ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 for child - Require review of the questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 for child - Require review of the questions

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:19 pm

Note this is a generic form. You can always clarify something which is not relevant to you in the cover letter. It is not necessary to fill or provide everything asked in the checklist either. Some items are mandatory and some are optional. So do not worry. Fill the best you can do. For PBS dep extension you need very basis documents anyways.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:34 pm

Many Thanks Cullinan!!

Yes - I have filled almost 80% details - with only exception to Medical Treatment details that I am not aware of. I have dropped an email to GP however I am not sure whether I will get all details.

Thats the only worry point right now - rest are all easily available details from passport, bills etc.

Any guidance on medical related question - If I donot get details from GP or dentist, then shall I mention this in cover letter and say 'No' in the online form?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:39 pm

Just select NO and clarify in the cover letter. Mention you do not have the exact details. HO will request if needed (very is VERY unlikely).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:52 pm

Thanks - I think thats the only option if I donot receive the details on Monday from GP.

Related to ILR question, whether wife has ILR - I have said 'YES' & mentioned - UAN no (I have not received actual BRP card though received ILR approval email & BRP card delivery related email) - hope this is ok?

However in wife's BRP details - I have mentioned her current BRP number. Hope this is ok?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:57 pm

pray4all wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:52 pm
Thanks - I think thats the only option if I donot receive the details on Monday from GP.

Related to ILR question, whether wife has ILR - I have said 'YES' & mentioned - UAN no (I have not received actual BRP card though received ILR approval email & BRP card delivery related email) - hope this is ok?

No email attachment is needed. Just clarify this bit in the cover letter and provide wife’s ILR BRP copy with your documents before biometrics. Biometrics these days take around 28 days usually so you have enough time

However in wife's BRP details - I have mentioned her current BRP number. Hope this is ok?
Fine. For now to answer the question its okay. Clarification in the cover letter with ILR BRP details will be sufficient

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:16 pm

Just to provide clarity - I am entering below details.

Under The person you are joining

1. Do you have current BRP - YES
2. Enter BRP # - CURRENT TIER 2 BRP #

3. Do you have any of Home office reference numbers - Yes, I have UAN
4 UAN No - <actual UAN #>

5. Does wife has ILR or British citizenship - YES

and Then during document submission - in cover letter, I will explain that while filling I have entered Tier 2 BRP & UAN # of approved ILR whereas afterwards I have received actual ILR BRP card.

Kindly confirm

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:18 pm

Thats fine. No issues.

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:18 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:39 pm
Just select NO and clarify in the cover letter. Mention you do not have the exact details. HO will request if needed (very is VERY unlikely).
Dear Cullinan,

Just a second thought - if tomorrow I donot receive medical records from GP, then to complete the form:

option 1 - I select 'No' in medical treatment question & explain in cover letter that " I donot recall the duration when I have received the treatment in UK for myself & the the child in the past 5 years and hence selected 'No' for this question. I am on Tier 2 dependant & have paid my IHS and hence I am considered as Ordinary resident. Being Ordinary resident, I am eligible for all free GP consultations, A&E and in/out treatments. I have paid for all my prescriptions in the pharmacy.

Regarding my child -Since he is less than 16 years old, he is eligible for all free consultations, medical treatment and hence fall under NHS exemption"

Option 2 - I select 'Yes' for both myself & kid AND then put the start date as 'start of visa' and end date as 'end date of visa' and select option that I have paid for the treatments.
Then explain in cover latter with the same what I have written in option 1.

Whats your suggestion? I donot intend to put incorrect information & donot want to put he application under scrutiny.

This is the first time they have included this question within dependant application - could there be any specific reason?? or is it more tightened scrutiny?

I have seen the question & answers in this forum however this has been more pertaining for whenever someone has come on visitor visa - and obviously they have to pay.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:23 pm

Option 2 looks good.

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:45 pm

sorry for another question - there was one question around how long you have stayed in UK?
I answered it as 5 yrs since this is continuous stay period since I am here since 2015 however switched visa in between to become depenadant. This whole duration has been on Tier2 itself.

