ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Visa-Change Employer- New COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

josephboban
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General Visa-Change Employer- New COS

Post by josephboban » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:03 pm

Hello Team,

I am on a Tier2 General visa (NHS),my wife and kid are on PBS dependent visa and we are currently in UK
Now am changing my employer under NHS but different trust and have received a new COS.
What is the next step that i should be doing?
Should i be making another visa application? if yes is it just to update my Visa? (Update your visa if you change job or employer under Skilled Worker visa on the uk.gov website)
Will i be doing the Biometric again? and will i get new BRP?
What will happen to my dependents Visa? Do they need to apply for visa again separately?( 2 individual applications as PBS dependents) and will they also have Biometric ? and new BRP?

Please guide..

Thanks and Regards

srsw

Re: Tier 2 General Visa-Change Employer- New COS

Post by srsw » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:05 pm

Yes, you need to make new application, i.e. update your visa.

Yes, you need to give biometrics again.

Your dependents can apply at the same time with you, but when does their current BRPs expires? If they apply, they too have to give biometrics & all of you will get new BRPs.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

josephboban
Newly Registered
India

Post by josephboban » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:58 am

Thank you for the reply.. BRP of mine and dependent s expire in June 2022, while I wait for the visa to be updated and get new BRP will I be able to work for the new employer ? or should I continue with old employer till I get new BRP?
My visa category is Tier2 general now I see that it's changed to skilled worker visa ,I work for NHS as nurse so to which visa should I update to
Will it be skilled worker visa or Health and Carer visa
Please guide..

Thank you..

josephboban
Newly Registered
India

Post by josephboban » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:07 pm

josephboban wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:58 am
Hello you mentioned "Your dependents can apply at the same time with you" so is it not mandatory if they have a valid visa?

Thank you for the reply.. BRP of mine and dependent s expire in June 2022, while I wait for the visa to be updated and get new BRP will I be able to work for the new employer ? or should I continue with old employer till I get new BRP?
My visa category is Tier2 general now I see that it's changed to skilled worker visa ,I work for NHS as nurse so to which visa should I update to
Will it be skilled worker visa or Health and Carer visa
Please guide..

Thank you..