I mean, it's about having an immigration lawyer that knows the ropes, right?
I would suggest go ahead with any good agency who give you gurantee, normally gurantee is based on documents which you provide them and their knowledge as immigration lawyers. Make sure get a money back gurantee certificate ;) Good luck.
Kaff

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:07 pm

Kaff wrote:
I would suggest go ahead with any good agency who give you gurantee, normally gurantee is based on documents which you provide them and their knowledge as immigration lawyers. Make sure get a money back gurantee certificate ;) Good luck.
Anyone have any ideas about what consitutes a fair "fee"... I have seen it range between £600 and £1200...

NutanRaj

Post by NutanRaj » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:36 am

robdylan wrote:
Kaff wrote:
Anyone have any ideas about what consitutes a fair "fee"... I have seen it range between £600 and £1200...
Some agencies in india are charging no win-no fee base....
Hope at your place also you can find such agencies

Post by 1971 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:15 pm

Hi Robdylan,

It doesnt matter where you come from. The most important thing is to take your time and read through the Guidance Notes and whenever, you are not clear with, ask the senior members/Gurus/Newbies on this forum and they can put you in the right direction. Some of the agencies dont know more than most people on this forum.But if you think you dont have the 'time' for your future as stated in your last mail,then toy with.

My advice is that you save your money and try as hard as you can to look through the requirements of the Gudidance notes and have a clearer understanding of what you want to go into.

Only Home Office can GUARANTEE your application approval, not even the best immigration agency in the UK.

Members, sorry about his tone, please lets help one another to get to the TOP whenever we can.

Cheers.

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:56 pm

1971 wrote:
Members, sorry about his tone, please lets help one another to get to the TOP whenever we can.

Sorry - can you explain exactly what you mean by that? Surely it's my right to follow whichever route I choose? I'm sorry if you feel I've offended you or called your knowledge into doubt, in some way, but at the end of the day free advice is only going to get you so far, right? Are YOU going to be accountable to me if I follow your advice and my application fails?

Post by 1971 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:39 pm

Hi Robdylan,

An eye for an eye will make the whole world go blind.

Cheers

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:27 pm

you can look at TNT magazine, they have a whole list of agencies there. I think all agencies win cases and lose cases so its difficult to pick the best one. Just make sure they have a no win no fee policy, are reputable, registered, and have a high success rate.

Personally, if i were South African and decided to go with an agency i would go with Breytenbachs as well.

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:51 pm

JESSIES wrote:you can look at TNT magazine, they have a whole list of agencies there. I think all agencies win cases and lose cases so its difficult to pick the best one. Just make sure they have a no win no fee policy, are reputable, registered, and have a high success rate.

Personally, if i were South African and decided to go with an agency i would go with Breytenbachs as well.
I'm sure they have a good reputation, but man, their fees are almost double what other guys want to charge.

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:52 pm

1971 wrote:Hi Robdylan,

An eye for an eye will make the whole world go blind.

Cheers
You ever heard the term "nonsequitur"?

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:15 pm

hey robdylan

Yes there fees are really high! The cheapest I located was Fastukpermit for about £490 but i am not sure if they post it for you. You could call them, they are in Bayswater

I personally would not go with firstcontact because they don't have solicitors or JPs in the firm, just people who fill in the form. I think that if you are going to pay for someone to do it, then at least have lawyers and solicitors in the firm. But that's just my opinion.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:19 pm

what you could also do it fill the form in yourself and get an agency to check it, its about £200 for the service. Then you send it off yourself.

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:07 pm

JESSIES wrote:hey robdylan

Yes there fees are really high! The cheapest I located was Fastukpermit for about £490 but i am not sure if they post it for you. You could call them, they are in Bayswater

I personally would not go with firstcontact because they don't have solicitors or JPs in the firm, just people who fill in the form. I think that if you are going to pay for someone to do it, then at least have lawyers and solicitors in the firm. But that's just my opinion.
FastUKPermit's fees have gone up to over £600...