ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance fund issues

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kxt
Philippines

Maintenance fund issues

Post by Kxt » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:35 am

I am currently a nurse and just had my ILR through PBS tier 2 last March 2020.
My husband is with me here in the UK but his visa is due to expire this January 2021 as he was on my previous Tier 2 PBS visa.

Problem is when we are about to apply I saw the maintenance fund requirement of £630 in 90 days at any given day. I honestly didn’t know about the maintenance fund before until i saw it. We are both working here and been able to support ourselves but due to pandemic we are sending remittances as well back home so there are days that the balance would go below £630. Do you think HO will consider this at this difficult time? Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance fund issues

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:41 pm

If you can't meet the requirement then alternatively he can switch into spouse visa with a new ILR clock.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Kxt
Philippines

Post by Kxt » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:45 pm

Will this be applicable even if i obtained IlR via 5yr Pbs route? Also he is only a year and 4 months here in uk. Your reply would be greatly appreciated!

Kxt
Philippines

Post by Kxt » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:51 pm

Your reply guys would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:45 pm

Kxt wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:45 pm
Will this be applicable even if i obtained IlR via 5yr Pbs route? Also he is only a year and 4 months here in uk. Your reply would be greatly appreciated!
Yes & yes
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Kxt
Philippines

Post by Kxt » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:57 pm

Thank you so much for your kind reply. What form shall i use?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:58 pm

Kxt wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:57 pm
Thank you so much for your kind reply. What form shall i use?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flr-m

Kxt
Philippines

Post by Kxt » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:01 pm

Thanks! Won’t they question me why did i use this instead of the PBS dependent extension?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:13 pm

Kxt wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:01 pm
Thanks! Won’t they question me why did i use this instead of the PBS dependent extension?
No

Kxt
Philippines

Post by Kxt » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:20 pm

The only downfall would be IlR clock would be reset right? But i think it should be okay if he is only here for a year and 4 months.

Also, is it just the payslip and my salary that I need to send? As proof of income? Thanks so much u are such a great help!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:43 pm

Kxt wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:20 pm
The only downfall would be IlR clock would be reset right? But i think it should be okay if he is only here for a year and 4 months.

Also, is it just the payslip and my salary that I need to send? As proof of income? Thanks so much u are such a great help!!
Read the following links to know as what actually is required:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dyp0u_oakI

Kxt
Philippines

Post by Kxt » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:01 pm

You have been really helpful! I will go ahed now for my application for him. Thanks a lot!!!

Kxt
Philippines

Post by Kxt » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:30 am

Hello, sorry to bother. I need your help on this. It says on the requirements that it needs to have a least 2 yrs that you have been living together for flr(m)? Is that true? I got my husband from Philippines under tier 2 general pbs dependant and he has been here only for 1 yr and 4 months. But we have proof that since our wedding day we have in constant communication until I got him here in the UK and we live together ever since and that is total of 1yr and 4 mos. I need your help pls. Is that gonna be okay? Also is it okay to use flr(m) from tier 2 general visa dependent?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:44 pm

Kxt wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:30 am
Hello, sorry to bother. I need your help on this. It says on the requirements that it needs to have a least 2 yrs that you have been living together for flr(m)? Is that true? I got my husband from Philippines under tier 2 general pbs dependant and he has been here only for 1 yr and 4 months. But we have proof that since our wedding day we have in constant communication until I got him here in the UK and we live together ever since and that is total of 1yr and 4 mos. I need your help pls. Is that gonna be okay? Also is it okay to use flr(m) from tier 2 general visa dependent?
2 years of cohabitation evidences aren't needed for initial phase of spouse visa (FLRM). Yes flrm form would be relevant in your circumstances to switch into partner route.

Kxt
Philippines

Post by Kxt » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:14 pm

Thank you so much! So this is good news!

Also, just to clarify again that I can do this FLR(M) route even if I got my ILR from being tier 2 as a nurse from 5yr route right? I just wanna make sure. I am doing this FLR(M) because we failed the 90day maintenance fund requirements for tier 2 dependent extension.

You are so kind Seagull and a great help. Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:16 pm

just to clarify again that I can do this FLR(M) route even if I got my ILR from being tier 2 as a nurse from 5yr route right?
Yes.
I am doing this FLR(M) because we failed the 90day maintenance fund requirements for tier 2 dependent extension.
Do you have any savings or funds abroad Una bank?? Maintenance funds can be from any recognised bank in the world in either if your names.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kxt
Philippines

Post by Kxt » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:05 pm

We don’t have funds outside uk that was untouch for 90 say period :-(

But our salary is enough for the financial requirements in flr(m) route..

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:07 pm

Kxt wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:05 pm
We don’t have funds outside uk that was untouch for 90 say period :-(

But our salary is enough for the financial requirements in flr(m) route..
Then proceed to flrm route for which you would get plentiful threads & members experience.

Kxt
Philippines

Post by Kxt » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:38 pm

Thank you so much!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:28 am

Under the new rules, it seems that dependants may require zero or reduced maintenance funds for a shorter period of 28 days. If satisfied, then there may be no need to switch to FLR(M); thereby preserving the dependant’s qualifying period for ILR, subject to the continuous residence requirements, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Kxt
Philippines

Post by Kxt » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:52 am

Hello! The zero maintenance fund rule when was this? I need to look on to this.. can you send me the link please? Thanks

Kxt
Philippines

Post by Kxt » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:55 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:28 am
Under the new rules, it seems that dependants may require zero or reduced maintenance funds for a shorter period of 28 days. If satisfied, then there may be no need to switch to FLR(M); thereby preserving the dependant’s qualifying period for ILR, subject to the continuous residence requirements, etc.

Hello! The zero maintenance fund rule when was this? I need to look on to this.. can you send me the link please? Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:41 am

Kxt wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:55 am
vinny wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:28 am

Click on the “links” underlined in Vinny’s post.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:47 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Kxt
Philippines

Post by Kxt » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:55 pm

vinny wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:47 pm
See also Your partner and children.
Thank you vinny! My question is would this be applicable for my dependent now that I am ILR visa Tier 2 PBS system? Thanks!