ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is travel abroad possible during passport application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cristiano007
Newly Registered
Morocco

Is travel abroad possible during passport application?

Post by cristiano007 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:54 am

Hi everyone!

I have my naturalisation ceremony tomorrow 14/12, after which I will apply for the passport and I was wondering if it will be possible for me to travel while waiting for the passport.
I'm planning to go home for Christmas.

Thanks
J

woabgh
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is travel abroad possible during passport application?

Post by woabgh » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:08 am

cristiano007 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:54 am
Hi everyone!

I have my naturalisation ceremony tomorrow 14/12, after which I will apply for the passport and I was wondering if it will be possible for me to travel while waiting for the passport.
I'm planning to go home for Christmas.

Thanks
J
As during the passport application you will be required to send all your other foreign passports to the passport office by post, I am afraid you will not be able to travel out of the country easily during this time.

With possibly slower processing times at Christmas, it might be better to wait until the new year to submit your passport application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:21 am

You will become British tomorrow. You can NOT travel on your ILR BRP as you will have to return it by law by 19th Dec and it will be invalid. You will have to apply for British Passport now to travel and be able to enter UK.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

cristiano007
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by cristiano007 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:48 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:21 am
You will become British tomorrow. You can NOT travel on your ILR BRP as you will have to return it by law by 19th Dec and it will be invalid. You will have to apply for British Passport now to travel and be able to enter UK.
why by 19th Dec? I should be able to apply for passport only in January so that I can travel for Christmas no?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:50 pm

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... ertificate
You must send your biometric residence permit (BRP) back to the Home Office within 5 working days of getting your certificate of British citizenship
Travelling to and from the UK
Once you have a British passport you must use this to enter the UK.

If you do not want a British passport you can apply for a certificate of entitlement instead.

You cannot enter the UK using your BRP or certificate of British citizenship.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.