So should it be start date for medical treatment as 2015 or last grant visa start date ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:03 pm

pray4all wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:45 pm
sorry for another question - there was one question around how long you have stayed in UK?
I answered it as 5 yrs since this is continuous stay period since I am here since 2015 however switched visa in between to become depenadant. This whole duration has been on Tier2 itself.

So should it be start date for medical treatment as 2015 or last grant visa start date ?
I think the continuous period question is based on the application itself. What is the actual quetsion?

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:51 pm

One of the question asked in the form is - "How long have you lived in the UK?" - I answered as 5 years since I was earlier on Tier2 ICT & then switched to become dependant to my wife later.

Now regarding medical treatment questions:
a. Have you ever been given medical treatment in the UK -YES

b. Were you told that you had to pay the hospital, clinic or doctor's surgery for your medical treatment? YES / NO ?? - What shall I select here?? (never paid in doctor surgery whereas paid prescriptions in pharmacy)

c. Start date of treatment - should this be <start date of when I entered UK on Tier2 ICT> OR <date when I switched to PBS Dependant> ???

d. end date of treatment - <end date of BRP>

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:53 pm

pray4all wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:51 pm
One of the question asked in the form is - "How long have you lived in the UK?" - I answered as 5 years since I was earlier on Tier2 ICT & then switched to become dependant to my wife later.
Does it question state that this is based on this application only or not?

b. Were you told that you had to pay the hospital, clinic or doctor's surgery for your medical treatment? YES / NO ?? - What shall I select here?? (never paid in doctor surgery whereas paid prescriptions in pharmacy)

c. Start date of treatment - should this be <start date of when I entered UK on Tier2 ICT> OR <date when I switched to PBS Dependant> ???

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:01 pm

This question comes as a generic question under 'Personal Information' header. There is no further elaboration.

how should I insert screenshot in this portal- which button?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:03 pm

pray4all wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:01 pm
This question comes as a generic question under 'Personal Information' header. There is no further elaboration.

how should I insert screenshot in this portal- which button?
Attachments
33B7A764-A295-4E7B-9319-763F2F40AB2F.jpeg
33B7A764-A295-4E7B-9319-763F2F40AB2F.jpeg (113.21 KiB) Viewed 602 times

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:14 pm

Seems like this privilege is not available to general member - I cannot see any attachment tab post reply.

It must be only available to gurus/moderators only.

While exporting draft pdf -its comes under the below header

---------------------------------------
Personal Information
-----------------------------------------
Name
Provide address
Relationship status?
DOB
POB
Driving License
Medical treatment section
then further questions around medical treatment
Telephone No
Where do you use telephone no
How long you have lived in UK?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:53 pm
pray4all wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:51 pm
Correct

Answer:NO

I think this question will not appear after you select no to previous question?

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:46 pm

This is linked to whether you have received treatment & hence comes again despite one selects 'No' for payment - I suppose I would need to answer when I gained entry clearance. No harm even if they check because I have always paid for the prescriptions & hence no NHS debt.

Even if I select Yes for whether you were told to pay - I suppose I would be ok since I have paid for all prescriptions.

For child I will surely select - No for sure since he is NHS exempt (less than 16 yrs)

Frustrating form to be honest !!

Many Thank for your support Cullinan - appreciate your help :)
I am bit surprised nobody else has asked these questions in the form - seems I am the fist one to encounter Dependant form :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:53 pm

It is very new as Skilled Worker Visa was rolled out on 1st Dec only.

To be honest, you have better sight of the sequence. Answer as you deem fit. Trust me these answers will have NO impact on your application.

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:13 pm

fingers crossed - you have been a great support - thank you so much :)

my only frustration has been this new design of dependant form is associated with all those categories of visa where i assume IHS would be applicable & hence the questions are irrelevant.

These cases are more relevant to probably if someone initially had come as visitor & then switched over to dependant OR may have some impact to EEA nationals (due to brexit) :?

NHS also does not have any application or service where one can get a visibility of previous GP trips/treatments so very difficult for a 'ordinary resident' to keep a track of all these.

Anyway thanks again - I will fill as it seems appropriate. Cheers

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:49 pm

Hi Cullinan,

Just for your information & everyone else benefit - you were right regarding question to whether 'you have asked to pay for any medical treatment in hospital or GP' - we need to select 'NO' otherwise within other documents section it asks for proof that you have paid for treatment.

Hence I will select - NO and mention in cover letter that I pay for prescriptions & not for treatments.

Thanks

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:45 am

HI Cullinan,

I submitted my Tier2 PBS Dependant application yesterday - online application form references the payment made and has now landed me into next page 'Further Actions'.

I have however not received any confirmation/ acknowledgment email yet :shock: - the transaction in bank account is still in pending. Speaking to bank - they say there is no issue from their side, merchant (UKVI) has yet not picked the payment.

1. Will I receive confirmation email post the payment is picked by UKVI?

2. Will I be able to book the appointment with UKVCAS only once I have received the email or can I directly go from online application & then register for UKVCAS (though payment is still in progress)?

3. What will be considered as submission date? (my visa expiry was yesterday) so will this be application submission date or when payment is deducted? - on online form & pdf, it references the payment amount.

4. I tried to register UKVCAS, however didnot receive any access code - is it due to the fact that I have yet not received any confirmation email?

Request for your advise on urgent basis.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:45 am

pray4all wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:45 am
HI Cullinan,

I submitted my Tier2 PBS Dependant application yesterday - online application form references the payment made and has now landed me into next page 'Further Actions'.

I have however not received any confirmation/ acknowledgment email yet :shock: - the transaction in bank account is still in pending. Speaking to bank - they say there is no issue from their side, merchant (UKVI) has yet not picked the payment.

Did you not receive a payment confirmation email that the payment is successful?

2. Will I be able to book the appointment with UKVCAS only once I have received the email or can I directly go from online application & then register for UKVCAS (though payment is still in progress)?
You can book an appointment right away after submission creating an account on UKVCAS

3. What will be considered as submission date? (my visa expiry was yesterday) so will this be application submission date or when payment is deducted? - on online form & pdf, it references the payment amount.
Date of application is the date you pay and submit online

4. I tried to register UKVCAS, however didnot receive any access code - is it due to the fact that I have yet not received any confirmation email?
Check junk folder

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:01 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:45 am
pray4all wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:45 am
HI Cullinan,

Did you not receive a payment confirmation email that the payment is successful?

No - I have not received any payment confirmation email - though online form mentions payment amount and payment reference number. I have checked the bank account and it is under pending status.

You can book an appointment right away after submission creating an account on UKVCAS

It allows me to go to UKVCAS from further actions tab however it directly lands me to login page rather than registration page (so that I can receive access code)

Date of application is the date you pay and submit online

What does it mean - I have submitted form & paid yesterday - there is a transaction ref number in my pdf copy. however payment is yet to be debited - so will this be yesterday or when payment is cleared?
(my BRP expires yesterday)

Check junk folder

Yes - checked junk /spam - verified the registered email address to make sure I have referenced correct - NO EMAIL

What needs to be done now?? :?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:18 am

Firstly, why did you leave it to the last visa expiry day to submit your application? :shock:

Do you have a completed PDF form? If it gives the payment reference you are okay but you should have received a payment confirmation email that your payment has been successful OR your payment has been unsuccessful.

If you say, you have the payment reference number on the completed form including the date/time stamp, looks like your payment is successful - maybe pre authorisation but not yet claimed by UKVI?

This is an unusual situation. Usually, you are able to create an account on UKVCAS right away after submission. Are you pressing the “book an appointment” on your UKVI account? What happens then? No access code is sent? Did you use the same registered email for any other application? Do you use gmail?

Try going to UKVCAS (not UKVI) and press forget password link. It should let you register then?